10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

FS - A Neo Geo AES setup... everything else is sold. Plz move to console s/t

Started by BlueBMW, 07/20/2013, 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Alright here's the deal.  No impending family crisis or anything like that here... but I've made a decision...  As some of you know, I am originally from Colorado but I now live in Tennessee.  About every four years I take a vacation back out west.  Every time I visit Colorado I am reminded of how awesome it is (sorry TN) Well I went this last June and had to ask myself... "WHY AM I NOT LIVING HERE!?"  So my goals have changed.  

Since I'll end up having to move everything and moving isn't free I've decided that my moving back to CO is more important than some pieces of the collection.  Besides, I've basically hit the end of what I want to "collect" and am a little tired of the chase (and the expense!).  I spend more time talking about and looking for games than I do actually playing them!  I miss playing them!  So I'm wanting to convert the "collection" into something that's primarily just the stuff I want to play.  I'll probably hold onto most of it, but some of the duplicate or redundant hardware needs to go.  Why do i need 8 different systems to play the same game??!

So anyways, here's some stuff to sell!

Neo Geo AES console.  Awesome system, but the truth is, when I go to play Neo Geo I pull out the MVS or CD first.  AES games are just too pricey and I've already got all I want to play on the other two systems.

AES Console (Component/Svid modded, Unibios 3.0, light up reset button)
AES Joystick
Generic AC Adapter
Riding Hero (US, case is rougher)
Magician Lord (US, label seems to have been replaced maybe?  Seems off for some reason)

Asking $450 shipped, but you guys tell me what's fair.

/AES_7_zpscc44f033.jpg
/AES_6_zps9cb4a04b.jpg
/AES_5_zpsfe0643ba.jpg
/AES_3_zps8f5db6c5.jpg
/AES_1_zps469b1b13.jpg
/AES_2_zpsfbd5dc30.jpg

SOLD ITEMS:

Arcade Card Pro + Kabuki Itoruyudan $50 shipped
Super System Card 3.0 (PCE) $15 shipped
New Zealand Story (loose) $8 shipped

PC Engine Core Grafx 2 + Super CDROM2 system

Includes original PSU + AV cable and the little adapter power cable and original controller.  Super CDROM2 has NOT been recapped or serviced in any way, but it works fine.  Lid switch is a little wonky, but I rigged it with a little piece of paper lol.

Asking $175 shipped

PC Engine Duo R console

Includes original pad, original box (serial number matching) with styrofoam, original power supply and a/v cable.  No instructions though.  System is tapped for RGB and has a DIN8 jack instead of the normal DIN5, but it is not amplified so you'll have to get an amplified SCART lead to work on most RGB displays.  Or get someone to add an amp to the lines inside.  Works great!

Asking $200 shipped

Sharp X1 Twin system

Works fine as a PC Engine.  I havent fully tested the X1 side since I have no X1 floppy games, though it does load up to the bios screen.  Basically a collectors piece, nothing more :)

Asking $250 shipped for it
SOLD

And as a little reminder... mostly for me... A nice pic from Colorado!

/Colo2008_1_zps6952a5e3.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbokon

Tempted in your Neogeo system but I'm trying to pay off some bills myself. Good luck, your prices are awesome!!!
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

MrFlutterPie

You are missing the info price on the Duo R.  You just have the pics up.

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbokon on 07/20/2013, 10:38 PMTempted in your Neogeo system but I'm trying to pay off some bills myself. Good luck, your prices are awesome!!!
Neo Geo is neat, but gosh darn is it expensive!  Though there are a handful of cheaper games that can be had.  Two of them come with the system ;) 

If any of the prices seems too high or out of line for forum pricing, someone please let me know :D 

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/20/2013, 10:40 PMYou are missing the info price on the Duo R.  You just have the pics up.
Ahh thanks for catching that!  I did an edit and missed a / in one of the pic tags.  It should all be there now.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

henrycsc

Just since it's not mentioned, I think there are also between 3 and 27 laseractive systems available.  If you need one, Beamer's the man to ask.

Good luck with your sales Beamer!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

Quote from: henrycsc on 07/21/2013, 12:20 AMJust since it's not mentioned, I think there are also between 3 and 27 laseractive systems available.  If you need one, Beamer's the man to ask.

Good luck with your sales Beamer!
:lol: :lol: Actually there are only five such systems here right now... eventually they may be on the block as well!

Arkhan Asylum

Aetherbyte calls dibs on the Arcade Card Pro if whoever has it "on hold" backs out!!!12

We need it for turbojive homebrew experiments!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dalder

That boxed Duo R and the Sharp X-1  is very tempting !!! and by the way YEA Colorado is way better than TN no questions LOL. Which part of Colorado ? I have been to Colorado Springs almost moved there. Also visited Denver Vail etc etc

futureman2000

I'll be in CO for a weekend at the end of this month. I wonder if I'll be able to leave?

BlueBMW

Its pretty awesome... granted growing up there has some influence on my opinion of it.

I lived near Littleton to the south and west of Denver.  The mountains were a quick drive away!

Now keep in mind... Denver is not the attraction... Denver is just a big city with lots of people, traffic etc etc... but its a place to live / work so you can enjoy the rest the state has to offer (which is a lot IMO)

TheClash603

Had I not just spent a small fortune on the MLB All Star Game, I would look to upgrade my AES to that modded AES...

Great seller everyone!

Sparky

xcrement5x

Not to derail much more, but it is a beautiful state.  I originally grew up in IL and moved out here maybe 5 years ago, I can't imagine moving back.  I don't live in Denver since I'm not really a city person, but it really is amazing. 

And the first time you manage to summit a mountain over 14,000 feet the rush to do it again never goes away!  :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2013, 05:23 PMNot to derail much more, but it is a beautiful state.  I originally grew up in IL and moved out here maybe 5 years ago, I can't imagine moving back.  I don't live in Denver since I'm not really a city person, but it really is amazing. 

And the first time you manage to summit a mountain over 14,000 feet the rush to do it again never goes away!  :D
Ahhh I need to do this again! thanks for reminding me.  I need to get back out west at some point...

My highest to date : 14,441 Feet.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

BlueBMW