@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Question on a PCE Joystick

Started by Lord Thag, 10/24/2008, 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Thag

My friend John once found this joystick at a thrift. It was either a Duo or PCE stick, and it was the very last word in PCE luxury. It was black, had about a million buttons for turbo, slow mo etc, and the actual A and B buttons were mounted on a rotating disk to allow you to position them for optimal comfort. In styling, it was like a more 'racy' black NES advantage.

I want one  [-o<

Anyone know what this stick is called? John can't remember. Barring that, anyone have a recomendation for a good Duo arcade stick?
Dodging little white bullets since the Carter administration

rolins

You mean the XE-1PRO HE. These are awesome sticks, I have the FC and ST2 model w/ 3 buttons.
http://kikux68k.hp.infoseek.co.jp/x68k_khard14.html

sheath

This is an old topic I know, but I really want to know what the best PCE/TG16 Joystick is.  I can't find this one in a brief search online, does it have 6-button compatibility?  My recent foray into Art of Fighting ACD convinced me that I need a joystick with turbo fire selectable for individual buttons.

grahf

the XE-1 pro is an awesome stick, but it's a 2 button.  Hori makes two 6 button PC Engine joysticks that I know of. The Fighting Stick PC, and the Fighting Stick Multi (supports SFC and Megadrive also). The Fighting Stick PC uses nice components, but the Fighting stick Multi is cheap junk.

Tatsujin

The SIGMA 6000TURBO(SIGMA for PCE/SFC/マークIII/MD/PC(ATARI):
IMG

The Hori Fighting Stick PC (HPJ-08 ):
IMG

The Fighting Stick Multi (H3J-07 for SFC/PC Engine/MD):
IMG

Imaginer Stick(for PCE/SFC/MD/NEOGEO)
IMG

more?  :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

sheath

That fighting stick PC looks like my Saturn Hori Stick, I need that one!  Thank you for the pics.

Tatsujin

Yeah, Hori almost 1:1 re-used that model for the Saturn again. It's also one of their nicest (and simplest) looking stick they ever made.

But hey, that Sigma 6000 monster also looks quite dem cawesome :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

keep in mind peoples you can hack a duopad to accept DB9 (sega genesis) controllers.  I have a Duo Pad that has an arcade stick jammed into the top, for maximum turbob.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

Back in the mid-late 90s there was a guy on the Turbo Mailing List who picked up a bunch of NES Advantage controllers when Kay-Bee Toys was unloading them on clearance for something like $2-3 ea and he converted them to Turbo or Duo controllers for $15 shipped.  I picked one up from him bitd and it was my controller of choice for a long time. 

Unfortunately, I had a bout of stupid and sold off my entire collection a few years later.  I regretted it almost instantly and started rebuiling my collection after only a handful of weeks, but was never able to hunt down another Turbo-converted Advantage.  I would guess that it's not too hard a mod to do myself, but I don't have an extra TurboPad to rip the cable from (though I do have an Advantage that's ready and willing to make the trasnformation!).

Also when I sold my collection I had one of those Hori 6-buttons joysticks (The black PC one) and it was AWESOME.

sheath

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/18/2011, 07:42 AMYeah, Hori almost 1:1 re-used that model for the Saturn again. It's also one of their nicest (and simplest) looking stick they ever made.

But hey, that Sigma 6000 monster also looks quite dem cawesome :)
It looks like it'll cost as much as a DUO/R too.  ;)

SuperPlay

The Sigma 6000 looks like one hell of a solid piece of kit :@)

sheath

Since shipping from Japan is so high for Joysticks I'm going to have to wait for that rare US individual selling one.  Looks like I'm going to be stuck with pads for some time.  :(

SuperPlay

nat

The XE-1 PRO HE is a nice joystick, but I've been considering selling mine for two reasons: the cord is as inexplicably short as your standard TurboPad cable (compared to the 8-foot-or-so cable on the JP TurboStick), and it's only two buttons. Because the cable is so short, when I need a two button joystick I find myself reaching for the TurboStick so I don't have to sit 3 feet from the TV screen.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games