RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What type of video game cartridge do you prefer shoved up your butt?

Started by Hobo Xiphas, 11/13/2007, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of video game cartridge do you prefer shoved up your butt?

Odyssey 2
1 (3.7%)
Atari 2600
0 (0%)
Intellivision
0 (0%)
Colecovision
0 (0%)
Atari 5200
0 (0%)
Vectrex
0 (0%)
Atari 7800
0 (0%)
NES
0 (0%)
Master System Mega Cartridge
0 (0%)
Master System Sega Card
1 (3.7%)
Turbo Graphx-16 Turbo Chip
4 (14.8%)
Genesis
1 (3.7%)
32X
1 (3.7%)
Neo Geo
5 (18.5%)
Super NES
0 (0%)
Jaguar
0 (0%)
Nintendo 64
1 (3.7%)
GameBoy
0 (0%)
Neo Geo Pocket
0 (0%)
GameBoy Advance
0 (0%)
Nintendo DS
5 (18.5%)
Virtual Boy
0 (0%)
Game Gear
0 (0%)
N-Gage
3 (11.1%)
Lynx
0 (0%)
GamePark 32
0 (0%)
WonderSwan
1 (3.7%)
Game.Com
1 (3.7%)
I prefer to shove CDs up my butt, jerk
2 (7.4%)
I can't believe you forgot the GameKing!
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

Quote from: turbo D on 02/16/2008, 02:34 AMI like my model 2 nes over the toaster.
This has been discussed on these forums before, you don't want to temper with Helgeson! (or me  :mrgreen: )
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

Its a good thing I didn't mention how much I loved my dog bone controller  :wink:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Sorry, the model 1 sucks.  Let Helgeson rant about video quality all he wants, at least us model 2 owners can get our Game Paks to actually work.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/16/2008, 02:46 AMSorry, the model 1 sucks.  Let Helgeson rant about video quality all he wants, at least us model 2 owners can get our Game Paks to actually work.
Model 1 doesn't suck, it just doesn't have as many games as Model 2. Also, the only boards that accepted GamePaks were ST-V, Naomi/Naomi2/Satellite Terminal and MegaTech/MegaPlay.

WoodyXP

Quote from: Keranu on 02/16/2008, 02:33 AMNow, correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the original Dreamcast models also better than the later ones? I seem to recall the original models being easier to play back ups on.
Yup.. playing backups are easier.  The first model also has an uber-l33t cooling system made of heat sinks and a bunch of aluminum pipes... all that was replaced by a single, cheap plastic fan in the later models.  You can tell which one you have by looking at the exhaust.. if you have a gray aluminum fan in there you're good... if you see a black plastic fan you got a cheapo... hahahah
"I bathe in AES carts."

Keranu

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/16/2008, 02:46 AMSorry, the model 1 sucks.  Let Helgeson rant about video quality all he wants, at least us model 2 owners can get our Game Paks to actually work.
Model 2's really work no greater than model 1's just because the carts go in vertically, that's a myth. Besides, why on Earth would you want a six inch cartridge sticking straight up into the air? Not to mention the original is about a 1,000x cooler looking (and better controllers).
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

We've been over this territory many times, K.

I think it's for the best to leave it since we are never going to agree with each other.

Considering what topic we are discussing this in, I think the real question is what model would you prefer shoved up you butt?  I'd take the rounded edges of a top-loader over the boxy original.

Hobo Xiphas

Keranu

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/16/2008, 05:11 AMWe've been over this territory many times, K.

I think it's for the best to leave it since we are never going to agree with each other.
But you deny the fact that it's the cartridge connector that makes NES systems screw up, not the direction you insert the cartridge!  ](*,)

Quote from: Crystalis XiphasConsidering what topic we are discussing this in, I think the real question is what model would you prefer shoved up you butt?  I'd take the rounded edges of a top-loader over the boxy original.
Well if I had a butthole that could somehow handle such large objects, I think I may have to take the boxy original because the weird shape and pointy controller port area of the top-loader might cause some serious problems. How about this: Would you rather have an original NES with a cartridge in it shoved up your butt or a top-loader NES with a cartridge in it shoved up your butt?  :mrgreen:
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 02/16/2008, 04:58 AM
Model 2's really work no greater than model 1's just because the carts go in vertically, that's a myth. Besides, why on Earth would you want a six inch cartridge sticking straight up into the air? Not to mention the original is about a 1,000x cooler looking (and better controllers).
The only consoles I enjoy "feeding" games to are the Duos and original Sega/Mega-CD. Its really nice to get to plug in carts vertically on the NES2, like an SMS or Genesis. I was shocked to find that the NES2 pads control 10 times better than the old NES pads.

The one thing that made me put my recently purchased mint CIB NES2 back in its box, never to be played again, is the awful picture quality. Just as I did with the SNES2 + S-Video, I found out the hard way that the NES2 doesn't do composite. But then I decided that RF would probably be good enough until I saw the NES2 running for the first time.

It has jaggy sort of pixelated vertical shadow lines across the screen. Sort of like the very faint lines my Duo has through S-Video, only noticible and ugly.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Kitsunexus

SignOfZeta

QuoteYup.. playing backups are easier.
I'm not sure what you are talking about there. Every DC plays any self booting ISO you get from the internet with ease.

Now, there was at one point an announcement that DC's would not longer support the virtually non-existent Mil-CD format because that feature contained the hole that allowed bootlegs to be played so easily. Truthfully I wonder just how many, if any, of these non-Mil-CD compatible DCs exist. I personally have never seen a DC that won't play CD-R games, and I know that even the later units like the Hello Kitty, and Sakura Wars DCs play them them.

If you actually have a DC that won't play CDs its pretty rare specimen. My theory is that stockpiles were so high at the time of the announcement that the production change never went into effect. Shit, Sega still had DCs (refirbs, anyway) when Radialgy was released in 2006.
IMG

termis

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/16/2008, 04:31 PMI'm not sure what you are talking about there. Every DC plays any self booting ISO you get from the internet with ease.

Now, there was at one point an announcement that DC's would not longer support the virtually non-existent Mil-CD format because that feature contained the hole that allowed bootlegs to be played so easily. Truthfully I wonder just how many, if any, of these non-Mil-CD compatible DCs exist. I personally have never seen a DC that won't play CD-R games, and I know that even the later units like the Hello Kitty, and Sakura Wars DCs play them them.

If you actually have a DC that won't play CDs its pretty rare specimen. My theory is that stockpiles were so high at the time of the announcement that the production change never went into effect. Shit, Sega still had DCs (refirbs, anyway) when Radialgy was released in 2006.
I think I recall reading somewhere that only a few runs of Japanese DC units were affected.  IIRC, no North American units went through this.

WoodyXP

I've made up my mind... I want a Dragons Lair Laser Disc shoved up my ass.  Drop it into my ass... like a tic-tac.  Hhahahahahah.
"I bathe in AES carts."

PCEngineHell

Quote from: termis on 02/17/2008, 12:39 AM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/16/2008, 04:31 PMI'm not sure what you are talking about there. Every DC plays any self booting ISO you get from the internet with ease.

I think I recall reading somewhere that only a few runs of Japanese DC units were affected.  IIRC, no North American units went through this.
Later released US systems did seem to have issues with cd-r stuff. Whatever it was to do with it,it wasn't the lasers either,because I tested that out by swapping out lasers onto a first generation US release deck.

SignOfZeta

QuoteLater released US systems did seem to have issues with cd-r stuff. Whatever it was to do with it,it wasn't the lasers either,because I tested that out by swapping out lasers onto a first generation US release deck.
Well, to clarify, we aren't talking about "issues", we are talking about total %100 incompatibility. When Mil CD support was dropped, playing anything that wasn't a GD Rom or GD-R was supposed to be impossible.

If a DC doesn't like CD-Rs, but once in a while plays them (or plays a retail Beamcast!, for that matter) then its trouble with CD-Rs is unrelated.

I was working at EB when the DC died, and I saw loads of people buy $49.99 DCs just to play boots, and never once had a guy complain, and believe me they would. My girlfriend bought one of those Sonic packs that came with a few Sonic games. That one played CD-Rs just fine too.

My DC has had spells where it doesn't feel like booting CD-Rs. Once a friend sent me this home brew compilation on two CDs, and only one of them worked. He said that was odd because they both worked for him. A few years later I tried it again and it worked perfectly.

There are actually guides online that tell you how to play boots and homebrews on non-Mil CD compatible DCs, but they are thought to be fake. I'll believe non-Mil CD DCs exists when I see one, basically.
IMG