PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

interest check: Modded briefcase setup + some games

Started by greedostick, 03/20/2014, 02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greedostick

I purchased a briefcase setup from Keith courage a few weeks ago and it is not working with my turbo everdrive. Therefore I am looking to trade it for a jp duo, or sell it for $285.00 shipped. I think that's what I paid for it. System is recapped, svideo, region mod, and new laser moded. Also has a loose 3.0 card with sleeve.

System is on eBay. So I will pull it if no bids. USA Buyers only please. I'll throw in copies of Dungeon Explorer 2 complete with spine, Pac-Land USA loose with sleeve, Blue Blink Complete, and a 6 foot extension cable for $40.00

Other Stuff I have...

Bonk 3 Hu with manual - USA - $175.00 SHIPPED
Dragons Curse USA - With Manual and sleeve - USA -$30.00 SHIPPED
Adventure Island (dragons curse) - complete PCE - $30.00 SHIPPED
Air Zonk - PC ENGINE - COMPLETE - $45.00 SHIPPED
Galaga 90 with manual and sleeve - $15.00 SHIPPED
Dungeon Explorer with manual and sleeve - USA - $15.00 SHIPPED
Duo controller 6 foot extension cables - $2.00 each (only if you buy a game)

Looking for....

I NEED TURBO OR PCE CASES FOR MY LOOSE GAMES. LIKE 5, I WILL BUY 5 COPIES OF GOLF IF I HAVE TO.

New Adventure Island Manual and or box
Jackie Chan Manual and or box
Shockman Manual and or box
Dragons Curse case only, or a complete copy. Don't care about cardboard box but will take.
Duo Tap or PC Engine version. Whichever is cheaper.
IMG

Sparky

Since you bought it from Keith courage throw these these forums would be cool you gave the guys here first crack in stead of post it on eBay already. I don't get that but whatever l, hope some one snags it here for the price you purchased it at.

Bernie

That's strange.  I've never had issues with mine and my modded systems.

ToyMachine78

Make sure your region settings are in sync on the pce and ever drive. If the PCE is switched to USA, be sure the ED is switched to us.

The ED is region free, so if you are using it with a Turbo, you leave it switched to US, and it will play TG16 or PCE games seamlessly.

turbokon

I usually tap 5v from the output of regulator for the region mod.  This usually fixes any issues I have with the everdrive.  However I still have issues with the everdrive on a region modded white pc-engine I just did.  I have done coregrafx and coregrafx II and had no issues.  The problem is the everdrive cause a significant voltage drop during the loading of the games and the white pc-engine has a weak 5v line.  I was thinking I can tap from the input voltage to the regulator and with a simple voltage divider circuit, I can bring down the voltage to a level the region mod chip can handle like 6 to 7volts, it may resolve this issue.  I will test this.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Bernie

greedostick

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2014, 07:52 AMSince you bought it from Keith courage throw these these forums would be cool you gave the guys here first crack in stead of post it on eBay already. I don't get that but whatever l, hope some one snags it here for the price you purchased it at.
Yeah I agree. I do sell on forums when I'm not busy. But I'm working full time, and full time engineering student. I feel like forums are way too much work. Uploading photos to image hosting sites, people backing out, and haggling for the lowest price possible just so they can flip it on eBay. Then constant bumping everyday, and lowering prices till basically you are giving stuff away. Then you have to list it eventually on eBay anyway to sell it. On eBay I just take a photo, list it at a high fixed price, and forget about it till it sells. It may sit a month but it always sells.

I feel like I've been around various forums long enough I know what sells on a forum and on eBay better. If I don't forum post  sonething its for a specific reason. Like not working with everdrive is a big issue here, on eBay I don't even have to mention it. As for the game all are loose hu with manual. No one here will buy them unless loose or complete, or will just try and get me to split games up to get the manuals. I doubt Bonk would sell here either, because unlike eBay buyers are informed and will purchase the pc engine version $60.00 bucks. Like I am going to do. But yeah anything I have on eBay ill sell if anyone wants it for a lot lower except the extension cables.which I couldn't bring myself to sell here unless you want to pick a few up for 2 bucks each in a sale add on.

I generally prefer forum sales. I'm just too busy right now to manage it everyday and need to get rid of as much as possible by the time I move this summer.
IMG

Dicer

My TED also doesn't like the PCE suitcase setup, get the WSOD...if it's something that can be resolved I'd love to know

HailingTheThings

Kinda interested in your Bonk 3, how low would you go?

IMG
IMG

greedostick

Quote from: Dicer on 03/20/2014, 09:41 PMMy TED also doesn't like the PCE suitcase setup, get the WSOD...if it's something that can be resolved I'd love to know
What's the WSOD?

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/20/2014, 11:00 PMKinda interested in your Bonk 3, how low would you go?

IMG
If you are in the USA $175.00 shipped Priority Mail with tracking.
IMG

Bernie

HailingTheThings

That sounds fair-ish, was trying for the $150 range, but the longer I wait the worse it'll get or something, I'm sure?
IMG (please...)
If it doesn't go anywhere within the time it takes to get my effing tax $ I will probably be like "Yes." Cuz I've been teh wanting that game to complete my Bonk trilogy. And I like Bonk. Alot. And. Ever since I had my hands on a non-working copy, I've been upset-ish about not having it. *sigh*
IMG

greedostick

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2014, 12:08 PMraregames4u?

Quote from: greedostick on 03/05/2014, 12:03 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 03/05/2014, 11:51 AMMUST HAVE ALL THE RARES!!!
No, I don't care about rare games. (...)
Dude, got any more of these for sale?  :lol:
<<< ebay feedback link redacted >>>

OK, I'm done now. You know me... all about the lulz. If i had cash to spare, i'd love to take that briefcase off your hands.  Thanks for giving forumites the option to buy it at-cost.
raregames4u, not 4me. But yeah you got me :-)

I started selling on eBay in 1997, for a guy at my local flea market, and have made a little side business out of it over the years to fund my collecting because it's way too expensive. Of course I do like the occasional rare game, but I don't make it a mission to collect crap like complete amazing tader on Gameboy, Darius Alpha, and Stadium Events. I'll acquire something if it's rare and good. But not if it's rare and crap. I wont even collect a game if if it's good and cheap. I only collect games I feel are a 9 out of 10. Because life is too short o even play all the 9's and 10's.

I try to buy huge lots, fix the consoles up, clean them, mod them or whatever, install holders in games, get the stickers off, and make some profit and keep games I want. Hence why I am selling these games now, and why I need manuals for a few games. Those were SOME of my freebies for buying a huge lot. I won't even tell you what CD games I acquired for free, and then made profit in the end.

I find it satisfying to collect and sell in my spare time. It beats the hell out of picking up hours in the emergency room, and I get extra money and free games to boot. And I get to help preserve games by installing holders and such, almost guaranteeing another 15 years on the game before it is in danger of battery acid corrosion again.

I'll try and get stuff on here more in the future if things sell well. I have found it incredibly hard the last few years to sell stuff on forums. Not really sure why, but it's not as easy as it use to be. I think people are tired of game prices rising constantly.

Quote from: Bernie on 03/21/2014, 12:05 AMDamn good price sir! 
Thank you. You always have nice things to say.
IMG

greedostick

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/21/2014, 12:21 AMThat sounds fair-ish, was trying for the $150 range, but the longer I wait the worse it'll get or something, I'm sure?
IMG (please...)
If it doesn't go anywhere within the time it takes to get my effing tax $ I will probably be like "Yes." Cuz I've been teh wanting that game to complete my Bonk trilogy. And I like Bonk. Alot. And. Ever since I had my hands on a non-working copy, I've been upset-ish about not having it. *sigh*
Just get the PC Engine version. It has better art and is the same game. I guess I shouldn't be deflecting my own sales, but hell, it's the same game for almost 1/3 the price.
IMG

greedostick

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2014, 07:52 AMSince you bought it from Keith courage throw these these forums would be cool you gave the guys here first crack in stead of post it on eBay already. I don't get that but whatever l, hope some one snags it here for the price you purchased it at.
I still want some stickers. I will PM you hopefully soon. Just trying to acquire some loose cases to put the games in.
IMG

Dicer

Quote from: greedostick on 03/20/2014, 11:59 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 03/20/2014, 09:41 PMMy TED also doesn't like the PCE suitcase setup, get the WSOD...if it's something that can be resolved I'd love to know
What's the WSOD?

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/20/2014, 11:00 PMKinda interested in your Bonk 3, how low would you go?

IMG
If you are in the USA $175.00 shipped Priority Mail with tracking.
White Screen of Death

greedostick

My Tod loads up. But did not at first. I can't even navigate the Tod it just throws errors left and right. In the rare instance I do load a game its just garbled graphics
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: greedostick on 03/21/2014, 12:34 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/21/2014, 12:21 AMThat sounds fair-ish, was trying for the $150 range, but the longer I wait the worse it'll get or something, I'm sure?
IMG (please...)
Just get the PC Engine version. It has better art and is the same game. I guess I shouldn't be deflecting my own sales, but hell, it's the same game for almost 1/3 the price.
Thought about that, but the semi-collectard in me is like "Just get the US." Like I said, will probably take that off your hands if you still have it in a few weeks.
IMG

sicboy057

Looking for: Ys I&II Map | Bomberman 93 Manual | Sapphire Obi

greedostick

Received. Will be shipped out Monday. Thanks :) now. I have to find a duo.
IMG

Bernie

Awesome!  Love seeing things stay here where they are appreciated.  :)  Much respect to ya greedo my man.