Duo AC adaptor question

Started by seieienbu, 05/01/2013, 07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

So I've never had a Duo before.  I had my turbo cd for years and years eventually with the super system card so I didn't exactly see the point of getting one.  A friend of mine was moving and found a Duo tucked away that he hadn't used in forever.  Knowing my love of all things turbo, rather than selling it on ebay he gave it to me. 

It's far and away the handsomest console I've ever owned.

Anyway, I've got one (hopefully slight) problem; I've don't have an AC Adaptor for the unit.  Is there anything weird going on here that I should know about, or can I just go buy a 10v 1 amp ac adaptor and go to town over here?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

chany60126

Many folks here have bought replacement AC adapters from this site: http://www.retrogamecave.com/nec-ac_adapter.html

seieienbu

Thanks.  One more question, does an arcade card pro work with a duo, or would I need to pick up an arcade card duo?

Bernie

PM me for a power supply.  I have some extras.  Also, you'll need the Arcade Card Duo.

esadajr

It was my understanding the Arcade card Pro would also work on the Duo systems.
Gaming since 1985

td741

Arcade Card Pro works with a Duo system, instead of using the Duo's built-in SuperCD card/system it will use the card's.  

i.e. If you use a US Duo with an Arcade Card Pro (on modded system, or using a HuCard Converter) you'll see the Japanese SCD menu (found on the AC Pro card) instead of the Duo's US one.

Bernie

seieienbu

Thanks for the info, guys.