The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Pictures w/ the Ex

Started by TheClash603, 07/08/2013, 09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

I was just cleaning up my closet and in the back I found a photo album that was given to me by my ex-gf when we broke up.  The album contains pictures of me, her, us, as well as a letter she wrote when we split ways.

Now, I will say I have ZERO feelings for the ex and I don't for a second wish I was still with her...  but, with that said it was nice looking at these pictures of us.  Included are the pictures of when I worked at Dollywood and my first trip to Vegas.  Also included are pictures of me when I was in great shape (30lbs lighter..  yeesh) and my hair had not yet begun to grey...

My question is...  should I throw this album out?  I don't want to make the current girlfriend jealous or upset if she happens to stumble upon it.  However, the pictures are some of the only documentation of 3 1/2 years of my life circa 2002-2006.  Let me know what you think.

roflmao

It was a part of your life.  Keep it.  Love it or hate it now, it helped shape you to who you are.

EDIT: I have held onto old photo albums that contain ex girlfriends because they captured so many other great memories and my wife has never been defensive about it.  It was in the past.  I'm the same way towards her ex's.  Honestly we are all now friends with our old ex's.  They're all married with kids too. :)

EDITx2: Is "ex's" like "Y's"?  :-"

PunkCryborg

my dad has pictures of him with girls from a teen . He's like 60 now and my mom and dad have been together since they were 20 and she still gets upset about them. I'm glad he kept them though, it's a part of my dad's life. When you get older pictures are the best way to look back on your life.

VestCunt

Keep them, but keep them in your archives. Don't leave the photo album out on the coffee table or the living room bookshelf.
Topic Adjourned.

CGQuarterly

jeffhlewis

Keep 'em - obviously you don't want these in your main photo album, but if anything they're are great for laughs years down the road. The lady's gotta understand it's just for memories.

BlueBMW

Wait you worked at Dollywood?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Best would be, you load them pix up and post 'em here.

them pix or it didn't happen.

Rest is up to you what you'll do with them :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/08/2013, 11:35 PMWait you worked at Dollywood?
I was a train conductor on the Dollywood Express for the summer when I was 19...  but who wasn't?

Thanks for the input all.  Maybe I will take a picture of a picture and upload for Tats so that he can see how sweet I was a decade ago.  Then I will hide the album back in the closet for another decade for the gf not to see.

Duo_R

Find pictures of current girlfriend's exes....be super cool about it. Then when she finds yours its your way out.  :)
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Arkhan Asylum

both my ex girlfriends turned out to be stupid bitchwhores, so I took all things related to them and threw them in the trash.

Including things they left at my house that they later asked for.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

DragonmasterDan

Having pictures like that around just lead to memories of what went wrong in my experience. I'd toss them.
--DragonmasterDan

Bernie

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/09/2013, 05:51 AMHaving pictures like that around just lead to memories of what went wrong in my experience. I'd toss them.
THIS!

esadajr

scan them, encrypt the files and get rid of the originals
Gaming since 1985

bob

Get rid. You have the memories you WANT to keep.
(For good or for bad).

FiftyQuid

Rip them up or burn them.  If any future girlfriends find them it'll only mean trouble.  Especially the lovey-dovey photos.  Memories are kept in your brain, photos are not memories they are only triggers for memories so keep the photos that remind you of that time in your life, but get rid of the ones where she's in them.

If future girlfriends find them they will do the following;

1) Compare looks
2) Compare happiness
3) See your "type" and question you about it

Oh, and the 3 points I just mentioned aren't even for cRaZy girlfriends, they are just for women in general.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

soop

keep them.  You'll still have memories of that part of your life, for better or worse.  It's not eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/09/2013, 10:07 AMRip them up or burn them.  If any future girlfriends find them it'll only mean trouble.  Especially the lovey-dovey photos.  Memories are kept in your brain, photos are not memories they are only triggers for memories so keep the photos that remind you of that time in your life, but get rid of the ones where she's in them.
If the woman is that crazy, find another one. Seriously.

NecroPhile

You can keep 'em if you want, just don't look at them and sigh wistfully when your current gal is around.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

I'd keep em, I've got some stuff from girls that I dated in high school still and it's interesting what kind of stuff you forget until you see something physical like an image or a note to remind you. 

As long as you're not dwelling on it I don't think your current GF would see a big deal.  I'd actually just stick it back in the closet or wherever you found it so that you can stumble upon it again in the future and get the nostalgia rush again  ;)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

RoyVegas

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/09/2013, 10:12 AM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/09/2013, 10:07 AMRip them up or burn them.  If any future girlfriends find them it'll only mean trouble.  Especially the lovey-dovey photos.  Memories are kept in your brain, photos are not memories they are only triggers for memories so keep the photos that remind you of that time in your life, but get rid of the ones where she's in them.
If the woman is that crazy, find another one. Seriously.
Exactly.  If someones with a woman that's so jealous that you aren't allowed to have a past, she need counceling. Run!
All is well. :)

VenomMacbeth

I say keep the pictures.

My father just died a couple weeks ago & I've been given several pictures of him.  We weren't terribly close & I hadn't seen him in almost 6 years, but looking at the photos helped me recall a lot of memories.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

coyoteslash

If you don't feel ready to toss 'em, then don't. I used to keep an album similar to what you describe. Kept it for quite a few years, even while in another (better) relationship. Eventually, I stumbled across it and realized I didn't want it. You may come to this conclusion as well down the road.

PunkCryborg

Are they still available? If so I'll buy them. PM SENT!!

coyoteslash

Sorry, long since traded for a broken cap gun and 7 pieces of Bazooka Joe (with comic!). I definitely got the better end of that deal...

jeffhlewis

The real question is whether she sent you "special" pictures. Those admittedly need to be handled with special care.

...and also posted here for posterity.

RoyVegas

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/09/2013, 02:03 PM...and also posted here for posterity.
That's just terrible!

That they haven't already been posted.

HercTNT

tggodfrey

One of my current G/F at the time found my box of pictures with my Ex......yeah that was a shit storm.  If you keep it, hide it very well.

my .02

Terry
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NecroPhile

I can just imagine your pics, Terry.  :lol:

<< insert comments about fisting and asking her "that thing gotta hemi?" here >>
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TheClash603

A consensus response would've made this decision a lot easier...  lol

No nude pictures of her in the bunch, but there are a few of me.  Should I still post em?

jeffhlewis

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/09/2013, 08:31 PMA consensus response would've made this decision a lot easier...  lol

No nude pictures of her in the bunch, but there are a few of me.  Should I still post em?
ABORT ABORT ABORT

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2013, 05:17 PMI can just imagine your pics, Terry.  :lol:

<< insert comments about fisting and asking her "that thing gotta hemi?" here >>
Terry "Ex'es" Pulverizer :lol:

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/09/2013, 08:31 PMA consensus response would've made this decision a lot easier...  lol

PLEASE POST! If there is one thing this forum needs, it's naked pics of our 99.999% male membership.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: esteban on 07/10/2013, 04:03 PMPLEASE POST! If there is one thing this forum needs, it's naked pics of our 99.999% male membership.
"member"ship :lol:
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/10/2013, 05:45 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/10/2013, 04:03 PMPLEASE POST! If there is one thing this forum needs, it's naked pics of our 99.999% male membership.
Exactly.  :pcgs:.

coyoteslash

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/10/2013, 05:45 PM
IMG

psychobear

I'll toss them, the only ones I have of my ex are with my kids mom, I saved those for my son. I can give a flying Fuk what my girl thinks, don't like them don't look at them.

VenomMacbeth

It's okay, the 0.001% female membership will make it all worth it. XD
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Jordan

Keep the pic's. If your gal dislikes it then she is insecure and getting rid of them might not fix the problem. No use in getting rid of something important to you if it might be wasted. It's shouldn't be a big deal unless you are a jerk about it.

TheClash603

my final resolution was to hide them in a place she will never look...  the game room!

Mishran

Being in a generally tough time at the moment myself, i have the same feeling about pics of my soon to be actual ex. Her and i had been together for 8 years and while there was some rocky times, there was really nothing i can look back on and regret. (Besides having met her in the first place... :P)

Up until the end,when it all went south, was the time with your ex so bad that you'd look back at those pictures and have feelings of regret? If not, why ditch them? Keep them and look back on them and relish in those times you shared and enjoyed with her. If they do bring harsh feeling on the otherhand, perhaps its best to let them go.

Hoosier

The way I see it, if she was a looker, keep them.  Then you would have something on record to say "check me out."  However, if she was a cow, you might want to burn that and act like it never happened.

RoyVegas

Quote from: Hoosier on 07/14/2013, 08:50 AMThe way I see it, if she was a looker, keep them.  Then you would have something on record to say "check me out."  However, if she was a cow, you might want to burn that and act like it never happened.
Shallow Hal wants a gal!

Jordan

She has to be a looker or he would have never dated her.

tggodfrey

lol yeah the pictures I had werent very "clean"
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

soop

Could be worse; I was going through my underwear yesterday and found a pair of panties.  Absolutely NO idea who they belong to.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

esteban

Quote from: soop on 07/24/2013, 10:26 AMCould be worse; I was going through my underwear yesterday and found a pair of panties.  Absolutely NO idea who they belong to.
Soop, it's OK. I LIKE TO WEAR WOMEN's lingerie, too. The problem, though, is that the "panties" are so small on me that they effectively become a G-String. Oh well.

I'm happy, though.

RoyVegas

Quote from: soop on 07/24/2013, 10:26 AMCould be worse; I was going through my underwear yesterday and found a pair of panties.  Absolutely NO idea who they belong to.
Maybe when you heard her husband come home, in the rush, you put on hers instead of yours and just didn't notice?  :-s