@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

MIDI controller for PC Engine?

Started by VenomMacbeth, 04/23/2014, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

I've heard of such things being done on the Atari 26000, mega drive, master system, etc., but has it been attempted for the PC Engine?  Would it be possible?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Tatsujin

to do what exactly? making music with its sound chip?

possible is almost everything.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

It's possible.  I've talked about it before.  I could probably rewrite a Parse/Play PSG thing I did awhillllle ago to act as a live-playing library for it.

You'd just need someone who wants to dick around with the expansion port enough to make the hardware.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

megatron-uk

Ooh, now this would be interesting. Playing some chip tunes through a Roland MT32 or Sound Canvas.

Arkhan Asylum

I was thinking about it the other way, where you use MIDI in to control the PCE with an external device.

Going out would be a bit more work probably
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ccovell

A MIDI in box would be kinda cool, but it'd take an EE guy to make a board and/or UART.

I added live note playing to my PCMgine program a few months ago via a 6-button pad, so adding MIDI would at least be more possible now.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ccovell on 04/28/2014, 05:39 AMA MIDI in box would be kinda cool, but it'd take an EE guy to make a board and/or UART.

I added live note playing to my PCMgine program a few months ago via a 6-button pad, so adding MIDI would at least be more possible now.
Yeah, the only person who ever sort of said it'd be doable/possible is Charlie, but I doubt it's really a priority lol.