10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

CC65 for PCE/SGX

Started by TurboXray, 07/06/2014, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurboXray

I talked with Chilly Willy about this, a number of months back, and CC65 has some pretty nifty features (he's interested in doing C for SGX). Not that I use HuC much (if at all), but I'm ditching it in favor of CC package. I don't have much free time, but I post whatever setups/libs I can - if anyone is interested in taking this route.

Arkhan Asylum

Does it have PCE libraries now, or something?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TurboXray

Quote from: guestDoes it have PCE libraries now, or something?
It doesn't. While that doesn't bother me (I'm always writing new libs), I will share what libs I do create for it.. if that helps. I ~might~ port some of the more general lib stuffs from HuC over, but they'll probably be re-writes or something comparable-ish (rather than directly compatible). I usually write specific lib code (to what I need), rather than generalized lib stuffs. Not sure how useful that will be.

CC specifically had strengths for managing banks/pages of C functions, which setups nicely with the extra ram for the SGX (or PCE CD game projects with >8k segment of fixed 'ram'). That, and the variable size chunks of banks/data setups you can mix on the fly (16kCode/16kData, or 24kCode/8kData, etc). I wanted to write something in C-ish for PCE, so I'm gonna go with this. Chilly Willy is pretty good with creating/setting up lib packs IIRC. Of course, if I can get him to actually start SGX dev stuffs.

I'm just starting to set this up. I have no idea what kind of code generation CC spits out. Hopefully nothing worse than HuC.

trapexit

Did you get anywhere with cc65?