PYRAMID PLUNDER IS ON SALE NOW. BUY BUY BUY. GO GO GO.

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 02/28/2013, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duo_R

Is there any footage of the final release i saw the prototype video that was of it in early production. Love to check it out
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

roflmao

Quote from: Duo_R on 04/15/2013, 01:29 AMIs there any footage of the final release i saw the prototype video that was of it in early production. Love to check it out
You can see some footage while watching starsoldier's review of it on yt:
:D

Duo_R

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, I am hoping to see more video reviews.   I would do one, but uh, it's Aetherbyte's stuff, so that'd be a bit biased, :)

I could make a gameplay footage video, with no review though.

Also, as of right now, I think we've sold somewhere around 60, if memory serves.  I did not serial number them, but I have kept track of each sale.

Some promo copies were given away for less than retail, so hopefully those people do the reviews like they said they would. :)

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jasonbar

Finally found time to play me some PP this weekend. I dig--nice job, Arkhan. Feel free to spam me when your next game is ready!

Thanks,
-Jason

Marll

Need to get me a copy for sure, but money is tight right now, hopefully when I have a bit more disposable income I can pick up a copy of PP, Insantiy and the reprint of Meteor Blaster. I already own Implode and Mysterious Song, so I'd like to get other homebrews as well. I think that the efforts of home brew devs are helping to strengthen the TG catalog for sure.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

TheClash603

Quote from: Marll on 05/08/2013, 02:56 PMNeed to get me a copy for sure, but money is tight right now, hopefully when I have a bit more disposable income I can pick up a copy of PP, Insantiy and the reprint of Meteor Blaster. I already own Implode and Mysterious Song, so I'd like to get other homebrews as well. I think that the efforts of home brew devs are helping to strengthen the TG catalog for sure.
Get Arkhan's stuff first, especially since this is his thread.

...but then don't forget about ReVival Chase.

T2KFreeker

Just ordered today. I can't wait to play it now. Awesomeness!
END OF LINE.

T2KFreeker

END OF LINE.

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/16/2013, 03:00 PMGIT DOWN ON IT.
I'm going to here in a minute actually. Had some stuff to finish up first. I'm digging the case art Arkhan. Very cool, man!
END OF LINE.

Arkhan Asylum

\o/

I didn't draw it, lol.

My womanoid doodled it, and Sunteam Paul colored it.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/17/2013, 11:14 AM\o/

I didn't draw it, lol.

My womanoid doodled it, and Sunteam Paul colored it.
Nice. I have to admit, it would have been cool for a level save or something like that, but oh well. I only say that because I had to leave in a hurry and was on level 8 I think and had to shut it off, sadly. Cool game though. I got lots of retro due to it and ReVival Chase this month. Groovy!
END OF LINE.

Arkhan Asylum

Well, there IS a level - picker cheat code.

Someone will figure it out eventually.

:)

Mishran

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/17/2013, 09:56 PMWell, there IS a level - picker cheat code.

Someone will figure it out eventually.

:)
It's the Konami code in reverse... :P

Be humorous if it was though.

Arkhan Asylum

nah its easier than that!

One of these days someone will figure it out. ;)

Deletion

Arkhan Asylum

Duo_R

Thanks for the video Deletion that was an excellent review! I need to get this one!

Bernie

I was informed by someone, that there is a way to run AND collect the gold bars as you go.  :)  Just have the turbo switch up. 

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Bernie on 06/16/2013, 12:38 PMI was informed by someone, that there is a way to run AND collect the gold bars as you go.  :)  Just have the turbo switch up. 
Yeah :)

But that's for sissies

turboswimbz

Quote from: Bernie on 06/16/2013, 12:38 PMI was informed by someone, that there is a way to run AND collect the gold bars as you go.  :)  Just have the turbo switch up. 
I have tried this, and I while in the early stages it might help, the later stages require more strategy, and It doesn't help nearly as much as you think it would.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

roflmao

I just tried using TurboRip to copy my version of PP to my JXD S7300 and it crashed Turborip.  3 times in a row.  After rebooting. 

So my question is: have you intentionally come up with a way to prevent people from ripping your game, or is this a happy accident?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 06/20/2013, 08:28 PMI just tried using TurboRip to copy my version of PP to my JXD S7300 and it crashed Turborip.  3 times in a row.  After rebooting. 

So my question is: have you intentionally come up with a way to prevent people from ripping your game, or is this a happy accident?
Happy accident, maybe?  :)

roflmao

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/20/2013, 09:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/20/2013, 08:28 PMI just tried using TurboRip to copy my version of PP to my JXD S7300 and it crashed Turborip.  3 times in a row.  After rebooting. 

Happy accident, maybe?  :)
Well congrats!  Not all of my CD games made the cut to this device - I only wanted games I knew I was going to play.  I'll be limiting this one to the actual hardware, and that's really the best way to play anyway.

Arkhan Asylum

You can probably use Nero to generate an image that will work in an emulator. 

You got a working copy of CDRWin?   That one always does the trick.

Bernie

roflmao

Hahaha... Ark, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to show people how to create backups of your game. :D

I'm not really into emulation - every once in awhile I get the urge to check it out and I either can't figure out how to get games to play properly, or I get bored.  Having said that, I'm pretty sure I have ImgBurn installed and may try to figure out how to use it.  This Tablet device is pretty frickin cool for playing TG16/PCE games on the go.

Thanks Ark and Bernie!

Arkhan Asylum

I don't remember now, but my guess is turbrrborborborbo rip is crashing because there's no warning track this time, so it's having a stroke.

Duo_R

Can't wait to get this when I get funds looks really cool

Duo_R

Quick question ark - has a homebrew platformer been developed yet for Turbob?

esteban

Quote from: Duo_R on 06/28/2013, 04:31 AMQuick question ark - has a homebrew platformer been developed yet for Turbob?
Jungle Bros.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Duo_R on 06/28/2013, 04:31 AMQuick question ark - has a homebrew platformer been developed yet for Turbob?
Inferno?  Oh..... wait.....  :(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

spenoza

Quote from: esteban on 06/28/2013, 05:21 AM
Jungle Bros.
Well, if this one were done, that would technically be correct, but as it is still in development, the correct answer is "Not yet, but be patient."

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 06/28/2013, 09:35 AM
Quote from: esteban on 06/28/2013, 05:21 AM
Jungle Bros.
Well, if this one were done, that would technically be correct, but as it is still in development, the correct answer is "Not yet, but be patient."
If you're looking for a PCE hombrew release list you can find it here, along with titles still in development.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10666.0

The previous Jungle Bros demo that has been shown on disc is as much a complete game as some other "released" hombrew PCE games.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

spenoza

I did use that posting you linked to, BT. And the article has been posted at RB. I'm taking some down time before I tackle a dedicated homebrew/hacks/mods/translations article.

Arjak

I have FINALLY bought a copy of this. I haven't received any confirmation yet, though. Has my game been shipped, Arkhan?
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Arjak on 10/14/2013, 03:25 PMI have FINALLY bought a copy of this. I haven't received any confirmation yet, though. Has my game been shipped, Arkhan?
Yeah I shipped it on Thursday or Friday.  It should be there soon.

Sorry about that.  I don't print the paypal clicky print label that probably sends you a confirmation email.

I go to the kiosk thing and pay/print there.   Those things dispense nice sticky labels. 

Arjak

I received my game today. I just finished playing for the evening, and I really enjoyed it.

While Insanity is definitely a port of Berzerk with few frills, Pyramid Plunder feels like it has a little more of its own identity separate from Pac-Man. The Egyptian theme is quite unique for this genre, and works quite well, and the power-ups that you can activate on command add a good layer of strategy that wasn't there before.

Very nice, Arkhan. I can't wait to try Atlantean. :D
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah.  We really learned enough from Insanity to go on and make a more complete game, instead of what amounts to a clone with different art.

It will be even more apparent with Atlantean.  ;) 

Glad you enjoyed the game.