OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Can anyone help me to ID these games?

Started by dave_van_damn, 04/09/2015, 01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_van_damn

I saw a bunch of CD Roms for sale the other day but sadly they were all taped together meaning I couldn't see them individually and the owner was being a dick and wouldn't let me look at each one of them. Which is dumb since in Hong Kong people speak/read Cantonese, not Japanese (I know some characters are shared between Chinese and Japanese, but not all).

Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone out there can help me to ID some of these games. I've crudely numbered them on Paint so if anyone is bored, please help me!

Thanks!

IMG

johnnykonami

Top to bottom:

Wizardry I-II
Wizardry III-IV
Princess Minerva
Burai II
Megami Paradise
Dungeon Master
Ys III
Exile
Garou Densetsu Special
Art of Fighting
Kisou Louga
Brandish
Hyper Wars
Sazan Eyes
Doukyusei
Monster Maker

dave_van_damn

Wow! That was quick, thanks a lot!!  :D :shock:

Edit - Just googled the titles you translated. Damn, seems like most of them are duds..

tknjin

This is from top to bottom

Wizardry 1&2
Wizardry 3&4
Princess Minerva
Burai 2
megami tengoku/paradise
dungeon master Theron's quest
Ys 3
Exile 1(I guess 2 because 1st game was on msx or something like that lol)
Garou Densetsu Special
ryuuko no ken
kisou louga 1
brandish
Hyper wars
3x3 eyes
doukyusei
monster maker yami no ryukishi

johnnykonami

tknjin

oh crap I missed my timing by just a bit lol with my response.

dave_van_damn

Quote from: tknjin on 04/09/2015, 02:21 AMoh crap I missed my timing by just a bit lol with my response.
Haha, thanks anyway :)

ccovell

These are all the dirt-common games swiped wholesale from the 100-yen bin at Hard-Off...

So don't be paying too much.

CrackTiger

Quote from: dave_van_damn on 04/09/2015, 02:11 AMWow! That was quick, thanks a lot!!  :D :shock:

Edit - Just googled the titles you translated. Damn, seems like most of them are duds..
They're almost all great games. Unless you were just looking to flip them for profit.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

dave_van_damn

Quote from: guest on 04/09/2015, 07:16 AM
Quote from: dave_van_damn on 04/09/2015, 02:11 AMWow! That was quick, thanks a lot!!  :D :shock:

They're almost all great games. Unless you were just looking to flip them for profit.
They're about $12 US each, but they mostly seem to be JRPGs which I assume have language barriers?

imparanoic

Quote from: dave_van_damn on 04/09/2015, 07:28 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/09/2015, 07:16 AM

They're about $12 US each, but they mostly seem to be JRPGs which I assume have language barriers?
most pc engine gamers ( same with some of the Super famicom and Megadrive people in Hong Kong  can read basic Japanese, considering this type of category are usually hardcore gamers.

In fact there is a preference of Japanese games, even if the us localized version are available

johnnykonami

I once owned both Princess Minerva and Monster Maker, can't really remember enough to recommend either though.  Ys III and Exile are still in my collection (US versions) but both are great games and worth owning, and so is Dungeon Master (one I still wish I had.)  Music is great in all 3 games.  I haven't yet played through Brandish, but that's a Falcom game and an action RPG, I would probably go for that one myself.