Identifying people with PCE games

Started by runinruder, 12/20/2007, 10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ParanoiaDragon

I hope he'll be showing us some more pics for our cinemas for Mysterious Song, his work is wonderful!
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 01/09/2008, 09:25 PMHe was away for a long time (albeit not as long as you :) ) and then came back some time ago and posts every now and then. He said he came back from some top secret mission, so I don't know what the old cat is up to.
Aha! Thank you. :)

Can't wait to see him post. So, have any Frozen Utopia projects been released yet? I haven't missed anything, right?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

JoshTurboTrollX-16 = ShockMan

:twisted:
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

Quote from: esteban on 01/10/2008, 08:32 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 01/09/2008, 09:25 PMHe was away for a long time (albeit not as long as you :) ) and then came back some time ago and posts every now and then. He said he came back from some top secret mission, so I don't know what the old cat is up to.

Can't wait to see him post. So, have any Frozen Utopia projects been released yet? I haven't missed anything, right?
No releases yet. We're planing our next release sometime after the apocalypse.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

retrodelee

I started playing BioShock recently.  Although I haven't played Timeball/Blodia yet... this screenshot reminds me of Bioshock's hacking screens: 

IMG
http://www.videogameden.com/hucard.htm?blo

:) 
Can it be really THAT bad?  I'll have to try it out soon.  I wonder if I ordered that one from D-Lite or not.  I guess I'll need to check.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: runinruder on 12/20/2007, 10:04 AMTATSUJIN - BAZARU DE GOZARU
He's always posting pictures of himself posing with his copy, and everyone says he looks like the monkey. 
that's because, i am the monkey :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nat

Quote from: retrodelee on 01/11/2008, 10:12 AMCan it be really THAT bad?  I'll have to try it out soon.  I wonder if I ordered that one from D-Lite or not.  I guess I'll need to check. 
It's not that bad. Steve knows what I'm talking about. I don't know why people hate on it so much.

It's a pretty neat puzzler, and I dig the music too. Very atmospheric. The first time I really got into playing it I was sitting on the balcony of a rental house in Hawaii, it was a warm evening and the sun was going down. I was tipping back a few Coronas and was definitely "in the zone" for Blodia on my GT.

You know how when you hear music it takes you back to the first place you ever heard it, well, every time I hear the Blodia music it takes me back to that warm Hawaiian night. So mabye I'm a little biased, but I had lots of fun with that game on that trip.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Tatsujin

yeah..music is the best souvenir carrier.

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 01/11/2008, 11:37 AMIt's not that bad. Steve knows what I'm talking about. I don't know why people hate on it so much.
It's too boring to play and too homely to look at.  My excessive retardeditty and being unable to get very far doesn't help things either.  Since it's too hard for me, I think I'll go cry now.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

It's not the prettiest game, I'll give you that.

But there are many more games that look much worse than Blodia that don't get hated on quite enough.

Take Genpei Toumaden, for example.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 01/11/2008, 01:31 PMIt's not the prettiest game, I'll give you that.

But there are many more games that look much worse than Blodia that don't get hated on quite enough.

There's no such thing as 'enough' when it comes to hate for the abomination known as Genpei Toumaden.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Haha. Awesome list Runinruder!  :D I don't know how I missed this thread.  :-k

I'm building up a new penny collection, but I'm not sure what games to buy with the money now that I have reacquired a copy of Ninja Spirit thanks to rag-time.  hehe. I'm thinking either Parasol Stars (I love Bubble Bobble and need to play this. lol), Magical Chase, or Dungeon Explorer II (US version).
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

runinruder

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/11/2008, 02:02 PMI'm building up a new penny collection, but I'm not sure what games to buy with the money now that I have reacquired a copy of Ninja Spirit thanks to rag-time.  hehe. I'm thinking either Parasol Stars (I love Bubble Bobble and need to play this. lol), Magical Chase, or Dungeon Explorer II (US version).
Parasol Stars shouldn't cost you all that many pennies.  I got mine last year for like ten bucks.  It's an okay game, but I prefer Rainbow Islands.  I know I'm in the minority on that, though, and PS is more like Bubble Bobble.  And RI is more expensive.

Dungeon Explorer II is fucking awesome, definitely the one to get of the three you mentioned.  Take the original DE and throw in a larger world, more bosses, an incredible CD soundtrack, and one of the coolest Turbo villains. 

I don't like Magical Chase.

CrackTiger

Here I am with another great post. 8)

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/10/2008, 04:40 AMI hope he'll be showing us some more pics for our cinemas for Mysterious Song, his work is wonderful!
I'm hoping to have another complete cinema by the end of the month.

I haven't been able to stop myself from revising the character designs over and over, but after this cinema is complete all of the character's appearences for the cinemas will/should be set in stone.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 01/11/2008, 07:44 PM

Here I am with another great post. 8)

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/10/2008, 04:40 AMI hope he'll be showing us some more pics for our cinemas for Mysterious Song, his work is wonderful!
I'm hoping to have another complete cinema by the end of the month.

I haven't been able to stop myself from revising the character designs over and over, but after this cinema is complete all of the character's appearences for the cinemas will/should be set in stone.
Word, this is going to be sweet!
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/11/2008, 11:49 AMyeah..music is the best souvenir carrier.
It really is. Especially when a piece of music gets layered in several experiences over the years.

esteban

Quote from: nat on 01/11/2008, 11:37 AM
Quote from: retrodelee on 01/11/2008, 10:12 AMCan it be really THAT bad?  I'll have to try it out soon.  I wonder if I ordered that one from D-Lite or not.  I guess I'll need to check. 
It's not that bad. Steve knows what I'm talking about. I don't know why people hate on it so much.

It's a pretty neat puzzler, and I dig the music too. Very atmospheric. The first time I really got into playing it I was sitting on the balcony of a rental house in Hawaii, it was a warm evening and the sun was going down. I was tipping back a few Coronas and was definitely "in the zone" for Blodia on my GT.

You know how when you hear music it takes you back to the first place you ever heard it, well, every time I hear the Blodia music it takes me back to that warm Hawaiian night. So mabye I'm a little biased, but I had lots of fun with that game on that trip.
Blodia is a fun game. I was a big fan of Pipe Dream]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_Dream_(video_game)]Pipe Dream as well, so this shouldn't be surprising.

Blodia represents all that is great with puzzles: an exceedingly simple concept that is addictive to play. Once you solve a puzzle (especially tough ones), there's a wonderful moment of satisfaction. Then, you're on to the next one.

Blodia should have been given a more polished look and more songs. Oh well.

handygrafx

QuoteJOE RUDDIFER - RAYXANBER II
Because he always goes around saying "RAISIN BAR!  RAISIN BAR!" whenever the game is mentioned.
that's funny,  one of the guys that reviewed this game in Sendai Publication's 
Super Gaming magazine, also said (raisin bar?)  ^__^

/rayxanberreviewsv5.jpg

Ceti Alpha

I love Ken's review of the game.  :roll: I remember reading that Turbo hate as a kid and the gamma rays would start to kick in every time.

Me Hulk. Me bash EGM.

IMG
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

Quote from: handygrafx on 01/11/2008, 11:59 PMthat's funny,  one of the guys that reviewed this game in Sendai Publication's 
Super Gaming magazine, also said (raisin bar?)  ^__^
yeah, a true classec!

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/11/2008, 01:49 PM
Quote from: nat on 01/11/2008, 01:31 PMIt's not the prettiest game, I'll give you that.

There's no such thing as 'enough' when it comes to hate for the abomination known as Genpei Toumaden.
The more I hear people Genpei Toumaden the more I think I'll like it. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

nat

You've never played it?

Don't bother-- play Samurai Ghost instead.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/12/2008, 09:25 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/11/2008, 01:49 PM

The more I hear people Genpei Toumaden the more I think I'll like it. :P
nat is offering the best advice, but considering how cheap GT is, I'm sure you'll be able to get some enjoyment from GT. I did. Runin's review is accurate, though, and I fear that GT can become frustrating the further you get. I haven't gotten too far into the game, plus part of my enjoyment is derived from its "novelty". The novelty quickly wears thin.

I also bought the famicom version of GT... I've had the same experience with this version.

I wouldn't recommend any "normal" person to get these games. :)

Saffaya

Hi there~
Recent member but PC-E owner (interface unit ftw) since 1993.
Very easy to guess which PCE game Identifies me, isn't it ?  :D

Also Gate/Winds of Thunder.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Saffaya on 01/14/2008, 03:02 PMVery easy to guess which PCE game Identifies me, isn't it ?  :D
yeah, indeed it is.

Kitsunexus

I  want to be identified with BATTLE ACE! ^__^
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/14/2008, 08:07 PMI  want to be identified with BATTLE ACE! ^__^
I think you're the only person who does. But hey, I think that's awesome!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 01/15/2008, 04:54 AM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 01/14/2008, 08:07 PMI  want to be identified with BATTLE ACE! ^__^
I think you're the only person who does. But hey, I think that's awesome!
Kitsune has to change his avatar before I truly believe him.

Do it!

nat

His current avatar is disgusting. I hate tentacle crap.

Kitsunexus

Yeah I figured Jack Carter would be more forum-friendly...
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!