10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Neutopia crypt names...

Started by OldRover, 10/04/2012, 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

I'm looking for the names for all the crypts in the original Neutopia. They're never alluded to in the English version, and I can only find the names of the first three (Cave Of Gaius, Cave Of Istom, Dark Cave). Anyone know the names of the last five?
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

Cave of DamnThisMusicIsCool was one of them.  I am sure of it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

tpivette

According to the first issue of Turbo Play...

4th crypt: Cave of Walls
5th crypt: Mema's Dungeon
6th crypt: Kama's Dungeon

They just called the 7th crypt "The Dungeon in the Sky" (dont know if thats the official name), and I believe the 8th is always referred to as the Climatic Castle, which is where Dirth is supposed to reside
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

OldRover

That's cool... thanks for the info. :) I owe ya one. :)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

Quote from: tpivette on 10/04/2012, 05:20 PMAccording to the first issue of Turbo Play...

They just called the 7th crypt "The Dungeon in the Sky" (dont know if thats the official name), and I believe the 8th is always referred to as the Climatic Castle, which is where Dirth is supposed to reside (but he turns out to be a fake).
Don't go spoiling things!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 10/06/2012, 06:33 AM
Quote from: tpivette on 10/04/2012, 05:20 PMAccording to the first issue of Turbo Play...

They just called the 7th crypt "The Dungeon in the Sky" (dont know if thats the official name), and I believe the 8th is always referred to as the Climatic Castle, which is where Dirth is supposed to reside (but he turns out to be a fake).
Don't go spoiling things!
Yes. Please mark your spoilers. I haven't finished Neutopia yet. :(

tpivette

Whoops, guess I figured just about everyone here had played/finished this game since its one of the classic Turbo "must plays". I didn't give away the ending though.

Fixed my post... now the guys that quoted me need to fix theirs
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

esteban

Quote from: tpivette on 10/06/2012, 12:09 PMWhoops, guess I figured just about everyone here had played/finished this game since its one of the classic Turbo "must plays". I didn't give away the ending though.

I was just kidding. :pcgs:

VestCunt

They just called the 7th crypt "The Dungeon in the Sky" (dont know if thats the official name), and I believe the 8th is always referred to as the Climatic Castle, which is where Dirth is supposed to reside
Sounds right. Bantam's Encyclopedia also uses the same names for 4-6 and leaves the last two unnamed. Prima just refers to all of the labyrinths by number.
Topic Adjourned.

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 10/06/2012, 01:21 PM
Quote from: tpivette on 10/06/2012, 12:09 PMWhoops, guess I figured just about everyone here had played/finished this game since its one of the classic Turbo "must plays". I didn't give away the ending though.

I was just kidding. :pcgs:
I wasn't!  :P

BigusSchmuck

Yeah especially for some of us who don't have it! :P

ccovell

This is from Gekkan PC-Engine magazine:

First world: Sausrillia (sp?)  (South Rilia?)
Dungeon 1: Cave of Gaias.  Boss: Vulcan
Dungeon 2: Cave of Istom.  Boss: Golem
Second world: Megidonia (the "g" is a hard G.)
Dungeon 3: Cave of Darks (sp?).  Boss: Gargoyles
Dungeon 4: Cave of Uarus ("ua", not "wa").  Boss: Centibeech
Third world: Aquaramses
Dungeon 5: Labyrinth of Mehma.  Boss: Mad Crab
Dungeon 6: Labyrinth of Kahma.  Boss: Turtlerich
Fourth world: The castle in the sky: Iscarion    (from Judas Iscariot, perhaps?)
Dungeon 7: Labyrinth of Malth.  Boss: Crystal Malth

That's all I could find in the magazines.  The names are mostly written in Katakana, so there are lots of possibilities for English spelling.

OldRover

Ooh, awesome... even some of the boss names, that helps a lot. Thanks a billion, Chris! :D

EDIT: Why do I see "Crystal Meth" when looking at the name for the 7th boss?

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 10/07/2012, 12:17 AMThis is from Gekkan PC-Engine magazine:

First world: Sausrillia (sp?)  (South Rilia?)
Dungeon 1: Cave of Gaias.  Boss: Vulcan
Dungeon 2: Cave of Istom.  Boss: Golem
Second world: Megidonia (the "g" is a hard G.)
Dungeon 3: Cave of Darks (sp?).  Boss: Gargoyles
Dungeon 4: Cave of Uarus ("ua", not "wa").  Boss: Centibeech
Third world: Aquaramses
Dungeon 5: Labyrinth of Mehma.  Boss: Mad Crab
Dungeon 6: Labyrinth of Kahma.  Boss: Turtlerich
Fourth world: The castle in the sky: Iscarion    (from Judas Iscariot, perhaps?)
Dungeon 7: Labyrinth of Malth.  Boss: Crystal Malth

That's all I could find in the magazines.  The names are mostly written in Katakana, so there are lots of possibilities for English spelling.
Chris, I love learning the original Japanese references for familiar TG-16 games. :pcgs:

Quote from: OldRover on 10/07/2012, 02:47 AMEDIT: Why do I see "Crystal Meth" when looking at the name for the 7th boss?
You're not the only one :pcgs:.

Breaking Jazeta -- New season on TG-16 this Fall