10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

RGB Mod - original PC-Engine

Started by megatron-uk, 02/17/2014, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megatron-uk

I've just picked up an original white PC-Engine to go with my US Duo and Express. I'm UK based and the Duo was modified by Telegames UK some 15 years ago (sadly it's one of the early mods with captive scart cable  :cry:  ... on the other hand it's always worked reasonably well).... anyway, I need to RGB mod this new system as it's just RF out at the moment.

I've also got a Tennokoe Bank 2 coming so I thought I could fit a Megadrive 2 compatible din socket and the rgb amp inside. That said, I don't know where to start with the amp circuit. I've seen plenty of talk about a 'N64 RGB amp', and it appears very simple - a single IC and a couple of resistors such as in these examples:

http://nobitleftbehind.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/nintendo-64-rgb-mod/
http://retrorgb.com/n64rgbmod.html

But I've also been searching through previous threads here and see 'thesteve' has many posts about improving rgb out and getting rid of jailbars.

What, exactly, do I need? I can solder pretty fine stuff (have fixed several very fine smd stuff, but I have no experience with electrical diagrams). My display devices are either RGB enabled SCART TV's, or my Sony PVM14L4

pnauts

I use and sell this board on my duo.
jailbars I can't say because I use it on digital projector and I have not seen this problem.
IMG

megatron-uk

Looks good - nice and neat. Have you got any left? Do they come with the components?