10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

RIP - Oderus Urungus

Started by TheClash603, 03/26/2014, 12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/25/arts/music/dave-brockie-alien-garbed-leader-of-gwar-dies-at-50.html?_r=0

For the last 10 years I have looked forward to GWAR's annual tour as one of the highlights of the year.  Last year I didn't have anyone to go with, so I dragged my gf with me.  After we left she said "that was disgusting and I will never go again."  Ironic because she was right...  but awesome because she was actually offended in an era where nothing offends.

Anyone else here a fan of GWAR?  I think the music got better over the years and the live shows were always great.

GWAR - Have You Seen Me? (HD)

HailingTheThings

I remember seeing this video all the time back in the day, never really got into them, though they seemed fun enough.
IMG

jperryss

I wasn't much of a fan, but I did get to see them open for the Misfits around '99.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Opethian

I saw these guys in 2001 man amazing show. Didn't really care much for the music the but stage antics were hilarious.
IMG

Gogan

Played a couple shows with em ~4 years ago. Dave was always a cool dude to everyone backstage. Sux
Nothin beats the real thing.

ToyMachine78

I saw them in Charleston SC once at the Music Farm. The giant man eating vagina was hilarious. My date never spoke to me again though. Thought I was deranged to find such a band entertaining. She was prob right, but good riddance bitch! Lol

jeffhlewis

Every year they've come to either Norfolk (back when I lived in VA) or Milwaukee, and every year I said "I should go to that show"...never made it. Never will now...sucks.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 03/26/2014, 12:24 PMI saw them in Charleston SC once at the Music Farm. The giant man eating vagina was hilarious. My date never spoke to me again though. Thought I was deranged to find such a band entertaining. She was prob right, but good riddance bitch! Lol
Damn, that's harsh. People need a sense of humor.
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/26/2014, 05:03 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/26/2014, 12:24 PMI saw them in Charleston SC once at the Music Farm. The giant man eating vagina was hilarious. My date never spoke to me again though. Thought I was deranged to find such a band entertaining. She was prob right, but good riddance bitch! Lol
Damn, that's harsh. People need a sense of humor.
Agreed.  Anyone that is stupid enough to take anything GWAR did as serious is the person with issues, not the band itself.

Arkhan Asylum

hell even Microsoft thought GWAR was hilarious.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

chany60126

I am not familiar with GWAR's music. But I remember they were idolized by Beavis and Butthead. They even made several 16-bit games of the duo trying to get tickets for their concerts.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: chany60126 on 03/27/2014, 04:37 PMI am not familiar with GWAR's music. But I remember they were idolized by Beavis and Butthead. They even made several 16-bit games of the duo trying to get tickets for their concerts.
I remember playing one of those games on SNES long ago, but don't remember the Gwar thing, far out.
IMG

geise

I acutually like the earlier stuff.  I always liked them but was never a die hard fan.  I did get to see them in 94 with the crapapolt.  It didn't matter where you were at the venue.  You left soaked or covered in god knows what.  Haha it was a "blast"!

roflmao

Such sad news...  My little brother and I saw them every time they came to town (3 times at least) back in the late 90s. I'll *never* forget those shows.  R.I.P.