The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

i go buy me a whisky..

Started by Tatsujin, 12/23/2006, 06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

..and play some shen mue tonight :P

just repurchased a dc today for play that game. it's already 6 years ago when i played that masterpiece of videogame entertainment the last time =D>

did you repurchase a system only to play one specific game again before?

i just gonna have a nighty night!! :mrgreen:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Seldane

Yes, a PC Engine for Ys IV.  :mrgreen:

Edit: Oh, and an N-Gage QD for Xanadu Next.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

cavein2000

A DC for worms armageddon. :wink:
What a horrible night to have a curse...

Hobo Xiphas

Excuse me, but do you know where sailors hang out?

guyjin

my brother purchased a playstation just for final fantasy VII. he's such a tool.  :evil:

Seldane

I will buy a PS3 for FF13.

/ps3forum2vr0.jpg
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: guyjin on 12/23/2006, 05:13 PMmy brother purchased a playstation just for final fantasy VII. he's such a tool.  :evil:
Would you rather have had him buy it for O.D.T.?  Ahem.

Anyways, I really hate to defend Final Fantasy VII, but the whole "let's crap on Final Fantasy VII" Internet parade is starting to get old.  It is an above average game, just ignore the horrible GameFAQs crowd that gives it a bad name.

Man, I feel so dirty.  I think I'm going to take a shower or something.

Keranu

I agree with Xiphas, but what pisses me off more is the whole "let's crap on NES" internet parade that seems to have been going around for the past year or two.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Seldane

I've never heard of either.

I have, however, ONLY (and I mean O N L Y) heard good things (or should I say GREAT things) about the utter shit that is FF7. Disgusting.

And NES rules. I've never heard of anyone disagreeing with that either.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Seldane on 12/24/2006, 05:58 AMI have, however, ONLY (and I mean O N L Y) heard good things (or should I say GREAT things) about the utter shit that is FF7. Disgusting.
I think you should take a look at this http://www.cross-changer.net/ff7.html :lol: .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

I've never really heard much negativity about FFVII, but am tired of so many people refering to it as 'the best game ever' and referencing it as a positive when trashing all previous FF's. Particularly, I don't think the story was very good, particularly in execution. And the ebonics was just racist, not street hip poppin' fresh cool yo'.

The only way I can see someone trashing the NES is if they hate old systems in general. I prefer the SMS and it's games, but that doesn't take anything away from the NES for me.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/23/2006, 06:38 AM..and play some shen mue tonight :P

just repurchased a dc today for play that game. it's already 6 years ago when i played that masterpiece of videogame entertainment the last time =D&gt;

No, because I don't get rid of systems unless they suck (N64), in which case I'm never going back.

BTW, if you really like Shenmue that much, you really need to play Shenmue 2. Its such an improvement. Its like they just make a check list of all the annoying crap in Shenmue 1 and removed it all. It also has a much improved story. Shenmue 2 is one of my all time favorite games. I think of Shenmue 1 as just being a prerequisite to Shenmue 2.
IMG

Dark Fact

Quote from: Tatsujin..and play some shen mue tonight Razz

just repurchased a dc today for play that game. it's already 6 years ago when i played that masterpiece of videogame entertainment the last time Applause

i just gonna have a nighty night!! Mr. Green
It's worth it for Chai.

"Going with your ticket to Hong Kong, are you? Well, you're not going to Hong Kong!" and then he eats the ticket! :lol:

Quote from: black tigerI've never really heard much negativity about FFVII, but am tired of so many people refering to it as 'the best game ever' and referencing it as a positive when trashing all previous FF's. Particularly, I don't think the story was very good, particularly in execution. And the ebonics was just racist, not street hip poppin' fresh cool yo'.
I know what you mean, tiger.  Blame the defunct GameFan magazine for giving it that whole "best game of all time" BS.  I remember the whole ad campaign surrounding it.  I also had the privilege of playing the game years ago but I found it to be too damn easy compared to the 2D versions.  Hell, people already considered Final Fantasy III (Final Fantasy VI) the best Final Fantasy game ever until VII came out.  It's also incredible that people called themselves Final Fantasy fans after this game came out but chose to snub the previous 6 games.  What kind of fandom is that?

I won't say that Final Fantasy VII is all bad.  It's just that it's not "best game of all time" material.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

GUTS

A lot of people just don't like 16bit RPGs but loved FFVII, I had a few friends who had always hated RPGs and then got tricked into buying FFVII by the misleading ads and ended up loving it.  They still couldn't get into pre-psx RPGs though for some reason.

CrackTiger

Quote from: GUTS on 01/04/2007, 03:06 PMA lot of people just don't like 16bit RPGs but loved FFVII, I had a few friends who had always hated RPGs and then got tricked into buying FFVII by the misleading ads and ended up loving it.  They still couldn't get into pre-psx RPGs though for some reason.
You mean the TV spots completely comprised of CGI cinemas, full of gameplay like scenes?  :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Dark Fact

Quote from: GUTSA lot of people just don't like 16bit RPGs but loved FFVII, I had a few friends who had always hated RPGs and then got tricked into buying FFVII by the misleading ads and ended up loving it.  They still couldn't get into pre-psx RPGs though for some reason.
They can't call themselves Final Fantasy fans if they're only going to kiss up to anything VII and up.  The original 2D versions were what made Squaresoft into the RPG powerhouse.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!