PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

A day in the life of the PCEFX village idiot....

Started by Bernie, 03/18/2013, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Does the snes cart weigh as much as the REAL Godzilla to do that kind of damage just from falling on it? Or is that particular star trek cart made out of cocaine and is just fragile?  Because drug lords often make legit looking items out of cocaine.

I think it's cocaine.

csgx1

Wow, that looks like some heavy damage just from a SNES cart falling. 

I accidentally dropped my set of keys on my Sega Nomad and it cracked both the outer protective screen and the LCD screen underneath.

bob

Quote from: csgx1 on 04/22/2013, 08:03 PMWow, that looks like some heavy damage just from a SNES cart falling. 

I accidentally dropped my set of keys on my Sega Nomad and it cracked both the outer protective screen and the LCD screen underneath.

Ouch, that stings

On a lighter note, in a sadistic way, village idiot stories are kind of entertaining

VestCunt

Quote from: galam on 04/22/2013, 06:22 PMOr is that particular star trek cart made out of cocaine and is just fragile?
Plastic gets brittle as it ages.
Topic Adjourned.

BigusSchmuck

bob

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2013, 08:47 PM
Quote from: galam on 04/22/2013, 06:22 PMOr is that particular star trek cart made out of cocaine and is just fragile?
Plastic gets brittle as it ages.
Well, I'm sure most of us have NES carts a lot older than that and have taken a worse beating. However, I'm sure the storage condition over the years could certainly play a part.

No, wait, I still say its cocaine.

BTW, I have Bernie games I'm kind of afraid to touch now. Not sure what I'll do when I need a TV Sports fix.   :-k

SmaMan

I made a stupid mistake like this last week.

I couldn't find my external hard drives' AC adaptor. I was getting impatient and had a project I really wanted to finish that was stored on it. So I looked through my room and found my old laptop's AC adapter from 10 years ago or so. It looked like it would worked, the plug fit and be voltages seemed ok.

So I plugged it into one, the drive turned on. The light blinked a few times but then quickly shut off. I was confused, but went ahead and tried it in the other one.

Long story short, I now have two shiny gray/black paper weights.   ](*,)

Oh and their real AC adaptor? It was under the table that I looked on over and over that day.  ](*,) ](*,)

Not sure if it relates back to Bernie's curse, but this all took place in the room where the PC Engine I just got now sits.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

bob

Quote from: SmaMan on 04/22/2013, 09:24 PMI made a stupid mistake like this last week.

I couldn't find my external hard drives' AC adaptor. I was getting impatient and had a project I really wanted to finish that was stored on it. So I looked through my room and found my old laptop's AC adapter from 10 years ago or so. It looked like it would worked, the plug fit and be voltages seemed ok.

So I plugged it into one, the drive turned on. The light blinked a few times but then quickly shut off. I was confused, but went ahead and tried it in the other one.

Long story short, I now have two shiny gray/black paper weights.   ](*,)

Oh and their real AC adaptor? It was under the table that I looked on over and over that day.  ](*,) ](*,)

Not sure if it relates back to Bernie's curse, but this all took place in the room where the PC Engine I just got now sits.
Did you get your PCE from Bernie?

SmaMan

No, it was some guy in Japan. Now, it looks like it may have traded hands a few times, so if Bernie had it at one point...
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SmaMan on 04/23/2013, 12:04 AMNo, it was some guy in Japan. Now, it looks like it may have traded hands a few times, so if Bernie had it at one point...
The guy in Japan is Baruni Kawasaki, Bernies long lost cousin.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

Whenever something crummy happens in our house now, I'll just blame Bernie.  My house is riddled with his stuff. :D

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/23/2013, 11:44 AM
Quote from: SmaMan on 04/23/2013, 12:04 AMNo, it was some guy in Japan. Now, it looks like it may have traded hands a few times, so if Bernie had it at one point...
The guy in Japan is Baruni Kawasaki, Bernies long lost cousin.
Baruni! I love that guy.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SmaMan

So let's figure out how this curse works.

1.) Spreads through electronics.
2.) Destroys subject's natural thought process. Most subjects act on impulse, usually with stupider/more destructive consequences that the subject had originally factored.
3.) Curse can cause destructive effects to the cursed object itself, or other electronics in the general vicinity. Secondarily effected items should also be considered "cursed" and should be disposed of in a safe, "hex-free" manner.

Bernie

I mean damn!!!  lol  I love you guys!!!  :)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: SmaMan on 04/24/2013, 02:40 AMSo let's figure out how this curse works.

2.) Destroys subject's natural thought process. Most subjects act on impulse, usually with stupider/more destructive consequences that the subject had originally factored.
3.) Curse can cause destructive effects to the cursed object itself, or other electronics in the general vicinity. Secondarily effected items should also be considered "cursed" and should be disposed of in a safe, "hex-free" manner.
I had a incident last night with the n64 I got from Bernie. My cat decided it wanted to spray the jumpercart so now I got this urine soaked jumpercart. Thankfully it wasn't in the system as I just put in the ram cart in. Seriously though, why would the cat decide to mark its territory on a Bernie jumper cart?

NecroPhile

Kitteh was just trying to cover up the smell of Bernie's ass.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

Sounds like you may have a dead cat now???

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Bernie on 04/25/2013, 06:56 PMSounds like you may have a dead cat now???
More like a cat hat if it were up to me. Damn fluffy persian...

SmaMan

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/25/2013, 03:01 PM
Quote from: SmaMan on 04/24/2013, 02:40 AMSo let's figure out how this curse works.

I had a incident last night with the n64 I got from Bernie. My cat decided it wanted to spray the jumpercart so now I got this urine soaked jumpercart. Thankfully it wasn't in the system as I just put in the ram cart in. Seriously though, why would the cat decide to mark its territory on a Bernie jumper cart?
4) Animals are cognizant of the curse and will do what they can to ensure their respective humans are not thwarted by it.