Does this game suck as bad as the first 30 seconds let on?

Started by bob, 03/27/2013, 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/28/2013, 03:22 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 03/28/2013, 03:18 PMThis visual is nice and the music is somewhat catchy but I'll take SSS, BL, soldier blade, gate, lords, sapphire, ray, aero blaster, air zonk, spriggan and a slew of others shooter over this any day.
As long as Deep Blue isn't hiding somewhere in that list.
Hahaha, you can rest assure it isn't. I never played that nor do I want to.

I just don't like any shooters where you can stop in shop to buy power ups during the stages.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jperryss

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/28/2013, 06:16 PMMagical Chase > Cotton

As a matter of fact, I highly dislike any game which you are required to hold a button down that you normally have to press repeatedly.  I don't know why, but it pisses me off.
Cool! Someone else that hates R-Type.

bob

Quote from: turbokon on 03/28/2013, 07:00 PMI just don't like any shooters where you can stop in shop to buy power ups during the stages.
I concur with this. Aside from Lords, the others I have played where you need to buy power ups seem to ruin the experience a bit.

pc_kwajalein

I rather enjoy Magical Chase, even though there are plenty of other shooters out there I would prefer. The graphics are cute and colorful, the music is infectiously addictive for me personally, and overall it's just a pleasant little diversion to partake in.   

On the issue of shopping for power-ups while progressing through a stage, it doesn't bother me as long as it's implemented correctly. Magical Chase pulls it off fairly well IMO. If you think you're well enough equipped for the stage, you can bypass the shop and continue on through the level.
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Tatsujin

It also pulls off some of the nicest parallax scrollings done in the whole pce library.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Evilplayground

I played this at Sparky's place and it wasn't so bad.  Almost too 'cutsie' but not bad in my eyes.

mac

I like it. cute, colorful and a quick getaway from Gates whipping my ass :)

fraggore

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/27/2013, 09:17 PMBTW: this screen shot was aparently taken in stretched mode proving that you don't even have the knowledge to properly operate a television let alone critique a video game, ass.
lol

your not realy giving it chance with 30 seconds of play, there meany games out there that after playing the first 30 seconds make you think fuck yea i love this game.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

Dyna138

Magical Chase is very enjoyable with some impressive graphics and music for a turbo chip. I think the price of the game has twisted peoples perspective and created knee jerk reactions like this. My only complaints about the game are its relatively short length (it could use one more level) and easy difficulty (I've beaten it on the hardest setting without much practice).

I also enjoy games like Forgotten Worlds and Lords of Thunder where you collect currency to upgrade various things. It gives the game a little more depth and customization.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Dyna138 on 04/07/2013, 12:51 PMMagical Chase is very enjoyable with some impressive graphics and music for a turbo chip. I think the price of the game has twisted peoples perspective and created knee jerk reactions like this. My only complaints about the game are its relatively short length (it could use one more level) and easy difficulty (I've beaten it on the hardest setting without much practice).
Nah.  First time I played it was with an emulator in like 2001, before I knew how much any of the stuff cost, and just wanted to try games out before I went and attempted to locate them in the wild. 

I just thought it was lame compared to some of the other games I played.

Chuka Taisen is where it's at. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

ALL THE FOLKS UNHAPPY WITH MAGICAL CHASE: Swiftly send those HuCARDs my way. I'll pay postage. Loose HuCARD is fine, since I just want to play. Both JP and NA version will find a very good home here in NJ. Thanks :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

fraggore

the game seems more the like ancestor of trouble witches more than cotton
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

PunkCryborg

I just go the PCE version and it's fucking awesome. If you don't like it maybe you need to be playing SNES instead cause this is one BAD ASS MOTHER FUCKING HUEY CARDO.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

laseractiveguy

If Myst went for anymore... I might have had to sell my 1988 Fiero....  what game were u talking about?

DesmondThe3rd

I still love Magical Chase eventhough some my hate how expensive the actual cards are getting. The game has a unique shielding and 8 way firing system, the graphics are amazing for a Turbo game, the music fits the cute theme perfectly, and collecting the gems for cash is always fun. The story could have used some work (beat the end at any difficulty and nothing really happens) a save feature would be cool too but these are minor issues to a great shooter.

Flare65

Magical Chase plays just fine on my psp with emulator!