PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Freshly RGB Modded Duo R With Bad Audio Now ??

Started by Nec.Game.head, 02/11/2014, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nec.Game.head

I just yesterday received my Duo R with a RGB amp installed in it. The mod seems to be working perfectly fine except now I keep loosing the music on all my CD games. I also tried playing some regular audio CD's to test out the laser and when I press start the songs automatically start to skip forward. The laser had been reading discs perfectly fine until now. I'm not sure on where to start in order to fix this problem. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Keith Courage

If it's on CD games only then it is due to lens reading issues. Sounds to me like the lens either needs some pot adjustment or the rails the lens ride on need to be cleaned and re-greased.

thesteve

That sounds like a pot adjustment is needed
Check for any mechanical obstructions before adjusting (pinched wires, dry grease ect) 2

Nec.Game.head

Thanks guys .. What pot would you guys suggest I start off with after I check for dried grease on the rails or any obstructions around the laser ??
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Keith Courage

You should check what audio tracks are giving the CD drive trouble. If only the early tracks or only the farthest to the end of the CD tracks glitch out then I'd slightly adjust VR101 first. The direction to turn it would be based on which tracks are causing the issue.

If nothing is reading well at all no matter what track I'd try turning the VR102 counter clockwise slightly.

Also, never hurts to clean off the CD lens with some rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip :) The lens could have just gotten some dirt on it during shipment.