10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

retro-accessories - terrible seller & modder - avoid

Started by moonwhistle, 05/07/2012, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vecanti

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/27/2013, 04:09 AMIDK, I just don't remember most any games my own friends beat or anything. Probably because ...
I only remember one one of my friends beating a game.  My First friend had just bought Bonks Adventure that day and my Second friend was playing it and as he kept getting further and further, my first friend kept getting more and more pissed because he didn't want him to beat it as he had just bought it a few hours before.

MotherGunner

Sorry, but that youtube video Mike posted almost made me shit my pants!  *Tears* :mrgreen:
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/27/2013, 01:20 PM
/\ yet again adding moar character and now unoriginal content to an otherwise boring rehash /\

esteban

STATUS: At this point, I don't know what the hell is happening. WE CAN CO-EXIST. We really can. I know it.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

I like this new Mike. Posting links to videos I refuse to watch is pretty easy to deal with.
IMG

Keith Courage

I thought that video was hilarious since all the phrasing is all jacked up. It is dam funny whether it is poking fun any anyone specific or not.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/27/2013, 06:34 PMI like this new Mike. Posting links to videos I refuse to watch is pretty easy to deal with.
Yeah yeah, and yet, you felt compelled to reply and comment on them. At any rate, jokes about you, not for you, so not really required that you watch it guy. But if you did, and simply want to everyone to think you're not obsessing over what I post, then sure, feel free to go out of your way to state you didn't.  :roll: I guess the point being, if you had that much self control and ability to ignore anything I post, you'd not be where you are at now. So who are you trying to convince here, you, or me ?

Bernie

Don't you bring your sadness down on me....when peace is free.....

Mathius

Years ago I had a girlfriend that looked almost exactly like her. Her name was Rachel too.  :-k

tggodfrey

Who really cares. 

To the OP, sorry man sucks, thanks for the heads up.

To the rest of you thinking about modding her.....I think masturbaiting would be more entertaining.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NightWolve

Quote from: Keith Courage on 01/26/2013, 03:15 PMWell this is weird. So the person doing shady repairs put all kinds of effort into help translate Ys IV? Why contribute so much to a system you love by helping translate an awesome game to then later not make good on repairs you provide for the same system?

Something doesn't add up. Maybe this person never responded to emails cause something happened to them? Maybe she is in the hospital? Family crisis? Who knows?
I wouldn't think of it that way, Keith. It's an interesting coincidence that I figured out she's one in the same - I remembered that she's handy, and ran an eBay sales business, but I had no idea she was now in the US and offering modding services till this thread. I'm sure she's had successful repairs, but something in this case just didn't go as planned and what not. Not good for your reputation, obviously. I think I ran into posts of hers complaining about damage during shipping and losing money over it, but this doesn't sound like that or what happened with steve/8bit4life. How she handled the customer after 2 failures is another matter...

Anyway, if the thread creator ever sees this *wonderfully* informative and entertaining thread (beyond words) as it is now, he will learn that she is the Ys IV translator and even though he had to cut his losses by paying somebody else to complete the job, he can feel somewhat less peeved about what happened and maybe note the novelty of who tried to mod his system albeit having ended in failure... This is assuming he was able to obtain and patch Ys IV, thus appreciate that feather in her cap, etc. He might just get a kick out of seeing her in that cosplaying outfit as well... ;)

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2013, 11:18 AMMost of what you shared or opined has nothing to do with whether or not she's an unreliable seller or modder.
Most of what YOU shared or opined has NOTHING to do with whether or not she's an unreliable seller or modder. Another hypocrisy, inconsistency and selectivity count on your part. This should've been in your first and ONLY post (you have many) if it was a mere matter of fidelity to the topic (that's IF your premise that my posts were so so far off is valid) AND there should be cases elsewhere in this forum where threads have wandered off and you, the heckling hero, tried to steer them back. I've been here a year and I can't recall in your case. I can't recall *many* things in your case. So, to be clear:

* I didn't come into this thread to talk about Michael Jackson.
* I didn't come into this thread to talk about Barack Hussein Obama.
* I didn't come into this thread to talk about Fox News, MSLSD, CNN, etc.
* I didn't come into this thread to talk about Guns or whatever else.
* Neither did I come into this thread initially to talk about spenoza the hypocritical, heckling hack...

No no no, *I* came into this thread to talk about Rachel as well because it turns out that it is the *SAME* Rachel that I worked with on Ys fan translation projects years ago! YOU, on the other hand, came into this thread mainly to talk about NightWolve in order to assault my character by calling me a creepy, misogynistic, sexist pig along with going as far as accusing me of being responsible for potentially chasing female members away, all for merely expressing trivial sexual interest in one individual who I happened to know and was the same Rachel that the topic revolved around... Since you don't know Rachel, since you've never dealt with her or worked with her, you're far more out of place in here than I am if we're gonna take your point seriously.

To more prove the hypocrisy/inconsistency counts, if we go back in time a little bit, we can demonstrate that in raising this demand for rigid adherence to the topic exactly, you flip-flopped selectively in my case here. Quote:
Quote from: spenoza_2008I don't think mods are necessary to keep threads on topic. I think there needs to be a natural conversation flow. Enforcing rigid discussion can be really restricting and is no fun.
My my... Quite the difference now in 2013, eh, you condescending cunt? I like the "no fun" part... Heh. Funny, we USED to partly agree on something... I kind of like what Zeta said as well:
Quote from: SignOfZeta_2008If the mods get trigger happy, I'll simply leave. I'm only interested in natural, organic conversation. This isn't 5th grade, or corporate radio, or some such shit. If I have to think about the idea of some prick deleting my post, and structure everything I say to someone else's idea of "on topic", I'll just waste my time elsewhere.
Of course, you have now flip-flopped back to your 2008 position for everybody else, obviously. Professor, Zeta, etc. Don't feel like lecturing them too? No more monitoring of this thread for people not talking about Rachel AND her modding services... Curious. So in just talking about Rachel and another type of experience with her, why, that'd be TOTALLY off topic and a technical forum rule violation... Everybody get his point? For *me*, things have gotta be EXACTLY on topic since he represents the thread creator's assumed default wishes as well as these imaginary angry girl gamers... If you've had another kind of experience with the same Rachel, you shouldn't have mentioned it in this topic! That would NOT qualify under a "natural conversation flow..." So by the look of things, he selectively and temporarily decried lack of rigid discussion flow on the account of little ole me for a few posts, but then seemingly went back to his 2008 position because, well, he's been MIA since and I don't think he has a history of having done this elsewhere either... Gotta love it!

Ultimately, what this shows is that when your central arguments fall apart which are built on a house of cards (in your case), you move the goal post around to get some technical heckling points across that are, well, worthless, hypocritical, contradictory, etc. at the end of the day. This is what happens when you don't stay honest to yourself and the adversary, just deal with what you oppose as you did in your early posts (validity aside!), posts which show what an insulated, 1950's prudish throwback that you really are despite your later attempt to deny the charge by balancing your reasons for this protest around others such as this off-topic point here. A point that, yeah, fails miserably, both because of your past positions and inconsistency as far as no other activism to speak of in steering any other thread back on topic around here...

The final reason why this heckling point of yours is an epic fail is because, hey, I could've just as easily made another thread myself, added a link to THIS one, and titled it say, "Hey, that terrible seller/modder Rachel/retro-accessories recently mentioned is my Ys IV translator!!" But then you'd know what that would mean, right, cunt? My post about the Ys IV history between Rachel and I, with her eBayID photo, the horrifying expression of sexual interest that you so oppose (you know, since it's 2013 and not 1950, which occurs everyday in many other forums, daily pop culture, music, entertainment, etc.), ALL that, would be on the FIRST post of the first page, right at the top and I would wager that'd bother you A LOT more than my posts being on the 2nd page of this here existing thread... Just a hunch, I *could* be wrong, but just a hunch. You see my point, right sir? Your desire to censor it here would give it more visibility as its own thread... What good would your hypocritical point have been then? (An annoying, heckling point, right back at ya obviously.) Of course, yeah, we know, you want it just censored period... ;) I understood you loud and clear on that from the first post.

(Don't worry, more posts to come for the rest...)

PukeSter

This is what I don't get about this forum. It's my favorite forum, don't get me wrong, but most of the drama here is pointless. Instead of understanding when to drop a subject, these stupid arguments go on for pages and pages and pages. NightWolve, I don't want to waste my life reading your several paragraph long arguments. I don't think you like typing these either.

I mean, Sinistron was arguing with this Adol guy once for about 11 whole pages. Adol just kept saying "I am not listening to you, you are stupid." or something like that. But NO, Sinistron would not stop until Aaron stepped in.

I don't even want to know what the hell is going on with PCEngineHell and Sign of Zeta. Why is he wasting time making shitty, non funny videos? What even happened? Or with DarkKobold, he just had some screw up with saying the wrong worth of some Super CDs.

You guys will probably flip shit at me or whatever, or waste time analyzing sentence by sentence of what I am saying, but this is a video game forum, not some nerd rage forum. Everybody here is great, and better than this.

Somebody lock this thread. It bores the hell out of me.

Bernie

PCEngineHell

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/28/2013, 12:55 PMKenshiro-tatatata.gif
I concur. Just waiting for Spenoza's head to explode in a delayed reaction.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 05:54 PMA lot of bitching and crap.
Not really here to entertain you. Its a take it or leave it situation. Tune in, or tune out. You know where the door is at. It's a klik away.

PukeSter

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/28/2013, 06:12 PM
Quote from: PukeSter on 01/28/2013, 05:54 PMA lot of bitching and crap.
Not really here to entertain you. Its a take it or leave it situation. Tune in, or tune out. You know where the door is at. It's a klik away.
I might as well, have fun...

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 06:13 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/28/2013, 06:12 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 05:54 PMA lot of bitching and crap.
Well lets face it. You get people who get on here and complain about all sorts of shit like this, like someone is literally strapping you down to a chair, pried your eyes open, and keeps dropping drops into them while a laptop is forced in front of your face, forcing you to read all these post you can tell two lines in that you wont approve of. Instead of typing up how much you hate it all, just browse a different thread. Your activity in some squabble, or lulz of any type, is not mandatory. There are plenty of threads here you can enjoy that are conflict\lulz free. I see threads I don't care to read all the time. Instead of bitching about the content every time, usually I just don't read or reply in them. Like I said, it is not mandatory.

MotherGunner

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/28/2013, 06:20 PM... like someone is literally strapping you down to a chair, pried your eyes open, and keeps dropping drops into them ...
clockwork-orange-torture-viewing.jpg
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

HercTNT

soop

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 05:54 PMThis is what I don't get about this forum. It's my favorite forum, don't get me wrong, but most of the drama here is pointless. Instead of understanding when to drop a subject, these stupid arguments go on for pages and pages and pages. NightWolve, I don't want to waste my life reading your several paragraph long arguments. I don't think you like typing these either.
QFT.  I mean, I totally get that some people here dislike me (or at least my posts)  but at least two people have done the right thing and ignored me.  I like most everyone here, but even then people rub me up the wrong way sometimes just for taking things so... seriously.

Which incidentally, is why I like Esteban so much.  So much style :D
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Tatsujin

Yeah, esty has the incredible and unique ability to make peeps happy with his insults :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

spenoza

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/28/2013, 06:08 PMI concur. Just waiting for Spenozas head to explode in a delayed reaction.
Yeah, there's no way I'm actually the inspiration for all that rage. That's way too much pent-up anger. I'm probably just a convenient outlet. S'ok. I click the ignore button and then I don't have to read it.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 08:41 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/28/2013, 06:08 PMI concur. Just waiting for Spenozas head to explode in a delayed reaction.
Yeah, there's no way I'm actually the inspiration for all that rage. That's way too much pent-up anger. I'm probably just a convenient outlet. S'ok. I click the ignore button and then I don't have to read it.
I was agreeing with Nightwolve, but ummm, ok. I think you are over estimating the anger level there. I seriously doubt he was sitting there seething, foaming at the mouth etc. Somewhat long winded post, sure, but that does not in any way imply anger. He wasn't exactly calling you every name in the book, maybe just one or two, implying annoyance if anything, nor was he making threats of violence towards you. Anyway, point of my post being, was waiting for you to even try to attempt to mount a worthy reply back to his post. Good luck with it if you do, or don't. Your call.

Emerald Rocker

Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 01/28/2013, 09:19 PMSeiji's head never exploded.
Yeah, I couldn't find another gif of him doing his thing on anyone else to the full extent. Made me sad. :(

bust3dstr8

Mike, do you take requests?  Can we get a Nintega Rocky Horror video?
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 01/29/2013, 07:46 PMMike, do you take requests?  Can we get a Nintega Rocky Horror video?
Hmmmm.... :-k

PunkCryborg

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 01/28/2013, 09:19 PMSeiji's head never exploded.
It does today....it does today......
IMG
/kenshiro.gif

ApolloBoy

IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 05:54 PMThis is what I don't get about this forum. It's my favorite forum, don't get me wrong, but most of the drama here is pointless.
My initial reaction of "Who the hell is this guy?" hasn't changed.

QuoteInstead of understanding when to drop a subject, these stupid arguments go on for pages and pages and pages.
It's not for you, some random cunt, to decide for *me* that it was time to drop a subject, especially when said subject was about me and the insults directed against me, etc... I guess since you gave the hack spenoza a pass in your "scolding," I am to infer you approved of his insults since all you really did is add more, eh ?

QuoteNightWolve, I don't want to waste my life reading your several paragraph long arguments. I don't think you like typing these either.
For someone decrying stupid arguments, you'd do well to avoid them yourself in your opening protest! I think the image of you strapped in the chair was better than any textual argument that could be made, but yeah, the idea that if I make a long post, you're gonna have to forcibly waste your miserable life reading it, and that by implication I should shorten them to suit your "needs" is insulting to logic and reason. I can tell in the first paragraph if I'm gonna be interested or not in reading the rest of what someone has to say... So you know what I do ?? Gosh golly, I fucking stop reading (AKA ignore the rest)! Even if I'm interested, I might stop reading just out of laziness at the time, and if so, well, my loss!

Solution: you're welcome to pass my posts by or hit the ignore, I don't really care which cause as far as I can tell, you're a non-factor to this board (as I told you in FS) and if you disappeared tomorrow, I don't think it'd make a difference in quality, either way. You're not funny, entertaining, nor interesting, and that is only from what I have seen of you, limited as it has been, so I could be wrong about that, but I'm gonna point it out since you made judgments about the quality of some veterans here - You wanted to be wiseguy contrarian against me in particular.

QuoteI mean, Sinistron was arguing with this Adol guy once for about 11 whole pages. Adol just kept saying "I am not listening to you, you are stupid." or something like that. But NO, Sinistron would not stop until Aaron stepped in.
I'm not familiar with the incident, and I don't care, but this is no equivalent. It's not that long, and the people arguing have varied. Plus, taking cheapshots at those you dislike while avoiding those that you do or propping them up (Dickki) was no way to end this, but to prolong it!

QuoteI don't even want to know what the hell is going on with PCEngineHell and Sign of Zeta.
Then stay out of the thread. Who are you again, and why do I give a fuck what you think ?

QuoteWhy is he wasting time making shitty, non funny videos? What even happened?
You can read, can't ya ? As for his videos, they were quite hilarious! I wasn't aware of such software and sure, after a couple of times, what was done would lose comedic effect, but since it's new to me, it was quite entertaining. You've got a hard-on for Professor evidently, so the "enemy" of course is NEVER funny... I know how that works.

QuoteOr with DarkKholbold, he just had some screw up with saying the wrong worth of some Super CDs.
Why is this guy Dickki such an underdog hero to clowns like you that'd you shoehorn in a shoddy defense for him in the middle of this?? I just don't get it... You love eBay prices or hate NecroPhile or both ??

QuoteYou guys will probably flip shit at me or whatever, or waste time analyzing sentence by sentence of what I am saying,
So what you're saying or rather predicting is that by insulting me and others, that we'll probably respond by insulting you back ? Wow, this guy must have a crystal ball!!! NO way he could've known that this would happen without one! NO WAY! And so OK, by preemptively predicting and stating this, you're, I dunno, somehow portraying yourself above it or hoping to deter it ?

Quotebut this is a video game forum, not some nerd rage forum.
So you're not a nerd ? And this wasn't minor raging of your own here?

QuoteEverybody here is great, and better than this.
Take cheapshots at multiple people and then pander by end of it... Good strategy! You should play thread hero more often!

QuoteSomebody lock this thread. It bores the hell out of me.
Somebody show lukester here where the exit is because he bores the hell out of me! Surely you can figure out how to ignore one measly thread that so bores you in a pool of dozens and dozens of them at any given point in time rather than calling for it to be locked to keep those you insulted from responding back to you...

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 06:13 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/28/2013, 06:12 PMNot really here to entertain you. Its a take it or leave it situation. Tune in, or tune out. You know where the door is at. It's a klik away.
I see, let the lukester have HIS fun first, and THEN the thread can be locked! That's how it works! Respect his authoritor indeed!

NightWolve

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/26/2013, 07:35 PMNo, I wouldn't have made the joke myself, but not all women are ultra sensitive prudes so wracked with reverse chauvinism that they're going to avoid a web forum en masse because of one stupid joke. They've got all sorts of other reasons to avoid the forum. :)
Thought I'd point this out in that you were the only that caught it from this angle, the further negative implications of what he was saying. Basically, in attempting to wildly and falsely generalize me as anti-woman over an issue with a particular individual in my past, he was also negatively generalizing/slandering girl gamers are as hyper-sensitive, bigoted, intolerant prudes that would essentially boycott an entire forum over such minor comments, and not take some of the bad (in their view), with the good, in terms of the sum total used in judging an individual, etc.

Simply saying, "Hey, she's cute, I'd hit it!" would somehow be enough to judge a man as totally boorish/offensive and warrant a whole blanket boycott of a forum and the rest of its members, etc. Also, are girl gamers not smart enough to use the ignore feature if they're that sensitive according to this cunt's generalization ?? So yeah, he didn't just slander me, he also slandered them (with this imaginary version of his to attack me with) in the process based on gender and revealed things about himself!

I'd understand if they're getting unwanted flirts all the damn time by multiple male members, where it begins to go into annoyance or harassment, but that sure as hell wasn't this! I happen to have some grievances with this individual like the thread creator, so that is why there was some lampooning and/or negative feelings here (though *most* comments were complimentary!!), and yes, she happens to be female, but that's beside the point! If she wasn't, like say Tobias (bootleg equivalency, selling translations behind your back as SHE did to me!), you simply wouldn't have seen the, "Hey, she's cute, I'd hit it!" but everything else would've been the same and this cunt can't tell me he hasn't seen far worse in terms of mudslinging, bringing "personal crap" into an exchange to embarrass someone that insulted or wronged you in some way!

Why this guy tried to turn it into something so outrageous and generalize it I'm not sure (while he covers up/bootlicks for his Ohio buddy Andrew Arkanerd who trolled women ON HERE like Michirin9801)... Best guess would be he had a hard-on for me for other reasons before this thread and simply used the occasion for it. His PM would seem to indicate that, telling me that he had early impressions of me (has had his "eye on me," so to speak) and where he simply implies/insinuates sinister notions, leaving them specifically unsaid (as he did with his last posts here, he doesn't back them up!), being the lying, slanderous cunt that he is!

CGQuarterly

This just in: Lukester = non-factor.

Tonight at 11: Is NightWolve's anti-woman behavior the REAL reason behind the soop/Donna tragedy?

Chris

NightWolve

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 02/08/2013, 12:16 AMTonight at 11: Is NightWolve's anti-woman behavior the REAL reason behind the soop/Donna tragedy?
Ah, take shots at me, but c'mon, leave Soopy and the Donna thing alone! ;) He's a nice enough fellow.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/08/2013, 02:23 AM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 02/08/2013, 12:16 AMTonight at 11: Is NightWolve's anti-woman behavior the REAL reason behind the soop/Donna tragedy?
Ah, take shots at me, but c'mon, leave Soopy and the Donna thing alone! ;) He's a nice enough fellow.
Donna was so last year. Just say no to inflatable girlfriends. For serious.

EDIT: Inflatable Amy is this years Donna for Soups. Thanks Herc  :wink: