@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Dungeon Explorer 2 for $1

Started by syphic, 10/07/2012, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syphic

Fellow local gamer scores on some Turbo Goodness including a bunch of Duo games for $1 each! And i was gonna head to that swapmeet today too but decided to wash my car instead. Ugh! lol
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

fraggore

man i need to go to the us
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

BigusSchmuck

Watch and he'll flip those on ebay for a pretty penny.

syphic

I offered him a good amount of cash for it but he says hes keeping it. Hope he does. We headed back to that swap meet today and found this along with a few other common titles. I already have one and he's not really interested in keeping it. So hes entertaining offers if anyones looking for one. It was only $3. Shoot him an email rrob78@hotmail.com Now i dont know what hes asking for it but hit him up and see. He does trades too!

IMG
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

tpivette

Seriously? Pick it up for me and I'll send you paypal payment as a gift!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

esteban

Quote from: tpivette on 10/07/2012, 10:00 PMSeriously? Pick it up for me and I'll send you paypal payment as a gift!
I love tpivette, but YOU NEED TO SEND IT TO ME. :pcgs:

Oh, crap. I couldn't even afford it.

tpivette should get it. Then, when he tires of it, he'll sell it to me.

We're all agreed. Good.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: syphic on 10/07/2012, 09:30 PMI offered him a good amount of cash for it but he says hes keeping it. Hope he does. We headed back to that swap meet today and found this along with a few other common titles. I already have one and he's not really interested in keeping it. So hes entertaining offers if anyones looking for one. It was only $3.

IMG
You're kidding right?  Please see my signature.  If tpivette doesn't take it I will.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: tpivette on 10/07/2012, 10:00 PMSeriously? Pick it up for me and I'll send you paypal payment as a gift!
I think you guys are misunderstanding. It was $3 when they bought it, and they are entertaining offers on it.

#1, they didn't leave it behind.

#2, they aren't selling it for only $3.

#3, they most likely know what it is worth, and are possibly willing to sell it at a reasonable price.

For a good time with the legendary DarkKobold, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

tpivette

Either way, I shot him a email to see what he's willing to part with it for... trade-wise or cash

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2012, 01:27 AM
I think you guys are misunderstanding. It was $3 when they bought it, and they are entertaining offers on it.

#1, they didn't leave it behind.

#2, they aren't selling it for only $3.

#3, they most likely know what it is worth, and are possibly willing to sell it at a reasonable price.
No misunderstanding here...  I know he got it for $3 so of course I'll offer him more.  Everyone likes a bit of profit.  $4.50 should do it, but I'd go up to $10 for it. :wink:

PunkCryborg

nice, i love finding stuff like that in weird place. I hope he plays this stuff though and isn't doing it just to flip stuff.

Bernie

Anyone else here, thinking...this is too good to be true?

rrob78

Hey thats my hand holding the Super System Card 3.0, lol. I actually picked it up for $2.50, but not sure if I'm keeping it still, I only have a TG-16 but will entertain offers. rrob78@hotmail.com, as syphic.

Bernie

I sent ya an email rob.  :)

tpivette

So did I... so other than DE2 and the SS3.0 Card, out of curiosity, what else did you find at the swap meet that was Turbo related?

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

rrob78

Yup got it this morning just as I started work. I'll be posting up the rest of what I picked up with the Super System Card after I get home from work, also a couple of Craigslist deals I got with the help of Syphic, he has really helped me out big time with the TG-16. He even offered Magical Chase to me, I was too modest so I turned it down, lol.

rrob78

Well, I wasn't the one who found Dungeon Explorer 2, that was a new guy we found on youtube who hits up the same swap meets/flea markets Syphic and I go to. But off the top of my head I found Y's Book 1 & 2, Bonk's Adventure, Bloodwolf, Turrigan, Military Madness & Legendary Axe aside from the Super System Card. Also last Friday, I picked up a TG-16 system with 5 games, China Warrior, Dungeon Explorer, World Class Baseball, Legendary Axe, Keith Courage.

FiftyQuid

Find TG stuff in the wild is like finding a leprechaun.  It doesn't happen.

I sent you an email with a modest offer for the SS 3.0 card.

csgx1

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/08/2012, 10:49 AMFind TG stuff in the wild is like finding a leprechaun.  It doesn't happen.
True.  Years ago, I used to go to the flea markets all the time and I've never came across any good Turbo stuff.  I've found some pretty rare stuff like prototype games, Neo Geo stuff and testing/dev stuff before, but NEVER any good Turbo items. 

Where is this 'magical' swap meet you guys speak of?  SoCal?  I'll be there at the next one, and will be sure to capture some video of me snagging Magical Chase, Dynastic Hero, PCE LT and a Vistar that you guys missed. :lol:

Seriously tho, nice finds!

syphic

Yes we are in Socal. I have been hitting the swap meets for about 5 years now and it wasnt up until this summer that we began to see Turbo Stuff. Rrob78 & Retrohungry found their lots at vendors selling music cd's and dvds. These swap meet vendors buy these cd's in bulk at Goodwills wholesale locations (there are 2 in Socal that i know of) liquidations from old music stores, & Storage units. Ive actually found some good dreamcast & Ps1 titles mixed in with these music cd's. Rrob78 & rertohungry got the lucky batch this weekend. Lucky Bastards!

rrob78

LoL, true its all luck Syphic! Also never giving up, sometimes you find a lot, other times you dont find a thing.

rrob78

All of what I found at the Swap Meet.

IMG
IMG
IMG

TheClash603

You got ripped off on Keith Courage.

Deletion

That's not just luck, it's crazy good luck that other vendors/resellers didn't pick through all those CDs first thing in the morning. BTW, rrob78, I've been subbed to your YT channel for a while. Welcome to the forum!

rrob78

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/08/2012, 11:25 PMYou got ripped off on Keith Courage.
Out of the entire, thats the one I got ripped off of huh? lol

rrob78

Quote from: Deletion on 10/08/2012, 11:26 PMThat's not just luck, it's crazy good luck that other vendors/resellers didn't pick through all those CDs first thing in the morning. BTW, rrob78, I've been subbed to your YT channel for a while. Welcome to the forum!
I know, Im surprised that weren't picked, but a lot of the resellers only look for Mario or Sonic. Thanks for being subbed to my YT channel, and thanks for welcoming me to the forums. Do you have a YT channel, What is it?

Deletion

You were definitely at the right flea market at the right time. I didn't hit a single flea market this year and now the summer is already over. I cringe at the thought I may have missed finds like yours and Syphic's  :cry:

I do have a YT channel (name is Nolody), but I don't actively post videos. I watch a lot of gaming channels and vloggers.

NecroPhile

Wowza!  Welcome aboard and nice finds in the wild.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rrob78

Thanks NecroPhile, I have other scores, Ill show them after I get home from work.

Bernie

That really is some good finds there man.  Thanks for sharing!  One day I might get lucky like that...

turbokon

I hate you guys, this never happens to me buy serious thanks for sharing and welcome to TE forum:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

I think I'd get excited even if I found Keith Courage in the wild, but it hasn't happened.

rrob78

I was excited that I even found Keith Courage, since my copy was Hucard only.

Sparky

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/08/2012, 10:49 AMFind TG stuff in the wild is like finding a leprechaun.
Hahaha... So true