RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Looking for a MVS memory card board (MV-IC)

Started by Mishran, 09/22/2012, 03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mishran

I know it's a long shot, but figured I'd toss it out there in case anyone can offer some assistance.

Needs to include both ribbon cables and the headphone wire.

If anyone has one for sale or know where I might procure one, please let me know.

Thanks.

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Mishran

I have yet to find one on eBay or in the wild, so I guess so. :-k

DejahThoris

Quote from: Mishran on 09/22/2012, 09:53 AMI have yet to find one on eBay or in the wild, so I guess so. :-k
I've got one that's not seeing any use, but we've already chatted :/.

bust3dstr8

I have noticed them by me...the leftovers from crushed cabs :(   They will be untested, so I don't know if that's
worth a gamble.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

Yeah, getting them from an old cab seems to be the easiest way.
IMG

Mishran

I have a guy that has a shop fairly close by and has several Neo cabs that are missing the system boards. Asshole won't part the memory card board from any of the cabs for me. Yet he will sell a four slot cab with a bad system board, MV-IC, but no monitor for $125. Dickhead...

DejahThoris

Quote from: Mishran on 09/29/2012, 09:50 PMI have a guy that has a shop fairly close by and has several Neo cabs that are missing the system boards. Asshole won't part the memory card board from any of the cabs for me. Yet he will sell a four slot cab with a bad system board, MV-IC, but no monitor for $125. Dickhead...
You should buy one, toss the board up for $99 on eBay untested, call it a day.  Most of the ones up for $99 are labeled "as-is" and "untested".

Mishran

Well that is the thing. It's NOT tested. Even the card reader is untested, so I could end up without one still. If there was a way to check first, I might go for it because the cab is in nice shape. The usual light dings and scrapes from arcade use.

DejahThoris

Quote from: Mishran on 10/01/2012, 11:55 AMWell that is the thing. It's NOT tested. Even the card reader is untested, so I could end up without one still. If there was a way to check first, I might go for it because the cab is in nice shape. The usual light dings and scrapes from arcade use.
Do the 1-slots not have mv-ic compatibility?  If they do just bring along your own.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: DejahThoris on 09/30/2012, 09:10 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 09/29/2012, 09:50 PMI have a guy that has a shop fairly close by and has several Neo cabs that are missing the system boards. Asshole won't part the memory card board from any of the cabs for me. Yet he will sell a four slot cab with a bad system board, MV-IC, but no monitor for $125. Dickhead...
You should buy one, toss the board up for $99 on eBay untested, call it a day.  Most of the ones up for $99 are labeled "as-is" and "untested".
That's a pretty asshole thing to do.
IMG

bust3dstr8

Everyone that buys pcbs on Ebay knows "untested" means it's fucking bjorked.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

DejahThoris

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/01/2012, 03:05 PM
Quote from: DejahThoris on 09/30/2012, 09:10 PM
That's a pretty asshole thing to do.
The guy may say they don't work, but if he's got gutted machines sitting all around, what're the chances he actually knows which work and which don't?  He doesn't know if it's broken or not if there's no monitor to test with.

Mishran

I'm not willing to chance it not working. If I buy one, it has to be known/tested and working. Seems like every time I try to play a damn game, something comes up and I have to stop. Would just be nice to continue from where I left off. I'm considering just hunting down a working 2 slot since they have a built in card reader. Be so much easier, and I can just wire up a cart switcher button from the board to somewhere on the cab. Even if the switch is behind the coins slot door.

DejahThoris

Quote from: Mishran on 10/02/2012, 06:39 PMI'm not willing to chance it not working. If I buy one, it has to be known/tested and working. Seems like every time I try to play a damn game, something comes up and I have to stop. Would just be nice to continue from where I left off. I'm considering just hunting down a working 2 slot since they have a built in card reader. Be so much easier, and I can just wire up a cart switcher button from the board to somewhere on the cab. Even if the switch is behind the coins slot door.
Are there any games that actually support that?  I mean real-time saving?