RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

SOLD: SuperGrafx bundle on sale (box/manuals/foam/matching Serial..)

Started by JapanTokei, 06/23/2010, 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JapanTokei

the winning bidder got an awesome deal.... there is hope for us who still shop on ebay to show good prices can still be had.
$204.27 was the final selling price.  I hope he/she will give my SGX a nice new home.   [-o<

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-SUPERGRAFX-PC-Engine-Duo-w-14-games-box-manual-/120587460242?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c13929e92

Not by any means to steal thunder from Nectaris, I also cleared out some of my SuperGrafx closet space. 

The bundle is listed with 14 games, including 6 button avenue pad mint in box, SF2, TwinBee, Kyoku Tiger, etc.
Box is a bit sunfaded, but system is prestine, with all originals matching serials, foams, to manual and outer box. 

If you are a collector needing the whole set, this might interest you.   :mrgreen:
Otherwise, Nectaris's set is a great deal!    =D>

IMG
IMG

(note the last picture of the manuals are contrasted intentionally to show you the Serial.  the actual color is NOT like that.. it's much better in white like the first picture  :mrgreen: )

NecroPhile

You should respect Paul's bandwidth and save the screenshots to photobucket or delete them from your auction.  [-X
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JapanTokei

That is a good point.  I actually thought in reverse, that the traffic I send his way would be welcomed for his site. 

Paul, if you're reading this, please let me know.  I can def pull it off and move it to Photobucket, but want to see if you wanted the traffic page views through this or the bandwidth costs you more.  thx. - Tokei.

(update - I moved it to Photobucket anyway to be safe, since Ebay won't let me modify it if there is a bid and referred to Paul's site specifically just in case he is monetizing the traffic and prefers it).  NecroPhile, thx for pointing this out  :oops:

Quote from: guest on 06/23/2010, 03:15 PMYou should respect Paul's bandwidth and save the screenshots to photobucket or delete them from your auction.  [-X

SignOfZeta

Matching serials!!! Quick, call Barrett Jackson!

I just bid on this. I won't win, but hey. I always wanted a SGX. Maybe the market is so depressed I'll get my chance.
IMG

JapanTokei

Good luck :) 
My humor is out of date... who/what's Barrett Jackson?

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/23/2010, 04:53 PMMatching serials!!! Quick, call Barrett Jackson!

I just bid on this. I won't win, but hey. I always wanted a SGX. Maybe the market is so depressed I'll get my chance.

SignOfZeta

Its a car thing. Americans who buy classic cars have become obsessed with every little detail to the point where they want verification that the serial on the engine matches the one on the chassis. They've run out of excuses to overpay for cars that aren't even slightly rare, so they are looking for every little stupid detail to jack the price up.

Barrett Jackson is a guy/company that auctions off these cars for truly stupid prices. A million dollars for a Chevy.
IMG

JapanTokei

I see, haha, that is interesting to know.  Yep!  We PCE/TG crazy fans are definitely like that now....

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/24/2010, 02:37 AMIts a car thing. Americans who buy classic cars have become obsessed with every little detail to the point where they want verification that the serial on the engine matches the one on the chassis. They've run out of excuses to overpay for cars that aren't even slightly rare, so they are looking for every little stupid detail to jack the price up.

Barrett Jackson is a guy/company that auctions off these cars for truly stupid prices. A million dollars for a Chevy.

JapanTokei

Okay, so I just finished my pre- sale-ending retest of my SGX. 

Here is the pic I took ~15 mins ago during my tests.  But this made me hard to let-go of it.  #-o
I have to admit I am getting quite a bit of seller's remorse.. Not sure why I decided to get rid of it besides forced spring/summer downsizing. :shock:

IMG

Well, it's too late now.  HEre goes.  Hopefully whoever wins it will give it a nice comfy home. 
I will miss you, my SGX  :cry:

Ceti Alpha

She's definitely purdy, tokei. Fortunately, you can always pick up another one further down the road. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"