PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlegamer

Joe is blowing his stack at sega-16 over the complaining!

Just stay on pcenginefx, it's not as autistic here.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Gentlegamer

By the way Joe, I noticed your and Dave's beards aren't perfectly symmetrical, you should really look into fixing that.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

esteban

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 01/07/2015, 12:05 PMBy the way Joe, I noticed your and Dave's beards aren't perfectly symmetrical, you should really look into fixing that.
Hahahahahshashs. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

No shit, right? I think there might be a few more hairs on one side rather than the other. Let's talk about this for 5 pages.

esteban

Can someone link to the thread at Sega-16?

I want to read it, but not enough to search Sega-16 forums.

Gentlegamer

IMG

Joe Redifer

Just be sure to replace the word "hate" with "am extremely annoyed by" as you read it.

DeshDildo

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 01/07/2015, 07:03 PMHere's the last page, you can backtrack from there http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?16584-Game-Sack/page88
Thanks for the link.  I will never get that 15 minutes of my life back.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Gentlegamer

Like I posted at Feka-16, I was immensely happy to see you started your list with Master System Choplifter. One of my all time favorites!

I was kind of surprised not to see Shinobi on your list, either PCE or SMS. PCE for being nearly arcade perfect, and Master System for being both largely accurate and a nice "consolized" conversion where you have a life bar and don't die with a single hit.

I would bet if you expanded your list to ten Shinobi would be on there.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 01/07/2015, 10:01 PMLike I posted at Feka-16, I was immensely happy to see you started your list with Master System Choplifter. One of my all time favorites!

I was kind of surprised not to see Shinobi on your list, either PCE or SMS. PCE for being nearly arcade perfect, and Master System for being both largely accurate and a nice "consolized" conversion where you have a life bar and don't die with a single hit.

I would bet if you expanded your list to ten Shinobi would be on there.
I don't think there's a single home conversion of Shinobi that really hits home for me.  The PCE is about as arcadey as you can get, but it's still not perfect.  I actually prefer Shadow Dancer on the SMS over the Shinobi port.  Actually, I'd rather play SMS Shadow Dancer than any version of the original Shinobi.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NecroPhile

Nice episode!  If you ever do a Bottom 5 Arcade to Home Conversions episode, please include Hatris.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Desh on 01/07/2015, 09:45 PMThanks for the link.  I will never get that 15 minutes of my life back.
Heh, no kidding; that guy is a real toolbag.  Pissing and moaning about video quality is just plain stupid, seeing as gamesack is 10x better than your average jump cut youtube crap that looks like it was pulled from a heavily worn 20 year old slp vhs dub with tracking issues.

Not that posting an opinion or suggestion is bad, but to go on and on and on about it?  Nope.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

Joe, your browns arent brown enough on your Genesis captures!!! Fix it!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ClodBusted

Joe, does it help a little if I say I enjoyed the N64 episode of GameSack? I did, honestly. :) And I've no idea what others could have found wrong about that, but then I did not read that video's comments. I just see it mentioned here and there.

Joe Redifer

With the N64 episode most people are annoyed by the fact that we had too many racing games in there (we probably did). But hey it's what we enjoyed on the system. Some of the people were annoyed by what they perceived as a flagrant dissing on the Zelda games. How can OOT not be our most favoritist Zelda game? Don't like an aspect about Majora's Mask? That's worse than drawing Muhammed! Ocarina of Time is one of the games I'd like to try and give a second chance to someday, however.

ClodBusted

Thanks for the explanation.

When I got my N64 at Christmas '97 back then, my first games were Turok and xtreme-G. Heck, in my opinion the N64 was known for excelling at three genres: Platformers, FPS and racing games. Lots of racing games, and some are still worth playing today. I like how you brought up Beetle Adventure Racing, a game I once won in a draw. A friend of mine and me had a lot of fun exploring the vast tracks of BAR in 2-player mode and we tried to exploit the game's physics more or less successfully. The N64 isn't just Zelda or Mario.

EDIT: Oh and I found it very cool how you two talked about all the tech stuff in a way that made me smile. :)

SephirothTNH

I really enjoyed the N64 episode as well.  I was shocked to see someone mention it wasn't received well.  I don't read the video comments usually.  I actually thought it was quite refreshing to not see it end up being all about Zelda and Mario. 

I do like OOT but no Zelda has ever topped A Link to the Past for me.

PunkCryborg

JOE WHY DONT YOU MAKE THE SHOW HOW THIEF FROM SEGA16 LIKES IT

That bitch needs to get game sacked

ClodBusted

Haha, the first episode I ever saw must have been either the N64 or the Mario Vs Sonic one. From what I can remember, it popped up in the recommendations of my Xbox360's Youtube App.

EvilEvoIX

I love pretty much all episodes of Game Sack.  The production quality alone is above board and true fans are making great videos.

But to keep the fanbois in check just use RF through a 1978 Zenith and then record the image via a Kodak XL55 Super 8 Movie Camera and get the sound via reel to reel through a AKG MIC submerged in maple syrup.

That way it is fair and you should know this BTW.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Psycho Punch

The choplifter capture does look a little bit too bright to be honest.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ClodBusted

When I watch other gaming videos on Youtube, it's obvious they either play through an emulator (where the colors do not have exactly to match the real thing) or through Composite Video (e.g. TurboViews & AVGN) which is obvious on the dotcrawl. Maybe some people are so used to RF, Composite or emulators, that they don't know how proper captured RGB signals look like.

Either way, I have the impression that you two Gamesack guys care a lot about about both entertainment AND audiovisual quality, something which isn't frequently seen on videogame related shows.

graffias79

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/08/2015, 09:44 PMJOE WHY DONT YOU MAKE THE SHOW HOW THIEF FROM SEGA16 LIKES IT

That bitch needs to get game sacked
If I may be so blunt, I smelled troll on Thief the first time I saw a post from him.  Seeing him post in a thread is akin to smelling someone's particularly nasty fart at walmart that seems to have taken over the entire aisle.  I very rarely block people but I'm tempted to since I've never seen anything substantial posted by him.

Edited to add: Joe your show is amazing.  I hope you keep at it for a long time!

KnightWarrior

I alway watch past shows on my TV

Sit down with something to munch on

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mzo

Great new episode!  Some really interesting choices.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

Bloufo

Dicer

That ending...

PunkCryborg

When do we get the CDi episode we've all been waiting for

ClodBusted

Just wait 'til Dave reviews Mr. Nutz.

IMG

Good episode as always.

EvilEvoIX

Watching now.  You guys really do a great job and it's obvious you guys are true fans of gaming.  So much knowledge.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/18/2015, 12:52 PMWhen do we get the CDi episode we've all been waiting for
I have been completely serious about wanting CDi episode, too. Joe knows that we both lust for it. :)

And what was that other wacky platform? NUON?

Beemer, or somebody (DragonMasterDan?), had NUON and shared their thoughts on Tetris years ago. I have to find the old threads. I forget 99% of that stuff.

I think I may still have a WHOLE BUNCH OF HUGE CDi magazines I picked up years ago. They are "large format" (double the size of a regular magazine) and I can't figure out how to scan them (taking a high quality photo with lighting might be the best route). :)

I read all those damn magazines over 10-15 years ago, but now I barely remember anything from them. :(

Anyway...

Dicer

A CD-i/Nuon WomboCombo ep. would be the tits...make it happen.

I have Nuon games and a controller somewhere I can send, my unit is dead though :(

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 01/18/2015, 01:01 PMBeemer, or somebody (DragonMasterDan?), had NUON and shared their thoughts on Tetris years ago. I have to find the old threads. I forget 99% of that stuff.
Both the Nuon and CDI have a version of Tetris.

The Nuon Tetris is a version of "The Next Tetris" and it's really sloppily put together. The disc it's on is a demo disc and the game is of demo at best quality. It was a mail order only item for people who bought a particular model of Nuon.

CDi Tetris controls strangely and has a weird background of actual photos. It's tetris but when it plays worse than the GameBoy one you have a problem.
--DragonmasterDan

Dicer

Games I played on Nuon

Tempest 3000 (Tempest 2000 is miles and leagues better in every possible way)
Merlin Kart Racing (meh sloppy Kart Racker, Atari Karts is better)
Ballistics (ball puzzle game like that pop cap game Zuma, it's fine)
and piles of half-ass homebrew stuff.

Never got to try
Space invaders
Iron Soldier
Tetris
Freefall

and whatever other random shit is out there.

DragonmasterDan

Ohh.. Lunar Magical School. Interesting choice Joe.

My thoughts on it are that it's short, the encounter rate is high, the scale isn't very epic. But I do like the game a lot. It's short, sweet with great music and a nice whimsical story. I've played through the Saturn version twice and the Game Gear original once. I would have liked to see it translated into English but I can see why even if a Playstation port existed it might not have been a perfect choice.
--DragonmasterDan

seieienbu

I'm a fan of Lunar Magic School myself.  I picked it up right after I finished Lunar 2 thinking it'd most certainly never come stateside and it looks like time proved me right.  It was short and cute and I liked that it didn't have the common "RPG heroes have to save the world!" trope to the extent that most games in the genre have (or perhaps my recollection of the game is a bit off).

A CDi episode would be kinda nice.  I'd really like one that wasn't Hotel Mario and the CDi Zelda games.  Those are the only games that anyone knows about on the platform, surely there's something else?  Anything else that's even at all playable would be pretty obscure and worth a look imo.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

BigusSchmuck

Curious, have you thought of doing a show on world wide releases that never made it to the U.S? Other than Europe and Japan?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/20/2015, 01:52 PMCurious, have you thought of doing a show on world wide releases that never made it to the U.S? Other than Europe and Japan?
There is no such thing. 

In facto doubt Japan and Europe exist even. 

USA USA USA!!!!!!   :dance:

munchiaz

Another great ep. Going to have to check out some of the Mega CD games

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/20/2015, 02:55 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/20/2015, 01:52 PMCurious, have you thought of doing a show on world wide releases that never made it to the U.S? Other than Europe and Japan?
There is no such thing. 

There's a Brazilian master system games that didn't come out in the US, Japan or Europe........

And by that I  mean a handful that came out only in Brazil
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/20/2015, 03:27 PM
There is no such thing. 

There's a Brazilian master system games that didn't come out in the US, Japan or Europe........

IMG

HailingTheThings

The newest ep. of Game Sack was fun, thanks for introducing me to Little Ralph! I totally just bought it on PSN. Yay!

IMG
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/20/2015, 05:22 PMThe newest ep. of Game Sack was fun, thanks for introducing me to Little Ralph! I totally just bought it on PSN. Yay!

IMG
Game Sack.  Introducing people to their "little Ralph".

VenomMacbeth

There is no such thing. 

And at least one mega drive game, if I'm not mistaken...Duke Nukem 3D?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 01/20/2015, 08:01 PM
There is no such thing. 

And at least one mega drive game, if I'm not mistaken...Duke Nukem 3D?
Didn't gamesack talk about that port of DN3D? 

And how bad it was but still impressive on a 16 bit (and a 8 bit verson?). Or something??

Bloufo

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/20/2015, 01:22 PMA CDi episode would be kinda nice.  I'd really like one that wasn't Hotel Mario and the CDi Zelda games.  Those are the only games that anyone knows about on the platform, surely there's something else?  Anything else that's even at all playable would be pretty obscure and worth a look imo.
The CDi received a great port of 7th Guest.
Secret Mission is also a decent adventure type game.
Apprentice gets mentioned a whole lot as one of the better CDi games.
Burn Cycle is common in lists as well.
Mutant Rampage: Bodyslam is a decent brawler.

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/20/2015, 11:10 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 01/20/2015, 01:22 PMA CDi episode would be kinda nice.  I'd really like one that wasn't Hotel Mario and the CDi Zelda games.  Those are the only games that anyone knows about on the platform, surely there's something else?  Anything else that's even at all playable would be pretty obscure and worth a look imo.
The CDi received a great port of 7th Guest.
Secret Mission is also a decent adventure type game.
Apprentice gets mentioned a whole lot as one of the better CDi games.
Burn Cycle is common in lists as well.
Mutant Rampage: Bodyslam is a decent brawler.
If be happy to see those CDi titles. :)

Bloufo

^^

Here ya go  :P

/2gyahbb.jpg

Yeah as an interesting oddity the CDi would make for a decent episode, I think.
Not sure they'd be able to fill 30mins worth of time though.
Maybe they could split it up by covering the Pippin and Marty as well. ;p

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/21/2015, 10:08 AM^^

Here ya go  :P

/2gyahbb.jpg

Yeah as an interesting oddity the CDi would make for a decent episode, I think.
Not sure they'd be able to fill 30mins worth of time though.
Maybe they could split it up by covering the Pippin and Marty as well. ;p
Since the CDi would be a loaner from BMW as would the Nuon I thought Joe had mentioned that would be a combined episode.
--DragonmasterDan

SamIAm

Where is the clamor for a PC-FX episode?