@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

HOORAY! HOORAY! I've Finally Gotten A TurboGrafx-16 Today!

Started by OceanBlueKirby, 04/05/2008, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nectarsis

C'mon Zamphire and his amazing panflute would just enhance LOT ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

OceanBlueKirby

After 3 months from first recieving the game, I've been able to try out China Warrior today (I was busy working on several other games I had to complete, including writing down all the passwords for most of the characters in Dungeon Explorer). I did feel nearly as icky about it as when I first got it from TurboStar, but thankfully, it didn't turn out to be too bad at all. It's nice that the character can move back and forth pretty fluently, and the bonus stages were a neat surprise. I found that this game was pretty difficult and occasionally the controls aren't responsive as they should be (what's worse is that the player is unable to jump or attack briefly after getting hit). Overall, it has an arcade feel to it, and is pretty average. I suppose Black Tiger made a decent choice to purchase this game for me, after all :P.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

OceanBlueKirby

I've done it! Yesterday, I've been able to beat China Warrior at least once, which was a goal I was aiming for in the game. In the time, I was able to figure out a few strategies against some of the tougher bosses (such as constantly moving away from two of the Tough Commandos from attacking, constantly crouch-punching and letting go of the down button on the D-pad in correct timing to fight against the Five-Star Chinese-Style Martial Artists, whom remind me of Lei Wulong from the Tekken series due to their appearance, and constant kicks while moving back and forth to defeat The Drunken Master). For the ending, after the caven crumbles down from beating the final boss, the word "Congratulations!" appears briefly on a black screen, and the main character stands on a cliff in the sunrise or sunset while the credits of the bosses show in the sky with Chinese (suspecably) letters shown as seemingly their name, all accompanied by nice-sounding music. I've tried Act 2 for a little bit, which for this it's nice to see that the character gets more than one set of hits to begin with, and there are more objects being thrown at the player than before. Shortly starting this, I was getting too exhausted to play anymore, and when a fireball traveling at the bottom had hit him in Stage 2-3, it was over. The high scores for each day I've attempted to reach for each day I've tried to finish the task can be seen here (sure, it's on Nintega's board, but I wanted to try the challange that he presented there, too):

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5142.0

I have a question about Batman that I would like to address, too: I seem to be running into some conflicting information whether that game was released in the US or not (if it wasn't, though, then how was it that Joe Redifer was able to use the title screen music for his "Don't Neglect the TurboGrafx-16", assuming that he doesn't have a PC Engine, use of emulation, or a reigion modification; I can understand him using the battle entry theme from Street Fighter II Champion Edition since it's easily obtainable in the Music section of SuperPCEngineGrafx's website, but did he get the piece from him, also?). Was this game ever available in this continent, or was it only released in Japan, as GameFAQs states? I've removed it off my list (as well as added in a few games from before), until perhaps I find out the answer, since I won't be able to play it on the TurboGrafx-16 I have.

Just for the record, I caught a guest viewing this board today when I viewed who was online (which is totally an awesome aspect in my eyes, since it's nice to know that my topics are looked at :dance:). I kinda have always wondered how I look to an outside individual on the Internet. I wonder what the person was seeking in this board, and if it was satisfying (not to be self-conscious, but I can't help but ponder at the idea).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Joe Redifer

Batman was never released in the US.  However all of the chip music in that video was recorded directly from my TurboGrafx-16.  I have a small purple thing that plugs into the card slot and then I plug PC Engine games into the purple thing.  Suddenly the PC Engine games work on the Turbo just like magic!  When I bought the Arcade Card Pro, it did not work at first with my purple thing.  I cut a single trace on the purple thing's board and now all PC Engine cards without exception work perfectly.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/24/2008, 01:24 AMBatman was never released in the US.  However all of the chip music in that video was recorded directly from my TurboGrafx-16.  I have a small purple thing that plugs into the card slot and then I plug PC Engine games into the purple thing.  Suddenly the PC Engine games work on the Turbo just like magic!  When I bought the Arcade Card Pro, it did not work at first with my purple thing.  I cut a single trace on the purple thing's board and now all PC Engine cards without exception work perfectly.
"Small purple thing :shock:?" What is this "small purple thing" that you speak of? Is it some sort of region switcher? It sounds very interesting (maybe I can have one of those :shock:). Can I see what it looks like, at least? Thank you for letting me know on the release of Batman in the United States, too, Joe Redifer :).

NecroPhile

Congrats for beating China Warrior.  It's simplistic, but satisfying.

P.S. - Joe is indeed talking about a region converter; specifically the WH-301, purple colored one.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 07/24/2008, 01:08 PMCongrats for beating China Warrior.  It's simplistic, but satisfying.

P.S. - Joe is indeed talking about a region converter; specifically the WH-301, purple colored one.
Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/24/2008, 01:29 PMYeah, congrats on defeating China Warrior.  =D>
Thanks a lot, you two. That item seems to be a pretty interesting device; I'll try to check it out sometime.

Keranu

Also (and argueably better) known as, "The Barney Converter".
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Yes, because Barney is the only other thing that is purple to ever have existed.

PS - Grimace can kick Barney's ass!

Turbo D

My Barney converter is brown. Does that mean I have the shit connector?
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: turbo D on 07/25/2008, 03:54 AMMy Barney converter is brown. Does that mean I have the shit connector?
Chocolate covered Barney perhaps?

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/25/2008, 02:50 AMYes, because Barney is the only other thing that is purple to ever have existed.

PS - Grimace can kick Barney's ass!
There are also other things like Spyro the Dragon, the Grape and Atomic Purple Game Boy Colors, indigo GameCubes and Game Boy Advances, the second variant of the Judge Game and Watch (the other was green, but has said to contain a few bugs in the scoring which was corrected in a later purple back-covered version), and purple Pokemon such as Rattata, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Crobat, Granbull, Delcatty, Sableye, Illumise, Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray. There are more purple objects that what you're [joking about], Joe Redifer.

Quote from: guest on 07/25/2008, 09:53 AM
Quote from: turbo D on 07/25/2008, 03:54 AMMy Barney converter is brown. Does that mean I have the shit connector?
Chocolate covered Barney perhaps?
I would say that you have a dog converter, since I normally assicate one of that color, but if you're looking to call it by a familiar character of that color, then a Cousin It or Fazzi the Bear one could work just fine.

So they come in different colors, I see? What other colors are they available in?

Turbo D

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 07/26/2008, 12:12 AMSo they come in different colors, I see? What other colors are they available in?
I've only seen it in two other colors aside from the aforementioned two. The two other colors are Nintendo Vs. cabinet blue and gay cream white.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: turbo D on 07/26/2008, 12:44 AM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 07/26/2008, 12:12 AMSo they come in different colors, I see? What other colors are they available in?
I've only seen it in two other colors aside from the aforementioned two. The two other colors are Nintendo Vs. cabinet blue and gay cream white.
Thanks for letting me know on that, Turbo D. I think I would like to have that type of blue color for one (I was thinking there would be a bright green color for them, too). Also, is the specific device, by any chance, known as the Kisado (brand)? That way, I would know what I would be looking upon.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyThere are more purple objects that what you're [joking about], Joe Redifer.
I believe if that were true, the moron who first coined the phrase "Barney Converter" would have chosen a different purple object in order to receive all of the LOLs that he surely obtained.

Turbo D

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 07/26/2008, 12:56 AMAlso, is the specific device, by any chance, known as the Kisado (brand)? That way, I would know what I would be looking upon.
No, it is officially called the TV GAME COMPUTER CARTRIDGE CONVERTER! The Kisado connector is black with an orange sticker on it. It has been established that the Kisado connector has the greatest compatibility of the available hucard adapters. I've taken some pictures for you to see the differences.

IMG
IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/26/2008, 01:41 AM
Quote from: Game and Watch KirbyThere are more purple objects that what you're [joking about], Joe Redifer.
I believe if that were true, the moron who first coined the phrase "Barney Converter" would have chosen a different purple object in order to receive all of the LOLs that he surely obtained.
The moron who coined the term should be another person on our list of people to meet (The TG16 box dude being #1, of course). Who knows, maybe I'M the moron that started it!  :mrgreen: (I wish)

Nice complete converter with box, turbo D.
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/26/2008, 01:41 AM
Oh, well. Maybe Barney was the first purple object to come across his (or her) mind and decided to nickname it that. I'll just call it by it's name, in any case.

Quote from: turbo D on 07/26/2008, 02:55 AM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 07/26/2008, 12:56 AMAlso, is the specific device, by any chance, known as the Kisado (brand)? That way, I would know what I would be looking upon.
No, it is officially called the TV GAME COMPUTER CARTRIDGE CONVERTER! The Kisado connector is black with an orange sticker on it. It has been established that the Kisado connector has the greatest compatibility of the available hucard adapters. I've taken some pictures for you to see the differences.

IMG
IMG
Thank you very much again, Turbo D 8)! Those were exactly what I wanted to see. I have just two more questions for them: Was either brand officially licensed by NEC, and which type is more likely to work (on a TurboGrafx-16) without failure or damage?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/26/2008, 01:41 AMI believe if that were true, the moron who first coined the phrase "Barney Converter" would have chosen a different purple object in order to receive all of the LOLs that he surely obtained.
When he first laid eyes on the converter, he probably thought "Wow, it's purple; how gay is that?", and we all know that gay+purple=Barney.

Joe Redifer

Oh, and Grimace isn't gay and purple?

IMG

Quote from: turbo D on 07/26/2008, 02:55 AMIt has been established that the Kisado connector has the greatest compatibility of the available hucard adapters.
I guess that is true straight out of the box, but once you cut that evil trace on the mighty TV Game Computer Cartridge Converter is seems to have 100% compatibility even with the Arcade Card and the Tenokoe Bank, etc.

Turbo D

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 07/27/2008, 12:46 AMI have just two more questions for them: Was either brand officially licensed by NEC, and which type is more likely to work (on a TurboGrafx-16) without failure or damage?
Neither were officially licensed by Nec and both work great on the TurboGrafx-16. I would suggest getting whatever you can find cheapest. If you plan to use it in a duo, I would advise you to get the Kisado as the Barney tends to knock the hucard door off on the duo.
IMG IMG
IMG

atr3yu

Well none were official,but I have a Kisado and it fels VERY flimsy. There is a gent. on these forums selling one of the other ones shown above with a system 3.0 card and lords of thunder for 110 bucks but own't split them up. I might suggest a region mod as they are only 40-50 bucks, alot cheaper and more stable.

EDIT

there is a convertor on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-TurboGrafx16-Grafx-Import-Adapter-PCE-TG16_W0QQitemZ280249691988QQihZ018QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they wanted 65 buy it now mabe you could pm them and end the auciton early...

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: turbo D on 07/27/2008, 04:45 AM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 07/27/2008, 12:46 AMI have just two more questions for them: Was either brand officially licensed by NEC, and which type is more likely to work (on a TurboGrafx-16) without failure or damage?
Neither were officially licensed by Nec and both work great on the TurboGrafx-16. I would suggest getting whatever you can find cheapest. If you plan to use it in a duo, I would advise you to get the Kisado as the Barney tends to knock the hucard door off on the duo.
Quote from: atr3yu on 07/27/2008, 02:25 PMWell none were official,but I have a Kisado and it fels VERY flimsy. There is a gent. on these forums selling one of the other ones shown above with a system 3.0 card and lords of thunder for 110 bucks but own't split them up. I might suggest a region mod as they are only 40-50 bucks, alot cheaper and more stable.

EDIT

there is a convertor on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-TurboGrafx16-Grafx-Import-Adapter-PCE-TG16_W0QQitemZ280249691988QQihZ018QQcategoryZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

they wanted 65 buy it now mabe you could pm them and end the auciton early...
Thanks a lot, Turbo D and Atr3yu.  I don't have a TurboDuo (and depending on the circumstances, may never get one), so it should be quite fine. I don't have an interest in getting a region modification as I like the TurboGrafx-16 the way it is, and since such devices exist, I have less of a need for one. I have a preference of the TV Game Computer Converter over the Kisado brand, so when the opportunity arrives, I will purchase one to play PC Engine games with.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/27/2008, 02:02 AMOh, and Grimace isn't gay and purple?
Correct - he's mentally retarded and purple.

OceanBlueKirby

Yesterday, I've recieved four games in the mail for my TurboGrafx-16. A member on the PCEngineFX boards named Hoobs88 was selling extra copies of games that he had, and eyeing these, I was not sure whether to buy the ones I wanted or not. On Thursday, I thought it would be good to ask him a few questions pertaining to the purchase circumstances, which he answered them in a short time. I had registered for a PayPal account to pay for the cased copy of Alien Crush, The Legendary Axe, The Legendary Axe II, and a loose Bonk's Adventure. I am happy to that all of them came safely (and he really did a good job packaging them, too). I am anticipating to try out all of them when I get the chances.

So far, I've only played Alien Crush, and had a good deal of fun out of it, and it contains some of the more niftier sounds I've heard in video game. I can't really say how many games of that I've played exactly, but it was more than enough to actually let me experience jus about every event that could take place. It's so addicting...I would have loved to play it more if I didn't have so much college work to do, but it is good quick play times, too.

Duo_R

I will step in and also say Hoobs88 - packs his shipments like a professional. Very fast shipping!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Duo_R on 09/24/2008, 05:13 AMI will step in and also say Hoobs88 - packs his shipments like a professional. Very fast shipping!
Even he was impressed by the shipping speed when I informed him that the games came safely that day through a private message. Hoobs88 went as far to say "guess the Post Office can't be called 'snail mail' anymore."

SuperPCEngineGrafx has a LOOOONG way to go before reaching the professionality that Hoobs88 has with his packagings. Maybe he should try to use foam wraps instead of paper bags and styrofoam bits (I'm just teasing, Black Tiger :P; I realize you were trying to keep the TurboGrafx-16 and the two TurboChips as secure as you could with the limited materials you had).

nat

Ooooooh, burn!!!!!!!!!!11! Are you going to take this tomfoolery, CrackTiger? The midgets say my new hammer is almost ready....
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: nat on 09/24/2008, 12:47 PMOoooooh, burn!!!!!!!!!!11! Are you going to take this tomfoolery, Black Tiger? The midgets say my new hammer is almost ready....
Aw, come on :P. I can't even make a poke and get into a bit of trouble? I wasn't even trying to be that harsh (though I would feel bad if he was insulted even a little bit :().

I played Bonk's Adventure today. As I was about to put in the game into my TurboGrafx-16, I decided to clean it up a bit since it was quite dirty, especially on the bottom. A toothbrush wasn't enough to get the debris out, so I've used a diaperine/baby wipe to clense the bottom and back parts of the TurboChip. I got a bit concerned as I thought the sheet touched some of the connetors, but thankfully it worked just fine when I turned the console on.

I was surprised how jungle the title screen music sounded. Bonk ended up looking a little bit red on my TV, especially in the first round. It seemed to be a pretty tough game to play (I first had gotten a game over in World 1-3 whilst inside the dinosaur), and Bonk's controls can be very slippery. I've made it up to as far as World 2-3 for the day. I had loved it very much. It's too bad I can only give myself one hour to play video games since I have a lot of college work to do, usually.

rag-time4

On the subject of converters... don't know if this is the best place to mention this, but I had a bad experience with compatibility.

I have a converter that I bought from tzd.com to play japanese hucards on us systems. When I use it to play Image Fight on my Turbo Express, the game locks up after level 5, but it works fine on my Duo.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: rag-time4 on 10/01/2008, 02:11 PMOn the subject of converters... don't know if this is the best place to mention this, but I had a bad experience with compatibility.

I have a converter that I bought from tzd.com to play japanese hucards on us systems. When I use it to play Image Fight on my Turbo Express, the game locks up after level 5, but it works fine on my Duo.
There was a bit of questioning about the regional converters here before, so it's suitable to share any information about them here (it can benefit me more).

It seems that they weren't meant to be played with on the Turbo Express (but are somewhat workable on it). As long as it works fine for the consoles, it is still quite usable (I only have a TurboGrafx-16, after all). What type of converter was it?

nat

If it came from TZD within the past 10 years, it's a Mirai.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

OceanBlueKirby

I've beaten Bonk's Adventure tonight 8). I almost had done so yesterday, but King Drool had beaten me hard when I had fought him (I wasn't even sure if he was taking damage when headbutting since it looked to take quite a lot of hits in order to get defeated). An interesting thing about the play session I've attempted to do so was that I was also able to figure out where the upper path for level 3-2 would go (which is essentially a shortcut to 3-5 and a 1-up can be found on this path).

In the end, Princess Za gets her crown back from King Drool who went flying across the screen (I think). Each of the four other bosses return back to Moonland, and Za gives Bonk a kiss that make him to fly way up in the air. The credits are similar to Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, which they only show the cast of characters (which was quite helpful since I wasn't even aware of half of the enemies' names). In the last shot the characters wave and the game resets for the player to start again (the first TurboGrafx-16 game I've seen that has an ending that doesn't require a soft reset in order to play another round).

nat

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/05/2008, 12:59 AMIn the end, Princess Za gets her crown back from King Drool who went flying across the screen (I think).
Thanks for ruining the ending for me!  :evil:

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: nat on 10/05/2008, 01:41 AM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/05/2008, 12:59 AMIn the end, Princess Za gets her crown back from King Drool who went flying across the screen (I think).
Thanks for ruining the ending for me!  :evil:
Well, hey, the first three words should warn you that I would talk about the ending (like I often do here when I beat a game) :P. Therefore, you didn't HAVE to read it (even if you've got to the end before :twisted:).

nat

I was only kidding. Just busting your balls, er, chops, er...... You get the idea.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: nat on 10/05/2008, 03:15 PMI was only kidding. Just busting your balls, er, chops, er...... You get the idea.
I knew that. I was just trying to "correct/kid" with you :wink:.

Duo_R

Ahh that sucks u had to play all over again. A long time ago I played Legendary Axe all the way to the end boss Jago (I think that's his name). I had full power everything, got killed, my axe now was as powerful as a twig and I got killed and game over. I was so pissed I never attempted again, but that was years ago.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

_Paul

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/05/2008, 12:59 AMI've beaten Bonk's Adventure tonight 8). I almost had done so yesterday, but King Drool had beaten me hard when I had fought him (I wasn't even sure if he was taking damage when headbutting since it looked to take quite a lot of hits in order to get defeated). An interesting thing about the play session I've attempted to do so was that I was also able to figure out where the upper path for level 3-2 would go (which is essentially a shortcut to 3-5 and a 1-up can be found on this path).

In the end, Princess Za gets her crown back from King Drool who went flying across the screen (I think). Each of the four other bosses return back to Moonland, and Za gives Bonk a kiss that make him to fly way up in the air. The credits are similar to Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, which they only show the cast of characters (which was quite helpful since I wasn't even aware of half of the enemies' names). In the last shot the characters wave and the game resets for the player to start again (the first TurboGrafx-16 game I've seen that has an ending that doesn't require a soft reset in order to play another round).
I love the credits music on PC Genjin. It really chills me out after completing the game :)

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 10/05/2008, 03:15 PMI was only kidding. Just busting your balls, er, chops, er...... You get the idea.
Hahaha. Sometimes I too forget that not everyone here has Turbo balls!
IMG

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

IMG

OceanBlueKirby

Here I am after quite a long break. I apologize for my lack of posts here, but I've been more occupied at the TurboGrafx Network forum for Black Tiger's website, along with other matters including a recent trip to Reno for the holidays to visit my uncle who lives there.

As a Christmas present, SuperPCEngineGrafx had sent me Battle Royale whilst I was away. I had a bit of a disdain upon receiving it, as I've heard of heavy criticism on this particular title, especially since it wasn't a title I desired to have and I had sent him the list of titles I wanted by a private message. I asked him about this decision, and he explained to me that it was the only game he could find locally that I didn't have, and he had missed out on an ad on Craigslist for a copy of Bloody Wolf as he was very busy in the days it was featured (I'm okay with that aspect, though, as Bloody Wolf isn't a title I highly desire either). I'm over the dislikenment of recieving this title now, as do look forward to playing it (the most interesting part about it is the ability of having wrestle matches against five players, which I would love to see for myself). It was nice of Black Tiger to send me a present over the holidays, and I loved the Bonk/TurboGrafx-16 wrapping paper that eveloped around the copy of the game :mrgreen:!

In terms of playing the TurboGrafx-16 games that I have, lately I've been playing The Legendary Axe. Just this past Sunday when I started playing it again, I've managed to make it slightly farther into Zone 5A, to the second Ape Man, than previously, which was to the first Ape Man. I was a bit rusty, so I had'nt exactly played up to speck (I even died fighting against the two Demon Giants in Zone 1 on my first attempt through) :oops:, but it was enjoyable.

OceanBlueKirby

I've beaten The Legendary Axe today :dance:! Since beating the game was a priority that I had for over a month, I gave myself plenty of time this afternoon in order to do so. I was quite surprised to find out that the Pits of Madness (the name the manual gives in the Tips section for Zones 5A-Z, supposedly) were a series of trial rooms that faced Gogan off against a different assortment of enemies (or simply Idols, in the case of Zone 5C). This area was quite tough, though, as sometimes multiple enemies appeared within the same spot (inching up and being at full power/having the meter filled up was crucial to a number of areas). It was also interesting to see that the creature that is featured on the title screen (I could not find what it is within the manual) is the boss of Zone 5, and that it is quite tall and can shoot fireballs that circulate in a range for a short amount of time (a move I did not expect to see). Upon reaching Jagu, which was interesting to see that the battle took place outside instead of in a trencherous dark dungeon like I had thought, it was discoverd that he is formed  by a number of Aqua Lungs and the creature fought in Zone 5. He wasn't too difficult to battle with, as staying mainly in the middle and using a combination of powerful and rapid hits are effective techniques to use against him. In the ending, Gogan rescues his girlfriend Flare by getting her down for the rope she was tied to, gives Gogan a type of thanks which causes him to scratch his head in modesty. Gogan points to the left at first, then to the right, as a black box shows itself in which the credits scroll by in. This game, however, requires resetting in order to start playing the game again.

I'll be delaying to start The Legendary Axe II for a bit, though. I still have to make some videos of The Legendary Axe, and I don't want playing it to interfere with my playing ability within the footages.