@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbografx Bloody Wolf

Started by Liquid Snake, 11/04/2010, 12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquid Snake

I own US version of Bloody Wolf.  US version has unlimited continues and I've heard JPN version has limited continues..............is that true?
My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia

Liquid Snake

Tested on both US & JPN versions, and confirmed that US has unlimited continues but JPN has 5.
Incredible....... =P~

Play-Asia

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

Strange, they usually make the western versions more difficult.

Liquid Snake

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2010, 04:45 AMStrange, they usually make the western versions more difficult.
That's what I have in mind.

It took me awhile to get JPN version (because of price on ebay) and finally I can play both versions side-by-side.  To my surprise that US version has unlimited continues and that's very unusual.

Play-Asia

Tatsujin

Oh this varies a lot. There are a lot of games that are much harder in the NTSC-J version (e.g. Chomakaimura). But then again, there are the others (e.g. Contra the HC).
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Duo_R

I remember playing Life Force and how much fun it was to blast through that game. When I got Salamander.....i could not believe how hard that damn game was. The Konami code makes a huge difference.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq