RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Joined the Duo club.

Started by Bejita, 01/10/2013, 06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bejita

I'm very excited to say I received a original black PCE Duo from member Duo-R last week! He did a full cap replacement and purple LED mod on the system for me as a part of a trade, the system also had the RGB mod.
I was very impressed with the work that he did, very professional with clean solder points. I've always wanted to get into PC-engine games but I've just never had a chance. Ready to build up a collection, the first game I'm going to play through will be Ys this weekend! Thanks Duo-R!

IMG

soop

Lookin' good baby!

What other games are you excited to try?  I'd definitely pick up the 4-in-1 pack in.  Has to be the best value out there!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Frank_fjs

Sweet man, loads of fun to be had.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/10/2013, 07:02 AMI envy you :P
pfffttt... Everyone knows you have like a gazillion Duos tucked away :P

Tatsujin

It's not about the DUOs exactly I envy him, but he still has the whole bunch of superior games in front :P
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

soop

I know what you mean Tats.  I often think back to the days when The PC Engine was some unknowable, mysterious console.  I knew of around 10 games back in the dat, like LoT, GoT, Ys and Spriggan.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

NecroPhile

Welcome to the higher energy gaming system.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Welcome and good  choice on the PC Engine duo!

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

JoshTurboTrollX

Power Up!! 

Congrats on the score, looks great!!  have fun and get an Arcade card!!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

csgx1

Congrats on getting a beauty!  Welcome to the club and enjoy it.  The purple led is a nice touch.

jperryss

Welcome!

What model is that controller from? I swore I'd seen every version of the PCE pad but I've never seen that one before.

turboswimbz

WELCOME!

ClubDuo.jpg
https://www.foromtb.com/attachments/clubduo-jpg.1702681/
disco-insider,de/images/locations/ClubDuo.jpg
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

roflmao

HercTNT

welcome and nice machine. duo does good work :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: jperryss on 01/10/2013, 06:53 PMWhat model is that controller from? I swore I'd seen every version of the PCE pad but I've never seen that one before.
That's a Battle Pad (clicky) - sold separately, not with a system. 
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

we always called it "the banana-pad" back in the days :)

Duo_R

hey man just wanted to let you know that I just ordered you 3 more games to help you start your collection, they are on the way. Glad you are enjoying it! Let me know if you ever get good at Dragonball Z.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

futureman2000

Congrats on the Duo! May it bring you years of joy...

Duo_R

Here is a pic of the RGB amp that I custom made, this was an earlier version but yours should be a little smaller:

/img2248l.jpg

you can then get this converter (or a more expensive one):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SCART-RGB-to-YUV-Component-Video-Converter-Scaler-/221156873851?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item337dfa167b

IMG

And all you will need to get is a RGB to Scart cable. I also modded your AV port to accept either a standard AV cable, or an RGB to Scart cable (if you look their are an extra 3 pins, one for Red / Green / Blue). This will allow you to get Component Video on your Duo!

Shoot me a PM for more details or if you need any help. PC Engine to Scart seem to be a little harder to find right now, so I can always help down the road if one needs to be custom made.

Enjoy the system!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Bejita

Thanks Duo!

With what little free time I had this weekend I got in a few hours playing the translated version of Y's IV. I haven't enjoyed a game like that in awhile.

I still havn't figured out the dragonball game, the most I can do for an attack is get in a few punches. I need to read a guide and figure it out!

NightWolve

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/10/2013, 07:26 PMRe: Joined the Duo club.
WELCOME!
ClubDuo.jpg
https://www.foromtb.com/attachments/clubduo-jpg.1702681/
Special Thanks to @Tak-MK for figuring out how to get activated in this random Spanish forum (foromtb.com) to save/recover this particular "Club Duo" image (the LAST one!) that served as a "PCE Turbro" meme, so to speak, when @turboswimbz shared it!

This happened a few months ago when I wandered into this thread as part of my PCEFX image-recovery task/project which I believe has now saved/preserved 20,000+ PCEFX images from its ~20-year history mostly with Wayback, and a custom caching system for Photobucket and 2 other hosts (I'm considering caching IMGUR also before it's too late but I need a .webp image conversion layer)!

So the story around "Club Duo" is it was a night club in Munich Germany, but as best as I can tell it was closed during COVID-19 lockdowns and subsequently went out of business, so its websites expired and most of any shared images were lost. Another casualty of lockdowns... The image was shared from a general club website, link below, that showcased billboards/photos of many clubs in general, but it too was expired and Wayback didn't save the particular image:

Anyway, as you can discern, it doubles in usage as a "Club [Turbo] Duo" in this context/forum, and with the extra work/help put into obtaining the ONLY copy of this image left on the Internet, I logged the story. I have manually rescued dozens of images like this when my automatic Wayback plugin can't help, so I don't bother to log the work, but this is the one I wasted the most time with waiting around for another forum admin to approve my account, and finally getting help (from Tak-MK who is Spanish) to make progress.

I can't believe I finally wrote this post, I really didn't feel like it, it's just one image, but it became something of a little hobby of historical excavation to find lost PCEFX history/images like this! Most forum archives/rebuilds have lost their images/assets, so I wanted to do a better job if at all possible with my PCEFX clone.

Tak-MK

I'm glad I could help! :D I didn't know it was of that much importance when I saw it a first :mrgreen: