RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

RAFFLE: Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (J) (CD-ROM²) -WINNER DRAWN!

Started by incrediblehark, 12/11/2011, 09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

incrediblehark

Went through my pce stuff looking for dupes and I found this, and seeing as how tis the season for rafflin' I thought I'd do my part as well. I don't have many requirements for the raffle other than you don't own the game and while I'm not big on post counts, I would prefer if you have been a member on these boards for at least 3 months - not too unreasonable I hope. Just reply here if you want in, Drawing will be held on December 22.

List of entrants:

Trevpwnsnoobs
Duo_R
LameKat
A_Locomotive
GameFreak
Gao
BigusSchmuck
HercTNT
snickersbar
Jibbajaba
edojapan76
Firebomber7
Senshi
thesteve
T2KFreeker

Trevpwnsnoobs

i would love love to join in on this raffle
(20:45:58) Tatsujin: WARNING! WARNING! A HUGE OBEYANCE "PC ENGINE" IS APPROACHING FAST!

BlueBMW

US or JPN?  If its US, I've got an extra outer box for it if the winner wants it.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

incrediblehark

Sorry I should mention it is the JPN version!

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

bartre

fantastic game!
don't need it though, got my own, but good on ya mate!

esteban

I want to encourage everyone to PLAY THIS GAME, even if you don't win this raffle!

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

awesome of you to do this. I have a US copy so count me out.

A_Locomotive

I don't meet the months part of the requirements but I totally understand your having them. :] Besides I'm more then content with the copy of Sapphire I have coming from a previous raffle. :P This is though definitely a game I'm going to look into down the road. Looks like great fun! Was actually on my list of games I was planning to buy from D-lite when I was buying my Duo-R but the total was getting a little high so I nixed it in favor of a few shooters. :P

GameFreak

I heard good things about this game. I really want to try it. Count me in the raffle.

Gao

incrediblehark

A_Locomotive, I'll add you to the list since you have been a pretty active member since you joined.

Monster Lair was one of the first games I ever got to play for PC Engine, and its still one of my favorites, as is all of the games in the wonder boy series. I'm really happy to be able to give someone else a chance to own and play the game as well.

LameKat

roflmao

Great game, great raffle.  Very cool of you to offer it, incrediblehark!  I won't join this one as I already have the US version, but I'll chime in that's it's good fun (though I'm not very skilled at it).

I don't know if you're aware of this A_Locomotive, but the second half of each level is a horizontal shooter, not run and jumpy.

Man, now I want to go play this game! :P

A_Locomotive

Quote from: incrediblehark on 12/12/2011, 12:13 PMA_Locomotive, I'll add you to the list since you have been a pretty active member since you joined.

Monster Lair was one of the first games I ever got to play for PC Engine, and its still one of my favorites, as is all of the games in the wonder boy series. I'm really happy to be able to give someone else a chance to own and play the game as well.
Oh wow awesome! Wasn't expecting you to do that I really appreciate it. :P I really like this forum lots of very nice and helpful people. Its once of the best online communities I've ever seen. :)

BigusSchmuck

Sure sign me up, haven't been here quite 3 months though, but I would appreciate it! Man there are good raffles going on!

HercTNT

snickersbar

incrediblehark

Drawing will be held December 22, good luck to everyone who enters! :D

esteban

Why, with all of these raffles, it's Christmas in December!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

Some have complained that there aren't enough games for sale because there are so many raffles
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

GohanX

This game is so great, one of my PCE favorites. I hope it goes to someone who has never played it before.

bartre

or at least to someone who will play it!
i enjoy my copy, i just always get mad at the random ohko's

CGQuarterly

neoxeno

Already got it, but like others said, it's a great game.
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.

Firebomber7

IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

Senshi

Is this a complete version of the game? I have a sealed US copy that I got when tgodfrey distributed that lot of them but I would like a japanese copy. If I win I will raffle off my sealed us copy. Sound savy?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Tatsujin

great game and most close to teh arcade (graphically wise), sure surpasses it in the sound department with a land slide, makes it just the best version out there ever!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

blueraven

Count me out, I've been the recipient of much generosity already :D

Thanks incredibleshark! Kudos to you!

thesteve

edojapan76

incrediblehark

Quote from: Senshi on 12/17/2011, 09:40 PMIs this a complete version of the game? I have a sealed US copy that I got when tgodfrey distributed that lot of them but I would like a japanese copy. If I win I will raffle off my sealed us copy. Sound savy?
Sure, thats fine with me if you want. There are some minor differences between US and JPN versions of the game though. The game is not technically complete, I am missing the spine card, but it does come with disc, original cd case with back insert and the fold out instruction manual / Wonder Boy poster.

Firebomber7

I do totally dig this game. I had it when I used to have PC Engine stuff before. Very, very fun platformer/shooter. It is also one of those PCE games that is much better than the MD version. The MD does have the parallax scrolling that this one is missing, but everything else on the PCE is better. Great classic game here and the best version of it outside of the arcade itself (although I think the PS2 Monster World collection has all versions other than PCE on it. I'll check my disc sometime later).
IMG
IMG
IMG
Wants:
-region/s-video modded PC Engine Duo w/Arcade Card at www. multimods .com
-region modded Super Grafx
-region modded PC Engine original
-PC-FX w/Zenki, Zeroigar, Chip-Chan, Battle Heat, Der Langrisser FX

Will this complete me?

Senshi

Quote from: incrediblehark on 12/18/2011, 01:21 PM
Quote from: Senshi on 12/17/2011, 09:40 PMIs this a complete version of the game? I have a sealed US copy that I got when tgodfrey distributed that lot of them but I would like a japanese copy. If I win I will raffle off my sealed us copy. Sound savy?
Sure, thats fine with me if you want. There are some minor differences between US and JPN versions of the game though. The game is not technically complete, I am missing the spine card, but it does come with disc, original cd case with back insert and the fold out instruction manual / Wonder Boy poster.
Sounds like a deal.

T2KFreeker

END OF LINE.

incrediblehark

WE HAVE A WINNER!

IMG

Congrats to Senshi! PM coming your way.

Thanks everyone for entering! :)

roflmao

munchiaz

neoxeno

I will never get bored to see all these winners.

Congrats Senshi!  =D&gt;
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.

T2KFreeker

END OF LINE.

Senshi

Thanks a lot Hark! Sorry about being MIA over the last week or so! My monster lair will be up shortly.

incrediblehark

HercTNT