OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Images of the ultimate portable PC Engine!

Started by Otaking, 07/11/2012, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

Earlier I was flicking through some of my PC Engine memorabilia and found this article below.
It's from a NEC/Hudson promotional booklet printed before the GT/LT was released.
They wanted to get in on the handheld market, their suggestion for PC Engine on the move is as follows.

Click on images for a larger image
IMG
IMG
IMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

henrycsc

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

SuperPlay

Otaking

Also found this about the Power Console

IMG
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

Heh, that's awesome.  Quite the stretch of the word 'portable' though.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

Thats the most retarded thing I have ever seen.. lol

meka

Bernie

PunkCryborg

csgx1

Interesting.  I like how the article breaks down how to do a composite mod. 

I guess they didn't sell/make the security bit to properly open the PCE back then.

Nando

jlued686

This is why I love these forums. Thanks for posting that!

Fuck...I miss 90s video gaming. Absurd.

Frank_fjs

I built myself a similar setup, it's totally portable:

IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Otaking

Otaking

What I love about this article is it shows NEC/Hudson were always aiming the PC Engine at the hardcore gamer.
You would never see Nintendo or Sega suggesting opening up, soldering or drilling holes in their hardware as you'd invalidate the manufacturers warranty blah, blah...

Ji-L87

It's pretty awesome. It's also awesomely ghetto.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

RegalSin

Well, women at some point becomes gold diggers, so seeing a man in early 1990's with a portable television ( which I might add became really small during the late 1990's ) would make you look attractive. Nowadays a man who looks like they are hardly working and some what young probably does the same thing for finsters, Alley Mcbeals, and SIC-types.

GT is ten times better then this.
IMGIMG

Nando

esteban

Quote from: Otaking on 07/11/2012, 05:23 PMIMG
That dude is my hero. I would instantly kiss+hug anyone doing that, at any point in history.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

Quote from: esteban on 07/17/2012, 06:03 PMIMG

That dude is my hero. I would instantly kiss+hug anyone doing that, at any point in history.

:pcgs:
Seconds after the photo was taken the women next to him pounced, unable to resist his awesomeness.

esteban

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 07/18/2012, 08:26 AMSeconds after the photo was taken the women next to him pounced, unable to resist his awesomeness.
It might have happened. I want to believe it happened.

It did happen.

KnightWarrior

It gotta start somewhere..In the end it turned out cool

LMS

Otaking

TheClash603

People are always Kickstarter-ing stupid shit.

We need to raise some money and get this thing in production!

T2KFreeker

It's the Treamcast's Grandad. I'd have wanted one!  :lol:
END OF LINE.

Otaking

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/01/2012, 09:57 PMPeople are always Kickstarter-ing stupid shit.

We need to raise some money and get this thing in production!
For fun I wanted to attempt to build one using the same components used in the pictures, but other than the Engine console which I already own I couldn't find the other bits anywhere (I guess that's not surprising considering the age and obscurity of the items).

GameFreak

the monitor reminds me of the movie Rain Man

cjameslv

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 07/12/2012, 01:45 AMI built myself a similar setup, it's totally portable:

IMG
I call fake there's no hucard plugged in.

esteban

Ha! I had forgotten the two articles listed at the beginning of the thread.

That dude on the train remains my hero.

imparanoic

SuperGrafx

I had no idea that the Power Console controller for the SuperGrafx was that massive.

Christ...the entire console slides into the back of the controller! 
I just assumed (from the few pics that I've seen over the years) that it was merely a standalone controller, similar to the Steel Battalion controller setup on the Xbox.

spenoza

The Power Cons... I mean cake. The cake is a lie.

PukeSter

Kyuukyoku tiger sure was popular back then.

Otaking

crazydean

Quote from: Otaking on 05/08/2016, 07:41 AMre-uploaded missing images.  :D
Thanks for doing so. This is the first time I've seen this.

Digi.k

man if they stuck permanent NEC signs on that portable TV and speakers I would so buy into it...

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/08/2016, 04:04 PMman if they stuck permanent NEC signs on that portable TV and speakers I would so buy into it...
I still want to meet someone on the NYC subway doing this.

IT WILL HAPPEN.

Some day.