The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Cheap x68000, who wants it

Started by BlueBMW, 05/19/2013, 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Who wants a cheap x68000?

Original model with 2mb ram (1mb onboard, 1mb internal expansion)
No cables, no keyboard, no video adapter. I'll throw in copies of the disks for Dracula (seen running in the pics)

All I have done to this one is replace the SRAM battery, everything else is still original (including the power supply) It runs fine, but I suspect at some point you'll want to do something with the power supply. Though these power supplies don't seem to fail as much as the "tetris block" power supplies in the ace/expert/xvi/030 models. Bottom line, I've got too many x68000s to fix up and I'd rather spend my time on the newer units. I'll be happy to try and answer any repair questions down the road, but I don't have time to offer repair services later. There is a lot of documentation etc available at nfg games / gamesx.com should you need help down the road.

Asking $150 + shipping. Its cheap because its as is and its 26 years old.

If you want an original keyboard with it add $60.

/x68k1_zps953b51b9.jpg

/x68k2_zps6d51499d.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

When are you going to sell some refurbished awesome models complete with all the games I could ever want?  :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/19/2013, 10:09 PMWhen are you going to sell some refurbished awesome models complete with all the games I could ever want?  :)
When I get some money to order the CF adapters hehe.

Tatsujin

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/19/2013, 09:19 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/19/2013, 09:16 PMhaw mach to nippan? :lol:
You serious? :P
lol, probably not :P

But really would like to have one one day.

Problem is le space and wifey..lol.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

Tatsujin

yeah, but it also needs monitor and stuff..lol

BlueBMW

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/20/2013, 01:06 AMyeah, but it also needs monitor and stuff..lol
Grab an xpc4 and you can watch it on anything!  Of course the xpc will cost 40k...

GohanX

Judging from the pics, it works with a standard PC keyboard and monitor?

Hmmmm......

GohanX

Sorry if that's a stupid question, the only stuff I know about X68000 is what you guys talk about in the chat room, and I forgot most of it.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: JKM on 05/20/2013, 08:31 AMJudging from the pics, it works with a standard PC keyboard and monitor?

Hmmmm......
1. No, totally custom
2. Yes with most VGA CRTs, but you will need an adapter.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

saturndual32

Just dont sell them the X68K adaptors we were talking about BlueBMW, hehe, i already have the money and can pay you whenever they are ready.

Dalder

Hey Byron that is very TEMPTING !!! because my X68000 EXPERT seems to have issues with my original Sharp 19 inches RGB X68000 monitor. :(. But I have tried sending you several PMs but they were all ignored or not replied back not sure why. Let me know why via PM please many thanks !!!

Mathius

BlueBMW

Quote from: saturndual32 on 05/20/2013, 04:55 PMJust dont sell them the X68K adaptors we were talking about BlueBMW, hehe, i already have the money and can pay you whenever they are ready.
Your stuff is set aside ;)

Quote from: Dalder on 05/20/2013, 10:33 PMHey Byron that is very TEMPTING !!! because my X68000 EXPERT seems to have issues with my original Sharp 19 inches RGB X68000 monitor. :(. But I have tried sending you several PMs but they were all ignored or not replied back not sure why. Let me know why via PM please many thanks !!!
I thought I already replied once.  My issue is time.  I dont like to take in x68000s for repair since I dont want to sit on peoples machines for a long period of time.  Shoot me a pm again describing the issue you are having.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 05/20/2013, 10:34 PMIs that my old unit?
Yes sir, I installed another original power supply I had from another OG model that had a bad mainboard.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/21/2013, 12:46 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/20/2013, 10:34 PMIs that my old unit?
Yes sir, I installed another original power supply I had from another OG model that had a bad mainboard.
Glad to see it's back to life. Someone please give her a good home.

Tatsujin

which games do run ok on the machine and which do not so much?

SuperDeadite

Most will run fine.  16mhz is really only needed for the later games like Super SFII, Mahou Dai, Geograph Seal.  The biggest annoyance with the older machines is that they are SASI, not SCSI.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

VenomMacbeth

If I come into enough money here soon, I may be tempted to jump on this.  There are a lot of games I really want to play for the X68k!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

BlueBMW

Both systems are on hold for now :)  Ill probably have more sometime soon.

TheClash603

I just subscribed to Retro Gamer Magazine and the x68000 is repeated listed as "Japan's best gaming secret" and every time they do the run down of various games the x6800 ports is listed as the best.

Maybe I should start taking this thing more seriously...

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2013, 11:27 AM...the x68000 ports are listed as the best.
This is so true!

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2013, 11:27 AMMaybe I should start taking this thing more seriously...
Yes you should :D

TheClash603

If you get a rig that can play all games and also ensure I will have access to some games, I am in.

PM me if this is an option, I will pay a fair price for your troubles :)

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2013, 12:36 PMIf you get a rig that can play all games and also ensure I will have access to some games, I am in.

PM me if this is an option, I will pay a fair price for your troubles :)
You won't regret it. :D