RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Boot from cd with hu-card inside?

Started by emuola, 04/25/2013, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emuola

Is this possible? I've got a Duo and Krikzz TUrbo Everdrive, so I'd rather keep the hu-card in when I occasionally boot from cd.

NecroPhile

You can load a system card from the flashcart, then play the CD.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

emuola

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2013, 01:37 PMYou can load a system card from the flashcart, then play the CD.
Thanks, now stupid of me not realising that option :) Works like a charm!

CrackTiger

Quote from: emuola on 04/25/2013, 02:07 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/25/2013, 01:37 PMYou can load a system card from the flashcart, then play the CD.
Thanks, now stupid of me not realising that option :) Works like a charm!
It won't actually work as a super CD system card for a CD-ROM/IFU setup. It only works for the Duo because it has the ram inside the hardware.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!