10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Ultimate Freebie: US Turbo Duo - OVER! FINAL WINNER CHOSEN! HERE IT IS!!

Started by BlueBMW, 10/26/2011, 10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

OK HERE'S the BIG WINNER!!!

/DuoRaff2.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :dance: =D> =D> =D> :dance: :dance: :dance: =D> =D> =D> :dance: :dance: :dance: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:dance: :dance: =D> Congratulations are in order for none other than Lilgrafx!!!!! You'll be playin Turbo Duo by Christmas!!!   :dance: :dance:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :dance: =D> =D> =D> :dance: :dance: :dance: =D> =D> =D> :dance: :dance: :dance: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to those who didn't win, but I'm sure more raffles will come in the future!

ITS OVER!

First I took all the names and randomized them.  Then I took the top 8 and did a second drawing.  Think of the first drawing as a semi final... more suspense!  I'll post the first list now, so you all can know who the top 8 are... then In about an hour or so I'll post the second drawing.  The name at the top of the list of the second drawing is the winner!

So here's the semi finals list:

/DuoRaff1.jpg

COME BACK IN ONE HOUR FOR THE FINAL DRAWING FOR THE BIG WINNER!!

Ok folks, I've talked about it, I've hinted at it, I've been wanting to do it, so here it is....

The Ultimate freebie raffle!!!

Some lucky person will get a FREE US Turbo Duo system!

The system has had a full capacitor change and laser replacement.  It can be region modded if the winner so chooses.

RULES:
Rule #1: The winner of said item will be asked to not sell this item on ebay.  While I can't enforce this, we'll just have to trust you.  If you decide it must go, please offer it up on the forum for a reasonable forum price.

Rule #2: If you own a working Super CD capable system, I'd ask you to refrain from entry unless you just really really really want a US duo for nostalgic reasons.  My goal is that this would go to someone without a good working Super CD capable system.

Optional Rule #3: If you own a broken CD system of some sort and wish to enter, I'd ask that if you win the raffle, you would consider donating your old broken system to me so I can fix it and re-raffle it off to someone else.  Not required, but encouraged.

I will close the raffle to new entries Friday December 16th at 11:59PM  A winner will be drawn the next day most likely.  I will try and make it a youtube video instead of just a pic.  The hope is that the winner will be able to receive the Duo right before Christmas.  Yes it will be gift wrapped by me!  Also, anyone can enter from anywhere in the world.

List of Entrants:

allyourblood
bartre
BigT
BigusSchmuck
Bloody Wolf
blueraven
bust3dstr8
c0ldb33r
csgx1
DamonPlus
Dreamstate
DynamiteSJ
edojapan76
emu002
farankoshan
Fatality
finerion
fire1000
Firebomber7/Breetai
Flare65
GameFreak
gorgyrip
LameKat
lastcallhall
Lilgrafx
marktheshark
MasonSushi
mathius
Mishran
motdelbourt
MotherGunner
mrhaboobi
Neo Rasa
neoxeno
Pran
Retrocool
roflmao
Ryglore
Senshi
SMF
syphic
T2KFreeker
tbsjordan
tggodfrey
TheBardsSong
Trevpwnsduos
TurboExpressFan
Windy

Ok here's a pic of the unit!

/UltFreebie.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

mrhaboobi

I'll put my name in for this, its my mums 60th today and i'll be ringing her tonight ( shes in aussie, im in NZ ) so will be passing on my bday wishes and love..  Thsi is an awesome prize :)

Can i ask a question about the F ebay club, i would love to know just how many who join that club still use ebay under another name, or still use ebay to buy, im open and honest in that i buy from ebay, and i even sell stuff on ebay ( not TG stuff of recent )..  i wonder if all people in that club really dont use ebay ;)  

Also with the donations, i know on some forums that only certain things can be done by paid members, and there are even sections of the site you need membership to access, might even be to a section of the site that offers these types of exceptional items..  id be happy to donate..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

neoxeno

I'm still looking for one so I'm in.

Proud member of the F@ck ebay club :)
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/26/2011, 10:35 PMI'll put my name in for this, its my mums 60th today and i'll be ringing her tonight ( shes in aussie, im in NZ ) so will be passing on my bday wishes and love..  Thsi is an awesome prize :)

Can i ask a question about the F ebay club, i would love to know just how many who join that club still use ebay under another name, or still use ebay to buy, im open and honest in that i buy from ebay, and i even sell stuff on ebay ( not TG stuff of recent )..  i wonder if all people in that club really dont use ebay ;)
Its not about not using ebay at all, its just about not gouging when selling and not overpaying when buying as it pertains to the Turbo / PCE stuff we all love.  We dont want to be a part of the rapid inflation of turbo goods that seems to stem from sales on ebay.  I myself still use ebay, even for turbo stuff when its at a fair price, so its not about quitting ebay altogether.  Its more about using ebay responsibly and reasonably.  

Here's a link to the F' Ebay thread...
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=8375.0
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

sirhcman

I think I can speak for everyone and say you are da man beemer! Hope this duo and dracula x go to a great home!! =D&gt;

Yet another reason I am happy that I was able to find such a great gaming community!  :D

nectarsis

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/26/2011, 10:35 PMCan i ask a question about the F ebay club, i would love to know just how many who join that club still use ebay under another name, or still use ebay to buy, im open and honest in that i buy from ebay, and i even sell stuff on ebay ( not TG stuff of recent )..  i wonder if all people in that club really dont use ebay ;)
Many of us still use Ebay...not using Ebay isn't really the point of the club.   Not overspending when buying , gouging, selling here rather than ebay, etc. is.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

mrhaboobi

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/26/2011, 10:38 PM
Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/26/2011, 10:35 PMI'll put my name in for this, its my mums 60th today and i'll be ringing her tonight ( shes in aussie, im in NZ ) so will be passing on my bday wishes and love..  Thsi is an awesome prize :)

Can i ask a question about the F ebay club, i would love to know just how many who join that club still use ebay under another name, or still use ebay to buy, im open and honest in that i buy from ebay, and i even sell stuff on ebay ( not TG stuff of recent )..  i wonder if all people in that club really dont use ebay ;) 
Its not about not using ebay at all, its just about not gouging when selling and not overpaying when buying as it pertains to the Turbo / PCE stuff we all love.  We dont want to be a part of the rapid inflation of turbo goods that seems to stem from sales on ebay.  I myself still use ebay, even for turbo stuff when its at a fair price, so its not about quitting ebay altogether.  Its more about using ebay responsibly and reasonably.  One sec and I'll link the thread on it.
Well then i completely missed the point of the club :)  and yes i agree im not interested in hiking up prices, perhaps it is a club i should join. ;)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

Alydnes Super Grafx

bartre

OOOOHHHHH SNAAAAAP!
I'm so in, provided that's okay.
I have yet to win a raffle, so here's hoping!
but if it's not me, I hope it can go to someone who deserves/will use it.

Mathius

....after regaining concessness I believe that I must enter this raffle!

SMF

DUDE ADD ME, My Duo has sound issues and it would be nice to play a working Duo without hearing the sound go in and out. Also would be a bonus if I won to pay the extra to get it Modded.

Just called my mom love her :-) If I win this I will be happy to give mine away as it does need fixed but I'm too cheap lol.

Thanks you the man. I LOVE YOU ALL LONG LIVE THE DUO.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

BlueBMW

Quote from: SMF on 10/26/2011, 11:06 PMDUDE ADD ME, My Duo has sound issues and it would be nice to play a working Duo without hearing the sound go in and out. Also would be a bonus if I won to pay the extra to get it Modded.

Just called my mom love her :-) If I win this I will be happy to give mine away as it does need fixed but I'm too cheap lol.

There are a few of us who can fix that duo :P

PunkCryborg

Can I be on the list for the drac X if the winner already has it? I already have a duo. I can't believe I've never played it.....

farankoshan

"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot fuck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

"I'll stop the Alpha Zones and melt with you."
- farankoshan

BlueBMW

Quote from: elabit on 10/26/2011, 11:11 PMCan I be on the list for the drac X if the winner already has it? I already have a duo. I can't believe I've never played it.....
We'll see what happens.  If the winner already has it or isnt an f'ebay member I'll do a separate raffle for it at that time.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

TrûMisery

Wow... now that's what I call a raffle! Good luck to everyone who enters!  I have 2 working Duos... so I don't want to take it away from anyone who does not own one nor do I want to break the rules of the raffle...

Good luck everyone!
There are only 2 races on this planet... the Intelligent and the Stupid...

allyourblood

Awesome, BlueBMW. Super, crazy-generous of you! I'd love to own a CD system that actually works!  :lol:

Please count me in!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

farankoshan

Just cheered my best friend up. She's been down and out the past few days. She feels she's going through a quarter-life crisis & I helped her out with not getting so caught up with the label & reminded her of what makes her truly shine..

"...don't look at it that way, bud. :) To tell you the truth, that may be a label most people cling on to and give much more meaning to than it actually holds; you've had crises before (lots of 'em! Breakups, losses, shattered dreams, tensions in the family) and you got through them, bested them & came away more beautiful. And never once did we attach any "___-life crisis" label to them. Why? Because problems arise everywhere & every day. :) ...Life spots will always be a factor, but the life you lead is still led by the choices you make, when & how you make them. Life spots are never a hindrance, an invitation, nor an excuse. They're simply contexts. Most people I admire, gravitate towards & am inspired by are the people I recognize by their day-to-day life paths, rather than by their ages. And you, are definitely one of them."

I think I hit home with this one, 'coz she's smiling now. :)
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot fuck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

"I'll stop the Alpha Zones and melt with you."
- farankoshan

Sparky

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/26/2011, 10:39 PMWell then i completely missed the point of the club :)  and yes i agree im not interested in hiking up prices, perhaps it is a club i should join. ;)
Ya add that wink at the end of your post as you know you wont qualify as a member... you support the high end of tg16 spending... <<see latest US Magical Chase sale>>

that said, nice beams... not entering but hell of a give away <<claps hands>>

mrhaboobi

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2011, 02:00 AM
Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/26/2011, 10:39 PMWell then i completely missed the point of the club :)  and yes i agree im not interested in hiking up prices, perhaps it is a club i should join. ;)
Ya add that wink at the end of your post as you know you wont qualify as a member... you support the high end of tg16 spending... <<see latest US Magical Chase sale>>
Ahh sparky if only you knew how little i spend.. nuff said, i dont want to spoil blues awesome thread
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

SignOfZeta

Since I already have multiple PCE CD systems and Drac X I can't honestly enter this (what would I do with this awesome stuff?) but obviously I'm really impressed. Awesome giveaway.

Nothing says "Eat dick, Digital Press" like $300 worth of free shit!
IMG

roflmao

Wow, Blue!  What an unbelievable raffle!  Please sign me up.  I'm a proud F Ebay member and told my Mom I loved her today. :P

Mishran

I'll take a stab at this. I've never won anything I didn't have to work for (hoob88's 6 button pad) so I have a 99.999% chance of not winning this anyway. :P If in the .001% chance I do get it, please send Drac X to another F-eBay member. You guys are awesome and Beamer, you da man! :dance:

munchiaz

this is so awesome. I currently own a pc duo-r that is modded some i really dont have a need for this, although it would be awesome for collecting reasons. I don't feel it to be fair for me to enter based on that. However i do need a copy of drac X, so if theres anything you can do to work that out please let me know. Again. This is really awesome of you, and hope it goes to someone who will really plasy and enjoy it, like i do my pc duo-r that i got a month ago

finerion

Wow, this is such an awesome raffle. You are incredibly generous BlueBMW. Please count me in as I would love to have a chance to play the Y's Books I&II disc I got from Secret Santa last year. :)
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

Senshi

Bimmer, this is really great of you. Please enter me in.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

NecroPhile

Another fine giveaway!  +20 TurbobKarmas for Bimmer!

I won't be entering (I've two Duos already and love is for suckers), but best of luck to y'all.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MasonSushi

Arkhan Asylum

Count me in!

Wait if I have a duo-r, does this mean I am ineligeiaebelrbelre
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sparky

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/27/2011, 03:43 AMAhh sparky if only you knew how little i spend.. nuff said, i dont want to spoil blues awesome thread
ok, but just one more question? You do not have a Duo already?

Arjak

Wow! It's times like this that I feel proud to be a member here! I cannot enter, as I already own a Duo-RX, but I fully support this raffle; especially because I've never seen such kindness on the internet before in my life! Good luck, everyone!
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

thrush

Freaking cool raffle; good for you!  (Cannot enter, but wanted to show my appreciation nonetheless.)

SMF

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/26/2011, 11:11 PM
Quote from: SMF on 10/26/2011, 11:06 PMDUDE ADD ME, My Duo has sound issues and it would be nice to play a working Duo without hearing the sound go in and out. Also would be a bonus if I won to pay the extra to get it Modded.

There are a few of us who can fix that duo :P
That would be awesome if I could get someone to fix my sound on my duo. That way I wouldn't take away from someone that needs 1. Just iffy about sending off my system tho.

mrhaboobi

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2011, 01:25 PM
Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/27/2011, 03:43 AMAhh sparky if only you knew how little i spend.. nuff said, i dont want to spoil blues awesome thread
yes, i have a non working duo.. are you happy now... Its got a lovely box, and a nice controller, but it doesnt work properly. If you have more questions send me a PM.

Blue.. please remove me, i'd hate to think how many questions sparky would ask me if i won , plus shipping would cost me more than i can afford right now.. great raffle though..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

BlueBMW

How can so many of you have broken duos?? You know there are peeps here who can fix them and at a good price too!

roflmao

Quote from: SMF on 10/27/2011, 03:35 PMJust iffy about sending off my system tho.
I sent my Express to Blue awhile back for a cap replacement and it was returned to me in better shape than it's ever been in.  I know there are a few others here on the forums that do repairs and I've heard nothing but praise for all of them.  I intend on sending out my TG16 console for a region mod once I've got a little more breathing room spending-wise (probably after the holidays - I have a diving board converter and a few chopsados so it's not a necessity, but sure would be convenient).

mrhaboobi

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/27/2011, 05:22 PMHow can so many of you have broken duos?? You know there are peeps here who can fix them and at a good price too!
International shipping two ways tends to make it not so cheap :(
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

BlueBMW

NecroPhile

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/27/2011, 05:27 PMInternational shipping two ways tends to make it not so cheap :(
But is it more expensive than a new Duo or the cost to your sanity while you're deprived of OBEY?!?

mrhaboobi

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/27/2011, 05:31 PMWhere are you located?
New Zealand, it would end up costing over 100 USA for postage , I've looked into it previously , I'm fairly handy with a soldering iron so may one day fix it myself, for now to get my fix I'll use an emu :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

SMF

Mine is just a sound issue, I've gotten use to it you can say. I would be more then willing to send it to someone that I can trust on here. Cd works and card slot works its just one of those things that I'm meaning to do.

Sparky

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/27/2011, 03:41 PM
yes, i have a non working duo.. are you happy now... Its got a lovely box, and a nice controller, but it doesnt work properly. If you have more questions send me a PM.

Blue.. please remove me, i'd hate to think how many questions sparky would ask me if i won , plus shipping would cost me more than i can afford right now.. great raffle though..
Wish you would quit editing your post!!!... You asked if i had a problem with you?

Ummm... ya I had a problem with you long time back on digitpress... I was new at the time, and I got treated that way by ya but no big deal.

I just asked if you had a duo man, as it was hard to believe i guy like you who is only after mint stuff would need one <<shrugs>>
But Wow, you even hit the ignore button on me for asking that?.. whatever man....

NecroPhile

mrhaboobi

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2011, 05:54 PM
Quote from: mrhaboobi on 10/27/2011, 03:41 PM

Wish you would quit editing your post!!!... You asked if i had a problem with you?

Ummm... ya I had a problem with you long time back on digitpress... I was new at the time, and I got treated that way by ya but no big deal.

I just asked if you had a duo man, as it was hard to believe i guy like you who is only after mint stuff would need one <<shrugs>>
But Wow, you even hit the ignore button on me for asking that?.. whatever man....

I edited my post because I didn't want to pollute this thread, as for your dp issue, not sure what you mean, I remember buying labels from you there with no issue and offering help on which games had boxes and which had French inserts etc, so forgive if I don't know what you are referring to, if u have a post then by all means send it to me so I can see what you mean and if I was out of line then I apologies, I don't wish to have any personal issues with any of the forum members, I was keen on buy your recent inserts but haven't asked as I figured you had an issue and might say no.  And i think you need to revise you comment on the ignore button, i didnt hit it!.
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

Sparky

sorry for all this beamer.. i will PM you mr.haboobi, if you were here more often you would see i replyed in my insert thread to PM me.
So lets grab our purses and head indoors :P

Lilgrafx

Please add me Beamer!! I'm in high school and don't have a whole lot of money, so I never though I'd get a get a Duo. I'm so happy I've gotta chance to win one now! BTW I tell my Mom I love her everyday, today was no exception  :) .

Trevpwnsnoobs

(20:45:58) Tatsujin: WARNING! WARNING! A HUGE OBEYANCE "PC ENGINE" IS APPROACHING FAST!

GohanX