10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

MSR *WILL* be finished, come hell or high water... hell more likely.

Started by OldRover, 08/16/2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/02/2012, 11:38 AMThis is splendid news indeed.
This new is pleasing, but don't forget, there are many guys like you all ovah da wold.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

shubibiman

Great, great news! I hope this wil be released before we publish the Bible PC Engine Vol 2! ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Samurai Ghost

incrediblehark

Excellent news! This has been one roller coaster of a release, but I'm starting to get excited again! As for printing imperfections, that just makes those games MORE RARE!!! Mysterious Song Misprint VGA graded BIN $10,000

Arjak

He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

roflmao

Keranu

OK, I've listened to all the CD tracks on my laptop and everything sounds as it should. Since CrackTiger will be out of town for awhile soon, I've mailed the check discs to Arkhan for further compatibility testing.

They should arrive on Monday and if everything works on his hardware, I'll call Brian to approve the replication process ASAP! So with all said and done, we should still see a release within this month!

I'll be holding the raffle over the weekend! I've decided to let Arkhan keep the "Mysterious Insanity" check disc for now to prevent a future Roy Vegas finasco.

Here's some pics of the check discs:

("Mysterious Insanity")

/547wir.jpg

/cm3r8.jpg

/xer10.jpg

(The REAL Mysterious Song)

/ejzkzn.jpg

/vzgck2.jpg

/awpclw.jpg
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Mathius

Sweet! I love pics of shiny things.

If Mrs. Rove ever has to call Nationwide again please film it for YouTube. :)

Bernie

YAGRS

Excellent. Just sent my Turbo CD off to be fixed so that it (hopefully) will be ready for this.

CrackTiger

"finasco" has been officially added to my vocabulary. Unfortunately, there will be many opportunties to use it. :/
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheClash603

Mysterious Insanity should be saved for a lawsuit, in case they ever dick the community again!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 08/03/2012, 07:04 PM"finasco" has been officially added to my vocabulary. Unfortunately, there will be many opportunties to use it. :/
Coooool, an unintentional buzz word! I knew that looked wrong when I typed it, but now that you mention it I kinda like the sound of it!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 08/03/2012, 07:50 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/03/2012, 07:04 PM"finasco" has been officially added to my vocabulary. Unfortunately, there will be many opportunties to use it. :/
Coooool, an unintentional buzz word! I knew that looked wrong when I typed it, but now that you mention it I kinda like the sound of it!
Haha! I wondered if you meant that intentionally.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/03/2012, 07:13 PMMysterious Insanity should be saved for a lawsuit, in case they ever dick the community again!
I'm actually just going to stick it with the last remaining CCAG copy and the last un-cut CD tray / insert artwork sheet, right next to the fan art from starsoldier1

I should get one of those big frames like people put albums in to show it off on the wall.   It'd look neat that way
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

RegalSin

I am looking foward to playing your videogame. Send me the completed game soon.
IMGIMG

spenoza

OldRover

Yes, RegalSin was part of the second wave of preorders.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

OldRover

I'm spending this weekend making sure that the bonus items are in order... didn't want to go through with all of that until we were sure we were going into production of the finished product. Now that we're sure that we're good to go, the bonus items can be wrapped up too.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

sirhcman

So glad to hear everything was cleared up! I can't wait to play this!!! :)

esteban

Quote from: soop on 08/02/2012, 07:49 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/02/2012, 07:09 AMThat was a great show. Surreal. I should re-watch every episode because I know I must have missed one or two. I hope I missed one or two.

:pcgs:
4 words:  Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy.

takes a while to get going, but it grows on you.  The Adventures of Joey Ramone is a good sketch.  Ahh Joey Ramone.
HOLY MOLY! I never knew about this. I am totally loving all the clips I've watched thus far. THANK YOU :pcgs:

BACK ON TOPIC:

Quote from: OldRover on 08/04/2012, 03:08 PMI'm spending this weekend making sure that the bonus items are in order... didn't want to go through with all of that until we were sure we were going into production of the finished product. Now that we're sure that we're good to go, the bonus items can be wrapped up too.
Yay! I don't want to clutter this thread with garbage, so should I PM to verify that I'll be getting a bonus? :pcgs:

I feel like I recently asked you this, but I honestly can't remember. Forgive me.

Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldRover

I handed orders over to Keranu in late March... if you ordered before then, I can check my records to see if you're in the mix, but if you ordered after that, then the answer's already "no" since we were WAY past 100 orders by then.

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 08/04/2012, 05:37 PMI handed orders over to Keranu in late March... if you ordered before then, I can check my records to see if you're in the mix, but if you ordered after that, then the answer's already "no" since we were WAY past 100 orders by then.
November 15 2009!

Is that early enough?

Keranu

I just checked for ya esteban, you're qualified for the bonus! Order #21 to be exact.
IMG

BlueBMW

Come to think of it, I dont think I ever preordered... Not sure if I should laugh or cry...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

henrycsc

Esteban has me beat, I think I put my order in August 2011.

Good anniversary present.  :)
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

esteban

Quote from: esteban on 08/04/2012, 06:28 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 08/04/2012, 05:37 PMI handed orders over to Keranu in late March... if you ordered before then, I can check my records to see if you're in the mix, but if you ordered after that, then the answer's already "no" since we were WAY past 100 orders by then.
November 15 2009!

Is that early enough?

Thank you, Keranu :pcgs:.

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/05/2012, 12:25 AMEsteban has me beat, I think I put my order in August 2011.

Good anniversary present.  :)
Hahahahhahaha. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. :pcgs:

TheClash603

I am order #4, suckers!

...though it was a convoluted process in getting there.

shubibiman

Mathius

Keranu

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/05/2012, 02:31 PMWho is number one?
I don't know his username on here, but his first name starts with a D and last name begins with an A.

And no, it's not Dumb Ass.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

shubibiman

OldRover

Order #1 is Dalder. He has dibs on the first copy due to an arrangement when he bought the prototypes.

BlueBMW

Are these copies going to be numbered lol.  ZOMG RARZ!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/05/2012, 06:29 PMAre these copies going to be numbered lol.  ZOMG RARZ!
They better be! How am I to make any money off of them???  :P

TheClash603

Quote from: Mathius on 08/05/2012, 08:24 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/05/2012, 06:29 PMAre these copies going to be numbered lol.  ZOMG RARZ!
They better be! How am I to make any money off of them???  :P
Sotheby has been building up they hype on my copy of Insanity the last 12 months.  Chaching!

OldRover

Bernie

I cant wait to see pics of the final product, and send my monies for not 1 but 2 of them bitches!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I hope they aren't numbered, only because MSR doesn't need any more OOMGWTFEWFWF moments when some chucklefuck is selling Copy #1 or #2 for some idiotic amount.

Hope you guys skipped out on polywrap too.   sealed games are for pussies.

henrycsc

All you bitches lose, cause when I sell my insanity, it comes with a life, and a soul.

/arksvictory.jpg

I hope my copy of MSR will also come with a threat on my life.   :wink:
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Keranu

I can number them if ya'll want, and sign or write some crazy threats.

I'm going to hold off on the raffle just awhile longer, I'm waiting for a PM from CrackTiger on the artwork.
IMG

Mathius

Having a personalized copy of Insanity is really cool, so I vote for something similar with MSR. :)

hizaygizirlz

Henry's Insanity is pretty awesome.  Let me know when you list it
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: hizaygizirlz on 08/05/2012, 10:51 PMHenry's Insanity is pretty awesome.  Let me know when you list it
Yeah, mine only has Arkhan's real life alias signature, & it says 1/30 on it.  I can't even remember what the 1/30 means.  Either way, I didn't get any special hand written threats, I feel left out!
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/05/2012, 11:53 PM
Quote from: hizaygizirlz on 08/05/2012, 10:51 PMHenry's Insanity is pretty awesome.  Let me know when you list it
Yeah, mine only has Arkhan's real life alias signature, & it says 1/30 on it.  I can't even remember what the 1/30 means.  Either way, I didn't get any special hand written threats, I feel left out!
The death threat ones were when people bought them after the RoyVegas failfest.   

Your 1/30 means you've got the first preorder copy.   So really, that means yours is worth like 49043409090923408098$

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

esteban

I think a handful of copies of MSR should include a serving of yogurt or pudding.

IMG

Or beer.

Duo_R

Oh man my doesn't have a death threat on it! A little jealous! :)
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq