PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Sapphire and Sylphia - what are they worth on the market?

Started by Yamazaki, 05/22/2012, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamazaki

Just wondering what these two titles are worth atm?

here are some pics for judging the condition of my copies:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Check on Ebay. Everyone has an account. Even Amazon or Half.com. Some people I swear live in the stone age of online retailers.
IMG

Yamazaki

Ebay and the likes tend to be swarmed with professional retailers who are waiting for Mr. Right to buy their overpriced titles - thats why I am asking at the heart of PC Engine gaming :)

PikachuWarrior

Well, if they are selling, then obviously people are willing to pay whatever amount it sells for. Just saying.
IMG

NecroPhile

I'd say maybe $175 for Sylphia and $350 for Sapphire.  Are you actually selling 'em, or can we look forward to you asking again in four years?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Yamazaki

still thinking wether I sell or keep them.

just wanted a quick look at wat they might bring in.

they might bring in some money - but then again I doubt I'll ever find them again.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Yamazaki on 05/22/2012, 05:01 PMthey might bring in some money - but then again I doubt I'll ever find them again.
So what?  The money at least has a chance of being useful, and maybe they'd go to someone that'll set them free from their plastic prisons.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Otaking

As they're both factory sealed in this case the Sylphia is worth more than the Sapphire.
A factory sealed Sapphire is much more common than a factory sealed Sylphia.
 :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Nando

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2012, 05:08 PM
Quote from: Yamazaki on 05/22/2012, 05:01 PMthey might bring in some money - but then again I doubt I'll ever find them again.
So what?  The money at least has a chance of being useful, and maybe they'd go to someone that'll set them free from their plastic prisons.
FREEDOM!  No PCE game should be left in the plastic. Games are meant to be played damn it!

grimm

Quote from: Nando on 05/22/2012, 05:13 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/22/2012, 05:08 PM
That goes for ANY video game...

So what?  The money at least has a chance of being useful, and maybe they'd go to someone that'll set them free from their plastic prisons.
FREEDOM!  No PCE game should be left in the plastic. Games are meant to be played damn it!
That would go for ANY video game...

PikachuWarrior

I knew this person was bragging the moment I read the thread title. It's clearly obvious he's not even thinking about selling because who doesn't know what is a common game and what is a rare game without doing some research online.

I collect sealed games, and so I can sympathize a little bit and can see both sides of "Games are meant to be played", but part of my hobby, besides playing games, is collecting sealed games and even in some cases, not even playing the sealed games ever in any form (buying their used counterpart). I don't regret it at all. I think of it as a showpiece, so to speak.

Just the way it goes!
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/22/2012, 06:07 PMI knew this person was bragging the moment I read the thread title. It's clearly obvious he's not even thinking about selling because who doesn't know what is a common game and what is a rare game without doing some research online.
Funny, after reading your post I checked his history. He's been here a long time, but sadly all about selling, eBay spamming, or 'what's my stuff worth' now. No interest in the community.

Opethian

What something is worth and what something will sell for on ebay are 2 drastically different numbers
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/22/2012, 05:13 PMAs they're both factory sealed in this case the Sylphia is worth more than the Sapphire.
LOL, what are you talking about? :)

btw. WB again dennis ;)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: Opethian on 05/22/2012, 06:59 PMWhat something is worth and what something will sell for on ebay are 2 drastically different numbers
uber2nded!!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

kakutolives

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/22/2012, 08:15 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 05/22/2012, 06:59 PMWhat something is worth and what something will sell for on ebay are 2 drastically different numbers
uber2nded!!
I third this. I personally never understood the statisfaction that people get of looking at a sealed item. to each their own though, I guess.
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

RegalSin

Well I brought Castlevania, Steam Hearts, Magical Chase, Rainbow Islands, for high prices. Why not these???
IMGIMG

Yamazaki

@tatsujin: Lange net gesehen^^

Otaking

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/22/2012, 08:14 PM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/22/2012, 05:13 PMAs they're both factory sealed in this case the Sylphia is worth more than the Sapphire.
Just what I said  :D, to find Sylphia factory sealed is quite rare.
On the other hand a factory sealed Sapphire you see alot more often.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

kakutolives

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/23/2012, 03:52 AM
Just what I said  :D, to find Sylphia factory sealed is quite rare.
arent like 90% of those "sealed" sapphire copies, bootlegs though?
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

Otaking

Quote from: kakutolives on 05/23/2012, 04:18 AM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/23/2012, 03:52 AM
Just what I said  :D, to find Sylphia factory sealed is quite rare.
arent like 90% of those "sealed" sapphire copies, bootlegs though?
Yeh there's lots of fake Sapphires about, but you see genuine sealed ones alot more than sealed Sylphias.

Tatsujin

i didn't see any sealed sapphires in many years except the one in here.

Otaking

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/23/2012, 08:10 AMi didn't see any sealed sapphires in many years except the one in here.
Really?? maybe its just me, I used to see approx 5 sealed Sapphires come up a year.
But other than the one in this thread I've only ever seen two other sealed Sylphias.

Saying that I'm completely out of the loop as I've nearly completely stopped buying video games.
Still play all the games I've already got, just stopped buying any more.

Tatsujin

Liquid Snake

Sylphia (sealed) should worth more.  I bought a mint copy in 2010 and spent $190 shipped.
My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia