RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC-Engine Region mod that's work with the everdrive

Started by turbokon, 11/29/2014, 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

I tried out a different location for the region board in a pc-engine install to keep the data lines short.  Didn't think I had room at this location but it works.  Every rom I tried on the Turbo Everdrive seems to load A-OK.  I have another PC-Engine with the region board already installed and it's having issues with the everdrive.  Will move the region to this location to see if the everdrive loads any better.

IMG
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Bernie

Make sure the one I am getting doesn't have issues.. lmao  :)

technozombie

Im getting an everdrive for Christmas.  If it does not work in my duo-r, I may have to call on you for advice.

Keith Courage

Both US Turbo grafx and DUO-r systems have no issues with either a chip based region mod or a manual 8pdt region mod when using an everdrive.

Both US Duos and regular Pcengine duos require a chip based region mod to work with an everdrive.

Core grafx and PC engine systems require a chip based region mod with the wires being as short as possible.

technozombie

Quote from: Keith Courage on 11/30/2014, 10:39 PMBoth US Turbo grafx and DUO-r systems have no issues with either a chip based region mod or a manual 8pdt region mod when using an everdrive.

Both US Duos and regular Pcengine duos require a chip based region mod to work with an everdrive.

Core grafx and PC engine systems require a chip based region mod with the wires being as short as possible.
Thanks for clearing that up.