The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Who would win in a fight?

Started by MotherGunner, 01/20/2012, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

Feel free to pit two persons/characters together to see who would win and discuss.

Air Zonk Vs. Astro Boy

Though similar in body frame and skills, I believe Zonk would rip Astro's heart out right out of the gate.  Plus he would talk shit about Astro's dad, causing him to cry.

Thoughts?  (waits for RegalSin's reply)

IMGIMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MotherGunner

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/20/2012, 08:19 PMthis not nice.
Oh tears....

I really like Astro Boy myself but alas, I am biased.  There there...
-MG

SignOfZeta

I don't know man. Atom's been through some HEAVY shit and still managed to survive. Zonk might be as tough, but he hasn't had a chance to prove it.
IMG

roflmao

Yeah, this is a really tough call.  Both are pretty epic in my book.

MotherGunner

Okay we can always come back to that.  How about Mr. Fantastic Vs. Plastic Man?

IMGIMG
-MG

SignOfZeta

IMG

esteban

First, I have to say that I love the juxtaposition of these two images. Has anyone discussed/shown this before? I never realized the connection between the two. AWESOME. :)

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/20/2012, 07:56 PMFeel free to pit two persons/characters together to see who would win and discuss.

Air Zonk Vs. Astro Boy

Though similar in body frame and skills, I believe Zonk would rip Astro's heart out right out of the gate.  Plus he would talk shit about Astro's dad, causing him to cry.

Thoughts?  (waits for RegalSin's reply)

IMGIMG
AstroBoy!

Zonk is an AstroBoy wannabe.

Sorry folks, you know it's true.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/20/2012, 11:37 PMOkay we can always come back to that.  How about Mr. Fantastic Vs. Plastic Man?

IMGIMG
Let's not forget about Enlongated Man!

IMG

Seriously though, you may not realise it, but a real conundrum would be Superman vs. The Incredible Hulk!  Most people choose Superman.  Problem is, there is no known limit to the Hulk's strength!  The madder he gets, the stronger he gets.  Basically, I think Sup's would have to take him out real quick before he get's too pissed off!  Ofcoase, then there's Superman vs. Captain Marvel(DC) vs. Captain Marvel(Marvel)!  They're all around the same strength all the time.

And for pics sake DC's Captain Marvel
IMG

Marvels's Captain Marvel
IMG
IMG

HercTNT

I always thought astroboy was a megaman wannabee. this is were your gonna tell me that astro boy came first right? I dont mean that sarcastically either. i was not familiar with astroboy until the release of the recent movie, so i have no idea who came first. I dont think Zonk could take him one on one, but the flying cow will come to zonks aid and milk him to death.

SignOfZeta

You guys are kidding right? The Astroboy TV show was on American TV 50 years ago, the manga was 60 years ago. It's influenced dozens of other creations. Megaman and Zonk are just the most obvious.

Seriously, Astro Boy is super fucking awesome. That new bullshit Ridiculius Cage movie can take a flying fuck at the moon, but the original manga is pure gold. Some of the best science fiction ideas of the 60s and 70s are in those little books.

I also recommend the GBA game. It's one the best games on the system.
IMG

MotherGunner

My mom grew up on Astro Boy.  Tezuka was definitely ahead of his time.  I would put him up there with the likes of Ray Bradbury.

Btw wasn't the GBA game based off the Cage movie?
-MG

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, IIRC, my oldest brother grew up with Astro Boy, he's 48, so he's probably old enough to remember him.  Astro Boy is oolllllllllld baby!
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/23/2012, 03:41 AMBtw wasn't the GBA game based off the Cage movie?
No, its based on the TV series that came out in the early 2000s. The same is true of the PS2 game, which is nothing special. The GBA game is fucking magic though. I have both the US and JP versions and have beat it about eight times between them. BTW, aside from the (typically) shitty box, the US version is the better version.
IMG

MotherGunner

Cool, yea for a while the Astro Boy toys were in the clearance bin at Toys R Us.  My mom came in and snathched them all up.  I also got her the early 2000's show you mentioned on DVD compilation.  It's the blackbox version IIRC.  Oddly enough, the whole thing has spanish language audio that was pretty impressive (not that it would have mattered since my mom is bilingual).
-MG

SignOfZeta

I saw a bit of that show on TV and it was very cool looking. The problem for me though was that they don't have a Japanese audio option on the US releases. They also replaced all the music. Therefore I've been waiting for a re-release...might be waiting for a while on that one now that the entire US anime industry is collapsing...:)
IMG

MotherGunner

A damn shame too.  I always really wanted to get into Hajime No Ippo myself.  But I don't know of any U.S. releases.

Another favorite of mine was Honeybee Hutch and Ulysses 31.   Classics.
-MG

HercTNT

Sorry, i grew up watching anime and old godzilla movies and i have never heard of astroboy.  I'm a military brat to and have damn near lived or been threw every state in the union.

Well i stand corrected!!! My wife who is 5 years younger than me has informed me she knows of astroboy and used to watch him. I'm 35 shes 30 so go figure. thats what i get for living in podunk usa every place i moved i guess!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/23/2012, 01:30 PMA damn shame too.  I always really wanted to get into Hajime No Ippo myself.  But I don't know of any U.S. releases.

Another favorite of mine was Honeybee Hutch and Ulysses 31.   Classics.
I would kill for Ulysses 31, but I'm not sure that is ever going to happen. I think it never even came out on video in Japan, not even during the huge LD boom of the early 90s when seemingly every fucking thing ever was coming out. It *may* have been released in Europe...in French...on PAL VHS. :(

The good news is that Mysterious Cities of Gold is out on video in English and in French. It's even on Netflix Instant.  This is a case where interest in the show in foreign markets saved it. The same is true of Golion.
IMG

MotherGunner

Man, I LOVE Mysterious Cities of Gold!  Yes Ulysses 31 was released on DVD in French.  Wow, awesome to know someone who not only knows about it but likes it!  Good times.
-MG

Shrapnoid

According to an old article I read in a gaming mag (I forget which mag), Capcom was going to bring Astroboy to the Famicom but, there ended up being some sort of disagreement between CC and the owners of Astro so, they came up with Rockman (Megaman in the U.S.) instead.

That may just be a rumor but, it's really hard to say with all of the changes that are made to games and stories during the development stages.

EDIT: Air Zonk has power, sure but, Astro is extremely durable by comparison and his over-all strength is measured in horse power which numbers up to ridiculous amounts so, Astro would most likely be the winner of that one. I don't think that Mega Man could take him on either and MM is my all-time favorite game character.

Now here would be an interesting fight...

8-Man vs Zero

8vs0.jpg

TR0N

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/23/2012, 01:30 PMA damn shame too.  I always really wanted to get into Hajime No Ippo myself.  But I don't know of any U.S. releases.
It was released in the u.s as fighting spirit through geneon.

Still genoen has gone out of buisness and so has hajime no ippo gone out of print.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

This one is for BlueBMW how about this ?

Casshern vs Mega Man X
IMG
IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotherGunner

I know I know, not even a fair question...but I had to..

Wiggles v.  James T. Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Redshirt

IMG
-MG

PCEngineHell

Classic Kirk wouldn't need anyone else to mop the floor with them. JJ Abrams envisioned Kirk however, well, without a team he'd prob end up as rape bait.

MotherGunner

-MG

HercTNT

The wiggles vs star trek  =D&gt; You have no idea how many hours of the wiggles my kids have made me watch with them. I would give my left nut to science just to see kirk pound them out one by one.

MotherGunner

Quote from: HercTNT on 02/06/2012, 08:24 PMThe wiggles vs star trek  =D&gt; You have no idea how many hours of the wiggles my kids have made me watch with them. I would give my left nut to science just to see kirk pound them out one by one.
IMG
-MG

esteban

MotherGunner

-MG

RegalSin

Great idea for a game I will never own.
IMGIMG

HercTNT

Filmations ghostbusters was utter garbage and should have never made it to the tv.

MotherGunner

Ah Regal, you let me down Bro. I was expecting a more epic analysis of this thread (see the Original Post).

=)
-MG

nectarsis

Quote from: HercTNT on 02/07/2012, 08:36 PMFilmations ghostbusters was utter garbage and should have never made it to the tv.
Except that it was based on a live action series that predates the REAL Ghostbusters by almost a decade.  If people can look at it without "this rips off the REAL Ghostbusters it's not to bad.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

HercTNT

yes i'm aware it predates it. thats why the ghostbusters had to change their name to the real ghostbusters. I never said it was a rip off, i just said it sucked.

MotherGunner

You have to admit it was a catchy song though!  "Let's go ghostbuuuusters, let's go.  LET'S GO!"

Speaking of catchy tunes (from toons) remember this?
-MG

esteban

Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/08/2012, 01:22 AMYou have to admit it was a catchy song though!  "Let's go ghostbuuuusters, let's go.  LET'S GO!"

Speaking of catchy tunes (from toons) remember this?
I was too old for Chip N Dale and yet I totally remember that episode. Damn.

Lilgrafx

The real ghost busters have a black guy that's all I have to say

HercTNT

LIl, thats a really odd statement? what does that have to do with anything?

MotherGunner

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/09/2012, 11:39 PMThe real ghost busters have a black guy that's all I have to say
Yea I don't get the statement... If you were trying to be racist then you could have said the fake ghostbusters have a chimp.
-MG

SignOfZeta

To the conservative mind: black dude = warrior caste. The guy who would win in a fight.

I guess?
IMG

MotherGunner

This black guy would always win.  (Even today)

IMG
-MG

VenomMacbeth

This one oughtta be easy:

Tetsujin 28/Gigantor VS. Golion/Voltron

IMG

IMG

My vote goes to the latter.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MotherGunner

Voltron would win against FAT Iron Man 28, but would lose against Iron Man 28 (Go).IMG  Either way, mostly likely Mazinger Z would kick all their asses when the pink chick-robot (Aphrodite) with her boob rockets distracts them all.
-MG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/10/2012, 02:37 AMEither way, mostly likely Mazinger Z would kick all their asses when the pink chick-robot (Aphrodite) with her boob rockets distracts them all.
:lol: I lol'd hard
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

SignOfZeta

The robot thing, unfortunately, runs aground pretty quick. As soon as someone mentions Gunbuster, it's all over.
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/10/2012, 05:05 AMThe robot thing, unfortunately, runs aground pretty quick. As soon as someone mentions Gunbuster, it's all over.
Gunbuster vs (Space Runaway) Ideon vs Turn A Gundam :P
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PCEngineHell

Frozenintears versus Frozenintears

/Amakusa666/frozenintearsversusfrozenintears.png

geise

VenomMacbeth

Here's a nice overdone one:

Master Chief VS. Samus Aran.

Personally, I think Samus would turn MC into a steaming pile of hamburger seeping out of his armor. :/  Plus, she has boobs.  Boobs always win.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!