Daichi kun crisis translation project

Started by toktogul, 12/03/2015, 02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toktogul

I am waiting on feedbacks from my <<The lost sunheart>> translation, so I have decided to start a new project. I will tackle the Harvest Moon like game <<Daichi kun Crisis>>. So far the coding is pretty similar to The lost Sunheart, so I have already been able to start putting some of the script inside the game. One big challenge is that the alphabet font is way too huge, only in CAPS and takes too much place for the intro section.

here's a first screenshot. I wish I could write Harvest instead of crops, but it's 6 letters maximum...

IMG

NecroPhile

Good luck with 'er.

Plant some delicious corm.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ginoscope

Good luck on the translation.

I looked up some synonyms for harvest and you could try 'yield, result, output' if you want to use something other than crops.

SuperPlay

Great stuff :-) All the best with the project.

SignOfZeta

IMG

esadajr

this is cool. Thanks for the hard work
Gaming since 1985

toktogul

Quote from: ginoscope on 12/03/2015, 10:44 AMGood luck on the translation.

I looked up some synonyms for harvest and you could try 'yield, result, output' if you want to use something other that crops.
Yield is perfect! Thank you!

roflmao

Bernie

Yep.  Thankful and happy to see it!  :)  Wish I knew how to do this shit.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

Vimtoman

Just tried this game and not sure what the object of the game  is.
All I seem to be doing is trying to stop these things plopping grey things.

esteban

AWESOME!

For folks who are curious:

tg-16.com/Daichi_Kun_Crisis_FAQ_Guide.htm

Digi.k did 99% of the work...I just did some copy editing and slightly re-organized a few things.

I would love to add more to the FAQ, and correct mistakes...so please share your thoughts.

OBLIGATORY RECYCLING:

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Vimtoman

Vimtoman

Toktogul hows the conversion going?

Keranu

I had a strange fascination with this game on emulators. This is pretty god damned sweet.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"