PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Turbo Duo price check

Started by stinkoman, 06/05/2013, 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkoman

It's been a while since I checked on prices for system and would like an opinion. I found a Jap Turbo Duo for $200 with everything including shipping. It is not an R or RX and it has low sound so I think that tells me Ill need to do a the capacitors soon? He wont budge on price. Is this a good deal or is it kinda high pending the issues?

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: stinkoman on 06/05/2013, 04:01 PMIt's been a while since I checked on prices for system and would like an opinion. I found a Jap Turbo Duo for $200 with everything including shipping. It is not an R or RX and it has low sound so I think that tells me Ill need to do a the capacitors soon? He wont budge on price. Is this a good deal or is it kinda high pending the issues?
Kinda high considering I got a Duo-R boxed 2 years ago for $150 shipped. If I were you, I would hit up Keith Courage and see if he has some refurbished units that he may sell you.

turboswimbz

I got a similar pce duo. For 130 about 10 months ago.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

+1 on checking with Keith.  He'll probably be close on price but it'll be one already fixed (caps, blazing lazer, or anything else needed), plus if ya want he can add a region mod, s-video, etc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!