OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

TG16 / Turbo-Duo Composite AMP

Started by p2computing, 02/15/2014, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2computing

Hi guys.

I have successfully completed a component mod on my TG16, but sadly this doesn't work on every component capable TV (Some say Invalid Format)

In order to use my TG16 on incompatable TV's i'd like to create the best composite signal possible.

I have tested tapping in to the expansion port pins, but the quality is pretty low and the colors look very washed out.

Have any of you had good results with a composite amp? If so, where do you generally tap in for composite video?

Look forward to your responses!

Mzo

Are you talking about modern displays?

It could be that they don't recognize a signal with really low resolution, even if it is coming through a component cable.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

p2computing

The display will recognize the "Y" output from the composite mod, through the Composite Video input (Black and white, super clear)

The display will NOT recognize the video through the Y Pb Pr input on the TV

I have tested both component and RCA cables, but still get no picture "or even a flicker" through component input on the TV.

This is why i decided to mod a clean Composite output for TV's that won't recognize the component signal (I purchased a board from Turbokon)

So without having to hunt down a very specific TV, i'd like to get a nice, clean composite signal out to basically "any" composite video device.

thesteve

the stock composite quality on the TG16 is quite good
you could also try an S-Vid mod as some TV's will perform better with it.

p2computing

By stock do you mean the output from the composite pin on the expansion port?

turbokon

You can do s-video mod and get an adapter to composite. Composite should slightly be better this way.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

thesteve

yes i mean the pin on the expansion bus

p2computing

Thanks guys. I finished up the mods I needed on my TG16 tonight =)

Using DB9 serial for controllers
Component Video
Composite Video
Stereo Audio
LED Logo Illumination

I had a good time with it =)

MotherGunner

Welcome to the forums!  You switched out the controller connectors?  Pictures?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

p2computing

I switched them out for my TG16 and Turbo Duo. I didn't like the super short cables, and felt mini-din connectors were a bit fragile.

I will get pics in the morning =)