PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Puyo Puyo Tsuu CD (sealed) -- what's it worth?

Started by Emerald Rocker, 05/23/2012, 12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Rocker

As you can see below, I have a sealed copy of Puyo Puyo Tsuu CD.  I hear that open copies sell for about $150.

Would a sealed copy (like mine) sell for more, or for less?  I know nothing about rare games, even though I own many of them.

IMG
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

NightWolve

Heh-heh... Pretty sure there are better ways to "reseal" games these days. ;)

(BTW, pretty cool site you linked - it has some nice reviews and I like the design.)

munchiaz

_Paul

There seems to be a corner missing off of the metallic seal in your photo. This suggests that it was not factory sealed, but resealed by a fraudster. I'm afraid you have been ripped off and the value is somewhere between -$5 and $1.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Heh, thanks for the lulz.  What's up with these collector twats lately?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

roflmao

That looks like the Limited Edition that was rumored to have only 10 copies made.  They were prizes given out to the first 10 people who mailed in 50 Proof of Purchases of Marukome Miso Soup.  I'd say it's probably the most rare game for the console, and would easily fetch over $10,000.00. :D

Emerald Rocker

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2012, 09:39 AMThat looks like the Limited Edition that was rumored to have only 10 copies made.  They were prizes given out to the first 10 people who mailed in 50 Proof of Purchases of Marukome Miso Soup.  I'd say it's probably the most rare game for the console, and would easily fetch over $10,000.00. :D
Awesome!  As a special deal for a fellow PCEFX member, would you like to buy mine for only 2K monies?
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Bernie

SignOfZeta

The problem with sealed games is that you never really know what's inside. This could be a copy of The Kung Fu for all we know.
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/23/2012, 01:38 PMThe problem with sealed games is that you never really know what's inside. This could be a copy of The Kung Fu for all we know.
Thet it's worth twice as much!

CrackTiger

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/23/2012, 01:38 PMThe problem with sealed games is that you never really know what's inside. This could be a copy of The Kung Fu for all we know.
Not when it comes in the tamper proof ERGA case.

Just add the grade rating and it will be worth four times as much as simply being sealed.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

motdelbourt

He should be so lucky. It could well be a copy of The Kung Food though.

roflmao

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 05/23/2012, 01:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/23/2012, 09:39 AMThat looks like the Limited Edition that was rumored to have only 10 copies made.  They were prizes given out to the first 10 people who mailed in 50 Proof of Purchases of Marukome Miso Soup.  I'd say it's probably the most rare game for the console, and would easily fetch over $10,000.00. :D
Awesome!  As a special deal for a fellow PCEFX member, would you like to buy mine for only 2K monies?
That's an amazing deal, but I already have 2 sealed copies and one opened to play.  Maybe I should just try to collect all 10.... Hmmm.

Arkhan Asylum

Shit, that's a prototype seal too.

The bag is made out of a fiber that doesn't exist anymore. 

its worth triple all prices mentioned here.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

spenoza

We won't TRULY know what's in that bag until he puts it on someone's front porch, sets it aflame, rings the doorbell, and runs.