10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Wow...

Started by offsidewing, 04/24/2007, 06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

Quote from: Charlie on 05/26/2011, 05:57 PMHmm,
I'm not sure if you are applauding to the example statements, or to the "go-away" statement! :-k

Charlie
example

CrackTiger

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/25/2011, 06:31 AMBTW: /7f1b.jpg

85% NEW!!
I don't remember if i said this way back when, but I can understand the seller using a point based grading system if it was physically 85+% new and just happened to be filthy. But you can see at least 45 grading points of physically wear. Combined with the filth, the condition should've been graded as "as-is". A collectible like a sports card would have to be pretty valuable and genuinely rare in the first place, to hold any value in this kind of condition.

It's so awesome that the seller still tried to grade an item that was only worth what he was asking if it wasn't "85% new". An LT in this condition for any price wouldn't be as hilarious as something as an item as functionally useless as a 3 player tap. :P

Was this a lingjr auction? Maybe his fat finger hit the 8 and 5 keys at the same time and it was supposed to be labeled only "5% new" or "8% new". :wink:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Tatsujin

I'd say he appluaded to 85% to the example statements.

Tatsujin
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 05/26/2011, 09:39 PMWas this a lingjr auction? Maybe his fat finger hit the 8 and 5 keys at the same time and it was supposed to be labeled only "5% new" or "8% new". :wink:
LOL, then it would have been something like 5678% NEW!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

CGQuarterly

The units in the picture look more like 90% new.

This guy should post a "% of new" scale, complete with pictures.  I would like to see what something that he thinks is 0-20% of new looks like.  Once you get below 50%, it probably stops resembling what you would recognize as that item.  Like a 50% new PCE CD drive probably has so much moss and dirt on it that you can only recognize it by shape.  By the time you get down below 20%, it probably just looks like a pile of rotting bananas.

Chris

Mathius

Pile of rotting bananas :lol:

VestCunt

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/10/2011, 02:47 PMBy the time you get down below 20%, it probably just looks like a pile of rotting bananas.
Yeah, I have a Duo like that.  Ya think Blue can patch it up for me?  :wink:
Topic Adjourned.

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2011, 06:19 PM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/10/2011, 02:47 PMBy the time you get down below 20%, it probably just looks like a pile of rotting bananas.
Yeah, I have a Duo like that.  Ya think Blue can patch it up for me?  :wink:
:-" :-" :-"
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

apachacha

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/10/2011, 02:47 PMThe units in the picture look more like 90% new.

This guy should post a "% of new" scale, complete with pictures.  I would like to see what something that he thinks is 0-20% of new looks like.  Once you get below 50%, it probably stops resembling what you would recognize as that item.  Like a 50% new PCE CD drive probably has so much moss and dirt on it that you can only recognize it by shape.  By the time you get down below 20%, it probably just looks like a pile of rotting bananas.

Chris
A 50 % new PC Engine looks surprisingly like a Sega Master System :P

CGQuarterly

Quote from: apachacha on 07/11/2011, 01:25 AM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/10/2011, 02:47 PMThe units in the picture look more like 90% new.

Chris
Right!  And it will still play HuCards, but only ones that are about 50% new and more closely resemble (in both look and performance) SMS Sega Cards.

See? We can just start making the "% of New" scale for him.

Chris

apachacha

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/11/2011, 11:43 AM

Chris
Right!  And it will still play HuCards, but only ones that are about 50% new and more closely resemble (in both look and performance) SMS Sega Cards.

Chris
So, what would 0 % new be like ?

The Jaguar CD ? :P

CGQuarterly

Quote from: apachacha on 07/11/2011, 03:50 PM

Chris

Chris

No, an Action Max.

Chris

apachacha

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/11/2011, 04:23 PM
Quote from: apachacha on 07/11/2011, 03:50 PM

Chris

Chris

No, an Action Max.

Chris
I never even knew this existed :P

Mathius

I had an Action Max growing up. It looked cooler in the commercials.

CGQuarterly

I had one, too.  I think my dad bought it off of a clearance rack or something.  I had whatever game it was that had you going through a haunted house. 

Just looked it up.  "The Rescue of Pops Ghostly".

Chris

Mathius

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/11/2011, 08:19 PMI had one, too.  I think my dad bought it off of a clearance rack or something.  I had whatever game it was that had you going through a haunted house. 

Just looked it up.  "The Rescue of Pops Ghostly".

Chris
Yep! I remember that one!

shubibiman

Can someone please rename that topic?
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

nat

I'm reluctant to mess with the legacy of 85% NEW!!!!!!!!!!
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

offsidewing

Of all the goofy things I've done in life, being part of this thread is certainly one of the most memorable.

We have a sales campaign in my region at work, and we have a customer category called "85% probability."  I squirted coffee out my nose when I read the power point deck for the first time.

This thread always has, and always will be, a day brightner.