PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

MSR *WILL* be finished, come hell or high water... hell more likely.

Started by OldRover, 08/16/2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Donation sent.  Hope this is the real deal.  :)

Keranu

Thanks for the donations guys, this helps us a lot!

Also to anyone else donating, please include your PCEFX username in the comments.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Bernie

hmm..  I think I did that.  Least I hope..  lol

Keranu

You're good Bernie, I saw your username in the comments. I figured out BlueBMW's username by his email address.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 07/09/2012, 05:59 PMThe check disc order has been made! They won't ship outside the US, so I'll have to mail it to Black_Tiger myself if he's still interested in testing the disc.

"Hey Keelan,

Great - I will get with billing after lunch and get everything moving here. It takes about 3 business days. Once it's completed I will let you know.

As for shipping to Canada. We do not ship outside the US, so I would have to ship to out to you.

Sincerely,
Brian"

---

And with that said, I will now take donations for the raffle! My Pay Pal ID is keelan_mckenna@yahoo.com, just make sure to indicate it's a donation in the comment box. Any donation amount will qualify for the raffle, so don't feel pressured to donate more than you're comfortable with!
I can definitely test it out if that seems best. I guess it wouldn't spoil the game for anyone. I started work on the artwork for the raffle today. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: VestCunt on 07/09/2012, 06:22 PMDonation sent!

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/09/2012, 04:00 AMexcept the rau-30 is all dumb and Beemler is fixing it.
Did you buy the one I sold to Nat?
no mine is CIBLER FROM JAPAPM
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jlued686

Mathius

I would send a donation if I could afford it at the moment. I have to save my $$ for VGS and the Chicago game stores. Once I get back I'll look into it. :)

VestCunt

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/09/2012, 06:51 PMDonation sent.  If you guys need more let me know.

Quote from: VestCunt on 07/09/2012, 06:22 PMDid you buy the one I sold to Nat?
I did, but unfortunately I have not received any of the things I bought from nat. :(
Yikes! So he's really MIA.
Topic Adjourned.

Keranu

Thanks so much, guys! We've now just broke the halfway point for covering the costs of the check disc! Great work!

Quote from: Mathius on 07/09/2012, 08:24 PMI would send a donation if I could afford it at the moment. I have to save my $$ for VGS and the Chicago game stores. Once I get back I'll look into it. :)
No sweat Mat, we're well aware of your wholehearted support :) .
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2012, 08:28 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/09/2012, 06:51 PMDonation sent.  If you guys need more let me know.

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2012, 06:22 PMDid you buy the one I sold to Nat?
I did, but unfortunately I have not received any of the things I bought from nat. :(
Yikes! So he's really MIA.
I hope he is okay. I am sure Aaron would have said something if there was some kind of emergency involving nat.

Sorry for the off topic post.

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 07/09/2012, 08:33 PMThanks so much, guys! We've now just broke the halfway point for covering the costs of the check disc! Great work!

Quote from: Mathius on 07/09/2012, 08:24 PMI would send a donation if I could afford it at the moment. I have to save my $$ for VGS and the Chicago game stores. Once I get back I'll look into it. :)
No sweat Mat, we're well aware of your wholehearted support :) .
/1258287908044.png

hoobs88

Quote from: Keranu on 07/09/2012, 05:59 PMThe check disc order has been made!
---
And with that said, I will now take donations for the raffle! My Pay Pal ID is keelan_mckenna@yahoo.com, just make sure to indicate it's a donation in the comment box. Any donation amount will qualify for the raffle, so don't feel pressured to donate more than you're comfortable with!
Donation sent!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Keranu

Received and entered into raffle. Thank you!!
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2012, 08:28 PMYikes! So he's really MIA.
He contacted me several months ago (after I had already waited some three or four months for the stuff) and explained why he was not around.  I'd say he's ok, but who knows when he might decide to come back around here.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

It was my idea, so I definitely had to get in on it.

Donation sent!

P.S. - I also offer to donate my penis to any women that need it, for the good of MSR.

PikachuWarrior

what's the donation for exactly? ;p
IMG

Sadler

Bernie

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/10/2012, 02:48 AMwhat's the donation for exactly? ;p
Reading is your friend.

PikachuWarrior

So it's a donation to test the "test version" ? On top of the original cost of $39.99 (if one chooses to) ?
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/10/2012, 04:57 PMSo it's a donation to test the "test version" ? On top of the original cost of $39.99 (if one chooses to) ?
It was never asked by FU for the extra contributions.  These donations are voluntarily submitted by guys looking to help out.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PikachuWarrior

So if I wanted to help out testing that version, I wouldn't be able to without donating? Just seeing, money's tight over here.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/10/2012, 05:22 PMSo if I wanted to help out testing that version, I wouldn't be able to without donating? Just seeing, money's tight over here.
The donations are to raise funds for the test-disc master from the pressing house.  Upon donating, you are entered into a raffle.

The winner of the raffle gets the disc.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PikachuWarrior

Oh okay, I thought the test disc was already made. Makes sense. Sorry for the confusion!
IMG

Keranu

Ya, what they said. ^

Thanks to all your generous donations, we've covered the cost for the check disc (in under 24 hours, amazing)! The Turbo/PCE community has to be the most loyal, supportive, and downright coolest out there in the retro gaming scene!

There are currently 10 users entered into the raffle. Should I keep the raffle going until the disc arrives?
IMG

Bernie

Totally up to you man.  :)

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 07/10/2012, 06:51 PMYa, what they said. ^

Thanks to all your generous donations, we've covered the cost for the check disc (in under 24 hours, amazing)! The Turbo/PCE community has to be the most loyal, supportive, and downright coolest out there in the retro gaming scene!

There are currently 10 users entered into the raffle. Should I keep the raffle going until the disc arrives?
I want a shot at it! I already have the MSR and Jungle Bros. MGC discs. I need the complete set.  :P

Keranu

I'll keep it going longer for 'ya, want to hear other people's opinions for the raffle deadline.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 07/10/2012, 11:16 PMI'll keep it going longer for 'ya, want to hear other people's opinions for the raffle deadline.
I was only being half serious. Whatever the majority decides then that will be fine by me. :)

mrhaboobi

donation sent, i know you already covered you costs, but every artist needs some drinking money ;)  or at least some money for a future project.. hoping your chcek disk works!!
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

OldRover

Thanks everyone for helping with this. :) You guys are the best. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

MotherGunner

No THANK YOU Rover for NOT being impossibly emo during these roadblocks...

(To paraphrase) "I'm DONE! NEVER AGAIN!  *TEARS* *Slams Door*" - Rover

:P
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

VestCunt

Quote from: Keranu on 07/10/2012, 11:16 PMI'll keep it going longer for 'ya, want to hear other people's opinions for the raffle deadline.
Could the additional donations be put toward any other expenses/bonus materials/advertising? If so, keep it open. If not, wind her down before it turns into a lottery.
Topic Adjourned.

Keranu

Thanks to everyone who has recently donated!

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2012, 01:02 PM
Could the additional donations be put toward any other expenses/bonus materials/advertising? If so, keep it open. If not, wind her down before it turns into a lottery.
Yeah I don't want this to get too big either and keep receiving money we no longer need. We might still have some pre-order bonus material to cover, other than that we don't have anything that needs funding at the moment.
IMG

Keranu

OK tell you what, I have 13 people entered into the raffle currently. I'll accept two more contestants into the raffle + Mathius, since I know he wants in on this so bad. Unless you guys think there should be more, then I'll extend it.

Please keep the donations small at this point, even 1 cent will qualify for the raffle!
IMG

OldMan

QuoteI'll accept two more contestants into the raffle + Mathius...
QuotePlease keep the donations small at this point, even 1 cent will qualify for the raffle!
Leave the raffle open until you have the disc, and it's been checked. Once you are clear for pressing, then raffle the disc off. I would have a minimum contribution, with # of entries you get based on multiples of that amount, so no one feels short-changed.

Take all the donations you can get, in case Rover changes his mind and decides to get Jungle Bros. pressed.
Or, use the extra money to fund some other projects here. (We really need cd trays for the AbCards).

Bernie

I like that idea Old Man.

Arkhan Asylum

NecroPhile

+1 on OldMan's suggestion.  Screw the 1 cent donations just to enter the raffle - either really try to help or just be quiet.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jlued686

Quote from: TheOldMan on 07/11/2012, 02:24 PMTake all the donations you can get, in case Rover changes his mind and decides to get Jungle Bros. pressed.
He's not planning on getting it pressed? That's a shame! Kickstarter!

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2012, 04:38 PM
Quote from: TheOldMan on 07/11/2012, 02:24 PMTake all the donations you can get, in case Rover changes his mind and decides to get Jungle Bros. pressed.
He's not planning on getting it pressed? That's a shame! Kickstarter!
I concur.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

VestCunt

Old Man has a tendency to make sense.
Topic Adjourned.

shubibiman

Am I too late for the raffle?
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 07/11/2012, 02:05 PMOK tell you what, I have 13 people entered into the raffle currently. I'll accept two more contestants into the raffle + Mathius, since I know he wants in on this so bad. Unless you guys think there should be more, then I'll extend it.

Please keep the donations small at this point, even 1 cent will qualify for the raffle!
Don't feel right being entered without donating. Here is a Lincoln. :)

Keranu

Thanks, Mat! You could've waited to donate, I was gonna take your word for it ;) .

Quote from: TheOldMan on 07/11/2012, 02:24 PM
QuoteI'll accept two more contestants into the raffle + Mathius...
QuotePlease keep the donations small at this point, even 1 cent will qualify for the raffle!
Leave the raffle open until you have the disc, and it's been checked. Once you are clear for pressing, then raffle the disc off. I would have a minimum contribution, with # of entries you get based on multiples of that amount, so no one feels short-changed.

Take all the donations you can get, in case Rover changes his mind and decides to get Jungle Bros. pressed.
Or, use the extra money to fund some other projects here. (We really need cd trays for the AbCards).
I'd love to send the extra money to fund your CD trays. What exactly do you mean by "with # of entries you get based on multiples by that amount"?

Currently up to $211 in funds!
IMG

OldMan

QuoteHe's not planning on getting it pressed? That's a shame!
My understanding was he was planning on going AbCard with Jungle Bros., once we get it all straightened out.
He has said he would never do another RPG, though. I honestly don't know about another CD release.

QuoteWhat exactly do you mean by "with # of entries you get based on multiples by that amount"?
Let's assume the minimum donation is $5. So, if you donate $5, you get 1 entry. Donate $10, get 2 entries. And so on. That allows the people who really, really want to have it to get more chances.

(Though I would also set a maximum to the number of entries you can get, to keep someone from trying to 'buy' the raffle. I would also have any donation guarantee at least 1 entry, so no one feels left out. )

QuoteCurrently up to $211 in funds!
Good. That's part ways to a second check disc, if the first one is screwed <crosses fingers>
Or some money towards cd trays, if things work out right....But you would have to discuss that with the HuCard case guy. (I can't remember how he spells his name. is it seymore_onion? )

And just to be totally honest, keep in mind Aetherbutt has an interest in seeing all of these things done. Once MSR is pressed, Pyramid Plunder won't be far behind. Any profits from that will probably be plowed into geting the final  AbCards working. Once that happens, we're gonna be looking at getting trays and slip covers for them. So everyone knows, it's not just because we're nice guys.
We're just too broke to do it all ourselves.. <sigh>

OldRover

Quote from: TheOldMan on 07/11/2012, 08:29 PMMy understanding was he was planning on going AbCard with Jungle Bros., once we get it all straightened out.
No... I said it would have been better on card; it's still gonna be on CD, we just have to make some adjustments.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Keranu

Quote from: TheOldMan on 07/11/2012, 08:29 PMLet's assume the minimum donation is $5. So, if you donate $5, you get 1 entry. Donate $10, get 2 entries. And so on. That allows the people who really, really want to have it to get more chances.

(Though I would also set a maximum to the number of entries you can get, to keep someone from trying to 'buy' the raffle. I would also have any donation guarantee at least 1 entry, so no one feels left out. )
That sounds good, how about $5 minimum (from here on out) with a max of 5 entries per person? Currently 14 people in the raffle... maybe a max of 30 contestants.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: OldRover on 07/11/2012, 10:37 PM
Quote from: TheOldMan on 07/11/2012, 08:29 PMMy understanding was he was planning on going AbCard with Jungle Bros., once we get it all straightened out.
No... I said it would have been better on card; it's still gonna be on CD, we just have to make some adjustments.
Gah, thank goodness!  I was about to have a heart attack, over 1 1/2 years of working on the soundtrack, down the drain!  8-[
IMG