RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

FS: US Magical Chase Box + other boxes for trade

Started by geddon_jt, 01/15/2012, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csgx1

Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/19/2012, 11:24 PMAre people really this upset over the price he's offering the Magical Chase box for?
Price is just partially why I'm upset.  He can ask what ever price he wants, but it's the way he came about doing it that really sets me off. :evil:  Posting a long winded spiel about not gouging and wanting to offer it here first and then thinks he's doing the whole pcefx community a favor by asking a ridiculous price.

MotherGunner

Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/19/2012, 11:45 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/19/2012, 11:28 PMROFL, I REFERENCED your name not because I was butthurt but because some newb was using your purchase as what is the norm.
What is the "norm"?
Before this Thibaut stunt the "norm" was hovering around the $400-$500 mark which was still high, but not "weed" high.

Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/19/2012, 11:45 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/19/2012, 11:28 PMRead it again guy...  I could give a shit.  *smh*
Not really convinced, sorry.
Umm..whoa there.  Had this weird feeling rush through me.  For a moment I actually thought I gave a shit...  lol
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Dyna138

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/19/2012, 11:53 PMBefore this Thibaut stunt the "norm" was hovering around the $400-$500 mark which was still high, but not "weed" high.
Eh? for a complete, mint copy?

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/19/2012, 11:53 PMUmm..whoa there.  Had this weird feeling rush through me.  For a moment I actually thought I gave a shit...  lol
zzzzzzzzz

MotherGunner

-MG

Dyna138

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/20/2012, 12:01 AMYes.
Any links to back that up? When I bought mine is was $500 card only so I don't know how far back your reaching.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/19/2012, 11:45 PMIf someone wants to be vocal against someone's prices whatever, but calling people "dick" or "shit" is taking things a little too far. There's no need to stoop to those immature levels on a classic gaming forum where you'd think most if not all posters are adults.
lol, in PCE land, you're either with us, or you are dickshit!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

No links.  Seriously, the other guys here can corroborate it or correct me.  It's what I remember.

Either way I don't care...  I don't need convincing.
-MG

Sadler

Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/19/2012, 11:24 PMThe anger and name calling in this thread is really disturbing...is this really a mature gaming community forum or some schoolyard full of kids? Are people really this upset over the price he's offering the Magical Chase box for? No one is forcing any of you to buy anything from him so why get so upset? I'm not gonna justify his price for just the box, but Magical Chase is a rare game and the box is probably the hardest part to find for a complete copy. That might not mean anything to some of you but for collectors a lot of people are looking for it. Personally I would never pay that for just the box, but it's his property and he can charge what he wants for it. Its up to people to decide if they wanna pay that price for it and its really none of anyone's business who buys it and for what price. If you do don't like what he's offering just say no thanks and move along. Obviously if no one pays the amount he's asking for on here or ebay he'll lower the price.

Honestly I don't really care one way or the other, I've never had any problems with anyone on this forum, but since my names been brought up by someone who seems butt hurt over something I thought I'd give my 2 cents.
I know this isn't going to win me any friends, but for the most part I agree with this. Again, I wouldn't pay $1250 for a box. I wouldn't pay $125 for a box either. The guy was straight up though, he said clearly he wanted a shit ton of money, and that's exactly what he asked for.

blueraven

Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/20/2012, 12:05 AM
Any links to back that up? When I bought mine is was $500 card only so I don't know how far back your reaching.
you paid $500 for it loose? Wow.

That's like a house payment.

MotherGunner

Quote from: guest on 01/20/2012, 12:09 AM
Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/19/2012, 11:45 PMIf someone wants to be vocal against someone's prices whatever, but calling people "dick" or "shit" is taking things a little too far. There's no need to stoop to those immature levels on a classic gaming forum where you'd think most if not all posters are adults.
lol, in PCE land, you're either with us, or you are dickshit!
or Orange-Flavored Motherf**kers...
-MG

TheClash603

I don't come on the site for 2 days and the place blows up....

I will say I was expecting the box to be offered in the $500 range, and the $1,250 was pretty shocking.  Even if we are using ebay as the price setter, this doesn't make any sense?

If the last complete Magical Chase sold for $2,000, and if the loose game sells for $800...   figure the manual must be worth...  $400?  So logic would dictate that even at ebay prices the box is $800?  Keep in mind, on ebay the seller is paying a 15% fee, so then the true net profit in selling the box is $680?  The nice guy first post made me think that you'd be giving the forum a bit of a discount, which should've maxed out your offer at about $600, again, this is using the already crazy ebay prices as a metric.

So in the end...  this is pretty fucked and it really doesn't make any sense.  Unless, you assume that the price of the game has appreciated 100% over the last 3 months since the last copy sold?  How come when I watch Kramer he doesn't tell me to invest in Magical Chase, it seems like treasuries are hardly the safest investment and gold can't even appreciate at this rate.

MotherGunner

Quote from: blueraven on 01/20/2012, 12:13 AM
you paid $500 for it loose? Wow.

That's like a house payment.
No he didn't say he paid $500 he said that's what they were going for at the time he bought his.  He paid Thibaut's asking price of (around) $1700.  WTF ever...but more power to him.  He just can't read what I said.
-MG

drsreym

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/20/2012, 12:16 AMfigure the manual must be worth...  $400? 
up until the early to mid 2000's you could order the manual from tzd.com for $3. so that's a price increase of 13,000.00% from the old price. Kramer should have recommended the manual. talk about a nasty price there.

TheClash603

Quote from: drsreym on 01/20/2012, 12:26 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/20/2012, 12:16 AMfigure the manual must be worth...  $400? 
up until the early to mid 2000's you could order the manual from tzd.com for $3. so that's a price increase of 13,000.00% from the old price. Kramer should have recommended the manual. talk about a nasty price there.
Who is this guy?

I spend a little bit more money on games than I should, and generally I am a little bit more accepting of higher prices than most...  but it seems that rather than posting here you'd benefit more by jerking off and looking at pictures of money?

futureman2000

SignOfZeta

Quote from: csgx1 on 01/19/2012, 11:51 PM
Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/19/2012, 11:24 PMAre people really this upset over the price he's offering the Magical Chase box for?
Price is just partially why I'm upset.  He can ask what ever price he wants, but it's the way he came about doing it that really sets me off. :evil:  Posting a long winded spiel about not gouging and wanting to offer it here first and then thinks he's doing the whole pcefx community a favor by asking a ridiculous price.
No kidding. At first he seemed like he was all, "This is a great community. I want to give you guys first crack at this box." but he was really just giving us first crack at PAYING MORE FOR A FUCKING MC BOX THAT ANYONE HAS EVER PAID IN HISTORY. Wow, that's a lot, man! Its not every day we get offers like this. What a pal!

He only didn't want to go to eBay because he didn't want to pay the sellers fees, which is pretty fucking cheeeeeeeeap considering how much profit is being made here.
IMG

alexsduo

Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
Never place friendship above profit.
A wise man can hear profit in the wind.
Nothing is more important than your health--except for your money.
Profit is its own reward.
The riskier the road, the greater the profit.
The flimsier the product, the higher the price.
The justification for profit is profit.
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

geise

Hey geddon_jt!  You knew this sort of thing was going to happen here.  You could tell with your first post, but yet you figured you'd try anyways.  It also seems that you have been over at the neo-geo.com froums for forever.  I also see Tonk is in your friends list.  That's great!  Here's a question.  If you have an AES Metal Slug game in complete condition but just want to sell the case for...lets say...$1500 (oh cause it's such a "rare item) how do you think the lovely community over there would react to it...especially Tonk?  You'd probably get reamed worse over there by your loving community.  Just go to ebay, put a BIN up for your box and have a nice day.

nectarsis

Nat paid like $165(ish) for a huey+manual not 2-3 years ago..FROM EBAY.  So you honestly think the box alone is worth so much more by itself?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

Once Aetherbyte secures this hucard technology better,

I think we should make a community reprint of Magical Chase.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 01/20/2012, 10:56 AMOnce Aetherbutt secures this hucard technology better,

I think we should make a community reprint of Magical Chase.
And Bonk 3. ^^ and whatever "rare" hucards out there. :P

Opethian

you probably mean Bonk 3 CD ?the card isnt really 'rare'
IMG

bust3dstr8

$500 for a box is "WTF are fucking kidding me money :lol:"....but if the OP offered it up at that he would
of been as cool as a penquin's turd with the forums.

$1200 for a box is "WTF are fucking kidding me money :lol:"  The OP offered it up at that and now he is the
forum whipping post.

I don't really see I difference here...but that's me I guess.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: drsreym on 01/19/2012, 07:52 PMThe idea behind the sale is for one of us to take one of our loose copy and make it complete. Loose copies go for $500-$800 while the complete copies go for $1700-$2000+.
True, that's what it goes for on eBay.  You'll notice that this is not eBay.

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/19/2012, 11:29 PMIt has been noted for ages that if you want Ebay prices, GO TO EBAY.
Amen, my brother!  Preach on, preach on!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: geise on 01/20/2012, 09:51 AMHey geddon_jt!  You knew this sort of thing was going to happen here.  You could tell with your first post, but yet you figured you'd try anyways.  It also seems that you have been over at the neo-geo.com froums for forever.  I also see Tonk is in your friends list.  That's great!  Here's a question.  If you have an AES Metal Slug game in complete condition but just want to sell the case for...lets say...$1500 (oh cause it's such a "rare item) how do you think the lovely community over there would react to it...especially Tonk?  You'd probably get reamed worse over there by your loving community.  Just go to ebay, put a BIN up for your box and have a nice day.
To be fair, this isn't really a good analogy. Loose Neo Geo games don't come up for sale very often. The only ones I usually see are the ones that came in cardboard boxes in Japan only for the first year. When someone is selling an AES game they don't even bother to specify "complete" since its assumed that it was adult owned its entire life and since the cases are so nice, who (aside from NGF) would ever thrown one away or accidentally damage it?

Its probably not unrealistic to say that most copies of US MC are loose at this point, making the box much more rare than the game.
IMG

VestCunt

Take a look at geddon_jt's post history:  https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=4096;sa=showPosts

From his first post in 2008, all this guy has ever done is scrounge around for his precious collection.  He's never argued with us about graphics, debated system specs, shouted at someone in Fighting Street, or asked for game play advice...nope, just "c'mon guys! help me complete my collection!"

He's caught flak for price gouging before and he's a ryovegas sympathizer.

Great guy.
Topic Adjourned.

SuperPlay

At $12.50 I will take it ........... what was that $1250 you say, Cough!!!! are you sure that the decimal point is not in the wrong position ;-)

JapanTokei

wow i just saw this.  insane.  come on... 1250?  fock that

hoobs88

I wonder why the OP hasn't responded to the last few pages of this thread?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

VestCunt

The fuss about the amount he's asking is missing the point - speculators like to charge insane prices and sometimes they even get them.    But why not go straight to ebay?  The lip service to the community combined with the premium price, the 2% paypal fee, and "please-don't-bitch-at-me" preamble adds up to a steaming pile.  The undisclosed price/PM system wad doomed to fail and Geddon should have known better.

Take it to ebay and suck up the fees.  Stay out of our world and we'll stay out of yours.
Topic Adjourned.

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2012, 01:01 PMThe fuss about the amount he's asking is missing the point - speculators like to charge insane prices and sometimes they even get them.    But why not go straight to ebay?  The lip service to the community combined with the premium price, the 2% paypal fee, and "please-don't-bitch-at-me" preamble adds up to a steaming pile.  The undisclosed price/PM system wad doomed to fail and Geddon should have known better.

Take it to ebay and suck up the fees.  Stay out of our world and we'll stay out of yours.
Maybe in my angry posts, I actually forgot to add that.  But yes, this is why it pissed me off so bad.  If I had seen it on Ebay, we all laugh and point and say, "What a moron!".  But, he tried to be sneaky here with his intentions.  So, yeah, you hit it on the head vestcunt.  :)

Arkhan Asylum

WHOAAA BLACK BETTY

BAMALAMA

WHOAAA BLACK BETTY
BAMA LAMA

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 01/20/2012, 07:47 PMHe's caught flak for price gouging before and he's a ryovegas sympathizer.

Great guy.
Yeah, LYNCH HIM!    :-"
All is well. :)

SignOfZeta

Vegas, WTF are you still doing here? Your tanacity to hang out on a forum where everyone hates you is second only to the Big Tymers at Neo Geo Freak.
IMG

RoyVegas

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/24/2012, 06:34 PMVegas, WTF are you still doing here? Your tanacity to hang out on a forum where most people hate you is second only to the Big Tymers at Neo Geo Freak.
Corrected for accuracy.

SignOfZeta

Sorry, but either way, the only posts I see from you tend to be ones just like this. Someone references your legendarily underhanded tactics and small time Big Tyming and you crawl out of the woodwork to defend your rep. What kind of a life is that for you to live? Is it just that you lack an exit strategy? It really is OK to just leave. Nobody will think less of you than we already do.
IMG

geise

xcrement5x

Does anyone have the pictures he shared?  I've never seen a Magical Chase box, is the text description of the game on the back ridiculous like most Turbo games?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2012, 12:07 PMDoes anyone have the pictures he shared?  I've never seen a Magical Chase box, is the text description of the game on the back ridiculous like most Turbo games?
I don't know what pics he shared but here is the back of the box.

/BoxedMC007.jpg

RoyVegas

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/24/2012, 06:58 PMSorry, but either way, the only posts I see from you tend to be ones just like this. Someone references your legendarily underhanded tactics and small time Big Tyming and you crawl out of the woodwork to defend your rep.
Hmm, let's see...  I posted:

Quote from: RoyVegas on 01/24/2012, 06:24 PMYeah, LYNCH HIM!    :-"
Which is very clearly an attempt to defend my rep?   :-k  Interesting logic.

NecroPhile

To the roflcopter, Robin!  Someone is besmirching my honor!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

-MG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/24/2012, 06:34 PMVegas, WTF are you still doing here? Your tanacity to hang out on a forum where everyone hates you is second only to the Big Tymers at Neo Geo Freak.
he used the ignore feature on me.  Now I can't have fun with his failsauce.

hoobs88

Quote from: RoyVegas on 01/25/2012, 12:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/25/2012, 12:07 PMDoes anyone have the pictures he shared?  I've never seen a Magical Chase box, is the text description of the game on the back ridiculous like most Turbo games?
/BoxedMC007.jpg
It looks like there is a Tetris stage.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

CrackTiger

Quote from: hoobs88 on 01/25/2012, 02:17 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 01/25/2012, 12:15 PM
/BoxedMC007.jpg
It looks like there is a Tetris stage.
Only one in the Turbo version, but there's two in the PCE version. Star Parodier has one as well.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SMF

Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

MotherGunner

Konami has owned Hudson for years so possibly the usual nothing...
-MG

VestCunt

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/24/2012, 06:58 PMSorry, but either way, the only posts I see from you tend to be ones just like this. Someone references your legendarily underhanded tactics and small time Big Tyming and you crawl out of the woodwork to defend your rep. What kind of a life is that for you to live? Is it just that you lack an exit strategy? It really is OK to just leave. Nobody will think less of you than we already do.
I'm sure he was jus hangin' out, catchin' up on the lates Tur-bo noos!  It's not like he'd be lurking around, four months after his last post, waiting for someone to say (or misspell) his name so he can appear like Beatlejuice and bask in his infamy or something.

Besides, like he said, not everyone hates him!  I mean, he's only ignored by three people.  And he has friends!  Like that asshole who's trying to do us a favor with his $1,250 cardboard box... And that Professorson guy defended him, remember?
Quote from: PCEngineHellGit tuff.  U all wimps.  He can do wat he want.  Dats life. U all faggots.  He want sell game for big money he can.  Dat life.  Fuck yooz guys.
INGREDIENTS:  Excessive sarcasm
Topic Adjourned.

SignOfZeta

You must have to be a really unpopular dude to be Ignored. I've been here since the begining, I've pissed off a lot of people, basically telling them to get cancer of the dick and die, and according to my profile there isn't anyone Ignoring me.
IMG

MotherGunner

-MG