The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

MSR "Factory Seconds"

Started by OldRover, 12/18/2013, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

Yeah, on evilbay, but Fukitol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321277961763

You'll never see it sold this cheap ever again. $12.95 with free standard shipping to the USA. The reason they are going so cheap is because the manuals and/or inlay cards are imperfect due to damage during the initial shipment from the factory. Every last one of them is a rebox. The discs are all in perfect working order; none of the discs themselves were damaged. There were only 16 of these, and some have already sold.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Bernie

Why not?  I'll take one. :)

RoyVegas

Posted a day or two after I paid the $29 price for the good ones you listed on eBay.

I would have bought one of these instead.  ](*,)
All is well. :)

schweaty

That's a solid price.

FiftyQuid

$13USD to buy, $14USD to ship to Canada.  I can feel USPS sticking it in my backside.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

OldRover

Whoa... what? $14 to ship to Canada? That's insane... it shouldn't cost anywhere near that much. I will see if I can modify the international shipping option to fix that. That might be ebay itself being a turd with its global shipping thing.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

OldRover

OK... I made some revisions. See if you can get the standard shipping rate; it should be about half of that. No way is it $14 to ship 4 ounces to Canada.

thesteve

must have..........bought

wyndcrosser

Purchased, thanks man. Looking forward to number 2.

Psycho Punch

$14 shipping to canada, what the hell? For my distant country it is only $9.15...
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

wyndcrosser

Quote from: guest on 12/18/2013, 10:27 PM$14 shipping to canada, what the hell? For my distant country it is only $9.15...
Shipping is actually pretty expensive to Canada. So, $14 doesn't surprise me. For whatever reason US to Canada is not cheap. BTW he said he'd fixing it, so it's all good.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: OldRover on 12/18/2013, 05:56 PMOK... I made some revisions. See if you can get the standard shipping rate; it should be about half of that. No way is it $14 to ship 4 ounces to Canada.
Thanks for trying, but it's still $14.  I even tried to refresh and blow out the cache on my laptop, but the shipping cost remains.  The import cost is $0 which is great, but $14 is a little much.  Still I might take the plunge here and buy it.  I just hate paying $14 to eBay.  If I knew the $14 was going to you Old Rover I wouldn't care, but I'm guessing it doesn't.

In other words I don't mind being fleeced by you, but eBay can get bent.   :D 

P.S. - My only option is showing up as "Priority International Shipping".

USA to Canada is terrible.  I know USPS and Canada Post have almost doubled their rates since the start of 2013.  Not that this matters, but it cost me $13 to ship a small parcel from Ontario to New Brunswick last week.  That's within Canada and it was still stupid.  That same parcel in January would have cost me $6 bucks.

OldRover

The discount copies are now all sold out. I hope some peeps on here were able to snag one. :)

OldRover

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 12/18/2013, 11:22 PMThanks for trying, but it's still $14.  I even tried to refresh and blow out the cache on my laptop, but the shipping cost remains.  The import cost is $0 which is great, but $14 is a little much.  Still I might take the plunge here and buy it.  I just hate paying $14 to eBay.  If I knew the $14 was going to you Old Rover I wouldn't care, but I'm guessing it doesn't.
I don't know wtf that is all about. :( I went on usps.com to calculate the price of shipping this to Canada, and it comes out to $6.91... perfectly within range of what I expected. I don't what kind of scam they are trying to pull here... and no, the $14 ransom doesn't come to us at all. :(

seieienbu

Blug, those sold out quick.  I wish I'd jumped on the game months ago.  I intended to but never got around to purchasing one.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

FiftyQuid

Quote from: OldRover on 12/19/2013, 12:46 AMI don't know wtf that is all about. :( I went on usps.com to calculate the price of shipping this to Canada, and it comes out to $6.91... perfectly within range of what I expected. I don't what kind of scam they are trying to pull here... and no, the $14 ransom doesn't come to us at all. :(
Yeah, that's more inline to what I regularly pay.  I don't know what the $14 is all about either.  I've noticed it happening on many eBay auctions so it's not isolated to you.  Seems to be some weird default in the listing for anything out of the States.

wyndcrosser

When might our orders ship?

Thanks

Wynd

OldRover

VestCunt

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/19/2013, 09:50 AMBlug, those sold out quick.  I wish I'd jumped on the game months ago.  I intended to but never got around to purchasing one.
Regular copies are still available on ebay and elsewhere. Stop talking in the past tense and buy one before people start gouging.
Topic Adjourned.

FiftyQuid

Many thanks to to you Rover for working out shipping to Canada.  Say it with me!  "Fawkin' eBay.  Eat that $14"

:lol:

wyndcrosser

Quote from: OldRover on 12/22/2013, 10:28 AMTomorrow morning.
Very cool. I look forward to purchasing Jungle Bros from you in the future. I purchased a copy of Mysterious Song from another seller and it constantly crashes, I don't know what the deal is. It's pretty random, I'm hoping it's not my duo.

Thanks

Wynd

Bernie

Quote from: wyndcrosser on 12/22/2013, 05:37 PM
Very cool. I look forward to purchasing Jungle Bros from you in the future. I purchased a copy of Mysterious Song from another seller and it constantly crashes, I don't know what the deal is. It's pretty random, I'm hoping it's not my duo.

Thanks

Wynd
When you say crashes, what exactly is the system doing?  I am assuming you are talking about hanging up during load times?  If thats the case, it did that with a lot of people.  Sometimes it would load right up after a scene change, sometimes it would hang for a minute or so.  If that is what you are talking about, try just waiting it out, or open the Duo lid and shut it again.

wyndcrosser

Quote from: Bernie on 12/23/2013, 09:41 AM
Quote from: wyndcrosser on 12/22/2013, 05:37 PM

Thanks

Wynd
When you say crashes, what exactly is the system doing?  I am assuming you are talking about hanging up during load times?  If thats the case, it did that with a lot of people.  Sometimes it would load right up after a scene change, sometimes it would hang for a minute or so.  If that is what you are talking about, try just waiting it out, or open the Duo lid and shut it again. 
Will do thanks

NecroPhile

Quote from: VestCunt on 12/22/2013, 03:45 PMRegular copies are still available on ebay and elsewhere. Stop talking in the past tense and buy one before people start gouging.
Yarr, get 'em now.  Rover has a pair on ebay right now.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

i dont see any on ebay. Wish i knew about this sooner

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

OldRover

Even those are just about gone. Technically, they're all gone, but someone did not complete checkout so there's still one up for grabs.

ChrisBucci

Hey The Old River...does that mean MSR is pretty much completely sold out all together?  That's fantastic!

thesteve

Get it yesterday, cleared it this morning 2