10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Atlantean: Deep Blue's Sister!

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 05/22/2012, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shubibiman

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/20/2013, 12:33 PMI'll make it as huge as possible, and also make it delete everything thats already there.

the file name will say "LOLSCOAR"
Go for it!
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/20/2013, 12:33 PMI'll make it as huge as possible, and also make it delete everything thats already there.

With the save screen, make sure it says "Would you like to format to save your score?" & then "accidently" have it so the answer no, is switched to yes! Bwa HA HAHAA! :D
IMG

esteban

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/20/2013, 12:16 PMFuck yeah, we want high scores!
I think you have your answer, Arkham :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/21/2013, 04:06 AM

With the save screen, make sure it says "Would you like to format to save your score?" & then "accidently" have it so the answer no, is switched to yes! Bwa HA HAHAA! :D
nah just provide one option:

"YES!!!!11111"
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Update for people who don't check Aetherbyte's actual site:

Atlantean is progressing fine.  I'm fiddling with some polish related things at the moment. 

Zero bugs, that I know of.

\o/
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Nando

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/01/2013, 12:12 PMUpdate for people who don't check Aetherbyte's actual site:

Atlantean is progressing fine.  I'm fiddling with some polish related things at the moment. 

Zero bugs, that I know of.

\o/
Awesome.  :pcgs:

Arkhan Asylum

Mishran

whisper2053

Pretty awesome Arkhan! I am wowed :D
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

NecroPhile

Lookin' good!  I like the catch-the-atlantean bombardment level.  *splat*
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/04/2013, 04:10 PMLookin' good!  I like the catch-the-atlantean bombardment level.  *splat*
Yeah!  If you catch enough of them, you earn more Atlanteans for the main levels. 

touko

there are some slowdowns, but music and sfx are excellent ..

Congrats .  =D>

Tatsujin

Looks and sounds nice :)

slow explosions, but I take it this is because it's set underwater.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

seieienbu

I was amazed with how many scrolling layers you've got in there...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/05/2013, 04:52 AMLooks and sounds nice :)

Nope, thats just because the game hasn't hit the optimize stage where we gain back frames per second, and I go back through and tweak all the animation delays. :)

No point bothering for now with stuff like that. 

turboswimbz

Ark - the sounds are amazing once again.

Love the colors, animation. 

Just speechless on how good this looks.  fantastic job so far.

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/05/2013, 10:37 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/05/2013, 04:52 AMLooks and sounds nice :)

Nope, thats just because the game hasn't hit the optimize stage where we gain back frames per second, and I go back through and tweak all the animation delays. :)

No point bothering for now with stuff like that. 
Ah, ok, I was also wondering about that.  Thought maybe the video was acting up!
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/05/2013, 10:48 AMArk - the sounds are amazing once again.
yayyyy.   

and yes everyone, you'll notice some other speed goofiness, like the minefields sort of chug across the screen.    That stuff will all move faster and smoother once everything is in place and optimized.

As it stands though, the game is often moving and updating almost every sprite the PCE can possibly update.

TheClash603

Looks great!

For some reason I got really nervous you weren't going to pick up any of those pink dudes in the demo and then at 1 1/2 minute-ish mark I got to say "oooh yeah."

I used to play the shit out of Defender on the 5200, loved that game.  Pitfall 2/Moon Patrol next to help me relive my youth!

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/04/2013, 04:14 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/04/2013, 04:10 PMLookin' good!  I like the catch-the-atlantean bombardment level.  *splat*
Yeah!  If you catch enough of them, you earn more Atlanteans for the main levels. 
I like the "dodging walls" section just prior to the aquatic infant catching.  :pcgs:

T2KFreeker

Just finally got around to0 seeing the video. Been gone for a bit. Arkhan, the game looks aweso0me. I ado0re Defender, so I am really looking forward to this one man. Awesome stuff coming. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
END OF LINE.

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, I'm working hard to get it into playtest mode again.

I really like the minefield walls too, Esteban.    It just sucks that there's only so many combinations that work for it to be challenging.

Also, you can all expect the game to move quicker once I sort out all the moving parts and then go into speeding the game up again.

esteban

I hate to be a greedy bastard, but this is my dream:

Atlantean (and all future games) will have a BUNCH of chiptunes and offer the option to switch tunes (manually and randomly) on the fly...kinda like the radio in Out Run, but better.

[/dream]

IMG  IMG

Arkhan Asylum

You will get a sound test in Atlantean, but having the music changeable on the fly would be kind of lame since the music wouldn't be as exciting as it changes from portion to portion.

Arjak

I watched the new video, and I must say that I am quite impressed. It looks very professional, like something that NEC would put out back in the day. The background with the multiple layers is gorgeous and a real showstopper. It's the first time that I've felt like a PCE homebrew has achieved something that looks like an official game. You've come a long way since Insanity, Arkhan! I applaud you. =D&gt;

Unfortunately, I desperately need to play catch-up. I still haven't bought Pyramid Plunder or the new version of Meteor Blaster. I'm really embarrassed...
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Arkhan Asylum

Well, you'd be surprised what you can manage when you have someone who knows what they're doing drawing the pictures.

:)

Hopefully, the whole thing comes together as good as I think it will.   

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/17/2013, 10:24 PMYou will get a sound test in Atlantean, but having the music changeable on the fly would be kind of lame since the music wouldn't be as exciting as it changes from portion to portion.
Yes, of course you are correct.  :pcgs:

That is why I love that you will implement my idea anyway, just for me.

HUGS! IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Just a small update:

I'm cleaning the code up, and have to tweak a few things because I'm a huge douche and made the game too hard in some parts.

Don't expect a video or anything.   There likely won't be anymore video updates.   Don't really need them at this point.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/20/2013, 08:15 AMJust a small update:

I'm cleaning the code up, and have to tweak a few things because I'm a huge douche and made the game too hard in some parts.

Don't expect a video or anything.   There likely won't be anymore video updates.   Don't really need them at this point.
Awesome!  Just hope you guys can get your Huey's and Cases All done to go along with this!  So when can when do you guys expect this to be out? Mid year? 

Keep up the great work!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: turboswimbz on 12/20/2013, 08:50 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/20/2013, 08:15 AMJust a small update:

Awesome!  Just hope you guys can get your Huey's and Cases All done to go along with this!  So when can when do you guys expect this to be out? Mid year? 

Keep up the great work!
Outside of more playtesting to de-asshole the difficulty and locate any new bugs, all the game needs is optimization.   It runs at a steady 30FPS and then shoots back to 60FPS after enemies clear away, meaning I should be able to locate that sweet spot where I fix all the right things and get all the speed ever!!!1123445.

Then, I spend time polishing it and dealing with Sunteam Pauls' 90000 palette images that give me headaches, :)

The title screen will make you all moist in the pants.

Deep Blue will look like a desert compared to the puddle left behind.

Nando

NecroPhile

Saved high scores too please.  :mrgreen:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/20/2013, 09:35 AMSaved high scores too please.  :mrgreen:
yeah yeah.   Even though its a card game and you guys are sinners.

Nando

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/20/2013, 12:14 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/20/2013, 09:35 AMSaved high scores too please.  :mrgreen:
yeah yeah.   Even though its a card game and you guys are sinners.
Can't be a sinner if you are not a Xian. So SAVE THEM BITCHES!!! ;)

Opethian

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

This is just an update as usual for anyone who doesn't pay attention to the main page, the blog, or Facebook.

Work is progressing as usual.  Cleanups and speedups, look out!

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/11/2014, 02:11 AMThis is just an update as usual for anyone who doesn't pay attention to the main page, the blog, or Facebook.

Work is progressing as usual.  Cleanups and speedups, look out!
This update was for me, since I have no Facebook, didn't realize there was blog, etc.

Thank you. A swift and pristine game awaits us.  :pcgs:

Arkhan Asylum

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/11/2014, 04:53 AMBlog link is at the bottom of Aetherbyte.com

http://aetherbyte.blogspot.com
Ha! I didn't realize there was a blog! Good to know, thanks IMG

Arkhan Asylum

again, for all you non blog/facebook folks:

Atlantean is still progressing and speeding up.  Get excited and shit.

The boss battles play too fast now!  They're unplayable.  This is a good thing.  It's easy to slow it down as opposed to speed it up.

roflmao

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/30/2014, 10:44 AMagain, for all you non blog/facebook folks:

The boss battles play too fast now!  They're unplayable.  This is a good thing.  It's easy to slow it down as opposed to speed it up.
Dude, I am going to buy Pyramid Plunder + Atlantean, though not at the same time. Ha!

IMG

Opethian

IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 01/31/2014, 07:01 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/30/2014, 10:44 AMagain, for all you non blog/facebook folks:

Dude, I am going to buy Pyramid Plunder + Atlantean, though not at the same time. Ha!

IMG
If that's not the back of the manual, then there should be no manual.

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

jlued686

NecroPhile

Oh yeah, I just jizzed in my pants!

Arkhan Asylum

oh good, people actually check the sites and stuff. 

:D

Did anyone snap pictures from MGC?   There was a copy there to be played.

OldMan

If you attended the show this past weekend, and got a chance to look at / play with the cards, we would like to hear your opinions on what is good or bad about them.