@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turboexpress Switch

Started by 77FordTruckMan, 07/26/2010, 11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77FordTruckMan

I just bought a turbo express on Ebay and it is missing the little plastic slider piece that goes over the switch, I was just wondering if anyone has one of these from a dead unit they would be willing to sell me. I could send you a money order and you could probably just put it in a regular envelope and throw a stamp on it. If not I will just mount a switch externally. Thanks

77FordTruckMan

this is the power switch I am talking about.

77FordTruckMan

well, I tried to install a new switch, but once I got it all hooked up It didn't work, and neither does the old switch, I re-soldered, removed new swith, then old, replaced new, still nothing I guess I must have fried something...... expensive mistake, even though I got a good deal on it ($67)because it was missing the switch thing. Anyone know what might have happened here? Looks like I will have to end up paying over $100 for another.

BlueBMW

Do you have any pictures of the PCB?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

77FordTruckMan

no, the only digital camera I have is on my Letcool, I tried to take a picture of it but you can't even tell what it is.

77FordTruckMan

there is a little resistor or something right by the switch, maybe I should try replacing that.

77FordTruckMan

If someone wants to buy it or fix it for me make me an offer, I have Paypal.

Duo_R

so no power on this one at all?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

BlueBMW

I ended up buying it from him.  I rewired the replacement power switch and replaced the fuse that had blown.  That's all that was wrong with it.  Unfortunately, I think during my dis-assembly and re-assembly I damaged one of the screen's internal ribbon cables (while checking the backlight assy) and so now there are some missing lines to the screen.  If you need parts let me know!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc