Do you plan on buying Atlantean on a card?

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 04/21/2014, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Elder on 06/07/2014, 11:14 PMI had no clue there were indie releases for the TG.  This is pretty damn awesome.  What other indie releases are must haves?

I'm going to go order Insanity right now!
I don't know if "must have" is a good thing to throw around when it comes to indie games ...

makes it feel like it will soon be swallowed up but collectors all to soon and then become no different from shelf ware that already exist ..........

I dont' know ...just seemed to strike me as odd to hear "must have" and indie games that are being made for older systems that no longer exist "I don't include repro games in my idea of indie games as they are ports of already existing games"....not to say fan translations are not the work of the devil lol...because that is a laborer of love...

Elder

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/07/2014, 11:30 PMI don't know if "must have" is a good thing to throw around when it comes to indie games ...

makes it feel like it will soon be swallowed up but collectors all to soon and then become no different from shelf ware that already exist ..........

I dont' know ...just seemed to strike me as odd to hear "must have" and indie games that are being made for older systems that no longer exist "I don't include repro games in my idea of indie games as they are ports of already existing games"....not to say fan translations are not the work of the devil lol...because that is a laborer of love...
I meant no disrespect whatsoever.  All I meant was if there was a Sturmwind released, basically a title that was pretty much a AAA official release, except not.  All indie releases are labors of love, but once and a while a game will come along that is just so O_O wow great that it is a must own by everyone.  I strongly feel that way about Sturmwind on the Dreamcast.  That game is incredible, and I think everyone who owns a DC should purchase it.  That's sort of what I meant by must-have :)

Elder

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/07/2014, 11:34 PMMysterious Song (must have)
Pyramid Plunder
Meteor Blaster
Implode
Lucretia (soon to be released must have)
Thanks for the info :)  Looks like the makers of Mysterious Song are gone or they're having website issues.  I looked on eBay, but don't see anything there.  I might have to miss out on that one sadly, and it's a shame as it looks great.

I found this link for Lucretia: http://eponasoft.blogspot.ca/p/shop-eponasoft.html and I'm going to assume that's still valid, but with an outdated release date?  I pre-ordered my copy, so hopefully that's the correct link ;) 

Anyways, thanks for the great suggestions :)

Elder

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/08/2014, 10:33 AMThe Old Rover is the lead man for both Frozen Utopia and Eponasoft.  Both very much alive and kicking!  New copies of Mysterious Song are out there somewhere... I forget what site, though. Someone here probably remembers. Side note: A sequel is in the works and there has been some discussion about doing another run of Mysterious Song.
Thanks for the info!  I shot The Old Rover a PM, but if anyone else knows where I could snag a copy of Mysterious Song please let me know :)

This is absolutely awesome.  I love being able to buy brand new games for a system that is no longer supported.  I recently picked up Knight's Chance on the Neo, and damn was that impressive.

Bardoly

Quote from: Elder on 06/07/2014, 11:14 PMI had no clue there were indie releases for the TG.  This is pretty damn awesome.  What other indie releases are must haves?

I'm going to go order Insanity right now!
In my opinion, all of them are 'must haves'.   :-"  I am all for supporting home brew developers, so unless something released was proven garbage put out solely for the purpose of scalping Turbo lovers, then I will buy a copy and recommend others to do the same.  That said, I personally got far more enjoyment from Mysterious Song and Pyramid Plunder than I did from the other indie games.

I believe that Good Deal Games still has new stock of Mysterious Song and most of the other indie releases as well.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Elder on 06/08/2014, 09:48 AM
Quote from: Nulltard on 06/07/2014, 11:34 PMMysterious Song (must have)
Pyramid Plunder
Meteor Blaster
Implode
Lucretia (soon to be released must have)
Thanks for the info :)  Looks like the makers of Mysterious Song are gone or they're having website issues.  I looked on eBay, but don't see anything there.  I might have to miss out on that one sadly, and it's a shame as it looks great.

I found this link for Lucretia: http://eponasoft.blogspot.ca/p/shop-eponasoft.html and I'm going to assume that's still valid, but with an outdated release date?  I pre-ordered my copy, so hopefully that's the correct link ;) 

Anyways, thanks for the great suggestions :)
You can learn more about Mysterious Song here:

https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/mysterious_song/about.html
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Elder

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/08/2014, 02:15 PMIn my opinion, all of them are 'must haves'.   :-"  I am all for supporting home brew developers, so unless something released was proven garbage put out solely for the purpose of scalping Turbo lovers, then I will buy a copy and recommend others to do the same.  That said, I personally got far more enjoyment from Mysterious Song and Pyramid Plunder than I did from the other indie games.

I believe that Good Deal Games still has new stock of Mysterious Song and most of the other indie releases as well.
Thanks for the info!  I just contacted them and asked for the total for all six games they currently have listed on the site.  I sure hope they've got them all in-stock.

Thanks again! :)

Elder

CrackTiger

Pyramid Plunder is as much fun as any game, 16-bit or otherwise.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheClash603

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/08/2014, 03:29 PMPyramid Plunder is as much fun as any game, 16-bit or otherwise.
Great game for sure.

But Insanity is better!

Elder

I've been checking out most of these games while I wait for Good Deal Games to get back to me, and they look really good.  It's going to be fun doing video reviews for these indie releases.  :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/08/2014, 02:15 PMI believe that Good Deal Games still has new stock of Mysterious Song and most of the other indie releases as well.
I contacted them about Revival Chase like forever ago or something, have yet to hear back.

:(
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/08/2014, 08:35 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 06/08/2014, 02:15 PMI believe that Good Deal Games still has new stock of Mysterious Song and most of the other indie releases as well.
I contacted them about Revival Chase like forever ago or something, have yet to hear back.

:(
I bought my copy of that game from Good Deal Games.  This must've added me to their mailing list, because about a month after I got an email that said "We have 5 copies left at 1/2 price..." or something to that effect.  I tried to nab one, only to find out it was already gone.  Anyway, that is my long was of saying I thought they were sold out, unless they A.) got new stock, or B.) that was just a few extras they had without the magazine.

Elder

I'll let you guys know if anyone gets back to me, but now I'm not so confident O_o

TheClash603

Quote from: Elder on 06/08/2014, 10:28 PMI'll let you guys know if anyone gets back to me, but now I'm not so confident O_o
I have bought from there before, it is a good site.  I am guessing the guy could be on vacation or something, seems like a small operation.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/08/2014, 09:33 PMI bought my copy of that game from Good Deal Games.  This must've added me to their mailing list, because about a month after I got an email that said "We have 5 copies left at 1/2 price..." or something to that effect.  I tried to nab one, only to find out it was already gone.  Anyway, that is my long was of saying I thought they were sold out, unless they A.) got new stock, or B.) that was just a few extras they had without the magazine.
Well, now I'm sad. That game looked fun. :(
IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/08/2014, 10:31 PM
Quote from: Elder on 06/08/2014, 10:28 PMI'll let you guys know if anyone gets back to me, but now I'm not so confident O_o
I have bought from there before, it is a good site.  I am guessing the guy could be on vacation or something, seems like a small operation.
He is busy with his giant auction...

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17036.0

Elder

So I heard back from the site, they have all the games in-stock and ready to ship except Mysterious Song.  Go figure, as that's the one I was the most excited for.

That means I'm still on the hunt for Mysterious Song if anyone knows where I can purchase a copy, please let me know :)

roflmao

Quote from: Elder on 06/08/2014, 09:48 AMI found this link for Lucretia: http://eponasoft.blogspot.ca/p/shop-eponasoft.html and I'm going to assume that's still valid, but with an outdated release date?  I pre-ordered my copy, so hopefully that's the correct link ;) 
Thanks for re-posting this link.  I just placed my pre-order as well.

Like Bardoly mentioned, you really can't go wrong with any of the homebrew games.  I try to support all homebrew efforts (though I missed out on the French magazine one) and I haven't been disappointed yet.  Highlights include Pyramid Plunder, Mysterious Song and Implode.  They all have gotten to know my Obey machines quite well. :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Elder on 06/09/2014, 09:32 AMSo I heard back from the site, they have all the games in-stock and ready to ship except Mysterious Song.  Go figure, as that's the one I was the most excited for.

That means I'm still on the hunt for Mysterious Song if anyone knows where I can purchase a copy, please let me know :)
So...then...they have Revival Chase still....?

I never hear a GD thing from them yet? WTF?
IMG

Elder

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 11:55 PMThanks for re-posting this link.  I just placed my pre-order as well.

Like Bardoly mentioned, you really can't go wrong with any of the homebrew games.  I try to support all homebrew efforts (though I missed out on the French magazine one) and I haven't been disappointed yet.  Highlights include Pyramid Plunder, Mysterious Song and Implode.  They all have gotten to know my Obey machines quite well. :)
Glad the link helped someone else.

I'm trying everything in my power to score a copy of Mysterious Song because I've got the other five indie releases on their way.  When that package comes in it's going to be awesome playing brand new Turbo games :). Now if only I could find Mysterious Song!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Elder on 06/10/2014, 12:02 AMNow if only I could find Mysterious Song!
Hit up Storino or RoyVegas? lol? :3 Maybe?
IMG

Elder

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/10/2014, 12:00 AM
Quote from: Elder on 06/09/2014, 09:32 AMSo I heard back from the site, they have all the games in-stock and ready to ship except Mysterious Song.  Go figure, as that's the one I was the most excited for.

So...then...they have Revival Chase still....?

I never hear a GD thing from them yet? WTF?
Yup they've got Revival Chase in stock.  Send another email, maybe it simply slipped through the cracks.  Either that or they liked the fact I'm spending near $200 on games. 

I take it you were joking about contacting those users for Mysterious Song.  I haven't been around long enough to know the price gougers yet ;)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Elder on 06/10/2014, 09:02 AMI take it you were joking about contacting those users for Mysterious Song.  I haven't been around long enough to know the price gougers yet ;)
RoyVegas did some stuff, but he seems like a good guy, I'd honestly trust him, but I don't think he actually has it. And Storino, well he's a dirty, dirty MF.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16464.0

I was just being a butt with you, mew, sawrs. :3
IMG

Elder

Keranu sent me a PM, said he has 5 copies and will gladly sell one to me.  This just made my whole day.  Since he's a mod with tons of posts I'm going to say he's trustworthy ;). Thanks for he head's up about Storino though, very good to know.

Bardoly

Yeah, Keranu's cool.  I've actually met him in person when I drove over to his place (like 9 miles away) to pick up my copy of Mysterious Song on its official release date.   :mrgreen:

Elder

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/11/2014, 11:49 AMYeah, Keranu's cool.  I've actually met him in person when I drove over to his place (like 9 miles away) to pick up my copy of Mysterious Song on its official release date.   :mrgreen:
Awesome! :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: Elder on 06/11/2014, 08:44 AMKeranu sent me a PM, said he has 5 copies and will gladly sell one to me.  This just made my whole day.  Since he's a mod with tons of posts I'm going to say he's trustworthy ;). Thanks for he head's up about Storino though, very good to know.
Since he worked on the game and did a lot of the distributing, you can definitely trust him. He took the photos of the final product on that Mysterious Song site I put together.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/11/2014, 04:07 AMRoyVegas did some stuff, but he seems like a good guy, I'd honestly trust him.
Hahaha.

what the fuck.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Elder

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/11/2014, 12:14 PMSince he worked on the game and did a lot of the distributing, you can definitely trust him. He took the photos of the final product on that Mysterious Song site I put together.
Fantastic.  I've been looking everywhere for this game.  :)

Arkhan Asylum

Oh, and to bring this thread back on topic:

Atlantean is rapidly coming to a close.  I am basically planning to have to release around the same time as CCAG this year.

So, a little over a month, unless something horrible happens during playtesting, lol.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Bardoly

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2014, 03:53 PMOh, and to bring this thread back on topic:

Atlantean is rapidly coming to a close.  I am basically planning to have to release around the same time as CCAG this year.

So, a little over a month, unless something horrible happens during playtesting, lol.
What are the odds on some 'prerelease' copies making it to VGS?   [-o< [-o< [-o<

Elder

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2014, 03:53 PMOh, and to bring this thread back on topic:

This is wonderful news :)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/11/2014, 04:37 PM

What are the odds on some 'prerelease' copies making it to VGS?   [-o< [-o< [-o<
lol, ZERO.

only because I am guaranteeing that the protocard people are first to get them.

Elder

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2014, 05:01 PMlol, ZERO.

only because I am guaranteeing that the protocard people are first to get them.
Have you pre-sold of Atlantean?  I'm new around here so I'm unsure if you ever even opened pre-orders for the cards or not. :)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, screw that noise.

We did preorders for Insanity, but only after the game was done, and only because I didn't have 1000$ laying around to send to a pressing house to get it made lol.

so it was more like a fundraiser.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2014, 05:59 PMI didn't have 1000$ laying around to send to a pressing house
Fucking hobo.  Get a job.  :P

Arkhan Asylum

yeah I have one of those now lol.  Insanity was during college times.

NOW I HAVE ME AN EDUMCATIONS!

NecroPhile

So where do I send monies so I can design my own player sprites and dictate level design?  Watermelon fuckteries!  :twisted:

Arkhan Asylum

YEAH.  If you send me 4000$, it will buy you enough Aethergems to turn the Atlantean sprites into a bunch of cocks.

Elder

Ok cool, that's good to know.  So what's the standard operating procedure then?  You'll let everyone know in these boards that the game is good to go, and we send you our monies and away we go? 

TheClash603

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2014, 06:24 PMYEAH.  If you send me 4000$, it will buy you enough Aethergems to turn the Atlantean sprites into a bunch of cocks.
I will throw $50 on to the cock collection plate.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2014, 06:24 PMYEAH.  If you send me 4000$, it will buy you enough Aethergems to turn the Atlantean sprites into a bunch of cocks.
Will I also be invited to the pre-release party in Atlantis, as long as I pay for my own way there?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Elder on 06/11/2014, 07:24 PMOk cool, that's good to know.  So what's the standard operating procedure then?  You'll let everyone know in these boards that the game is good to go, and we send you our monies and away we go? 
Basically.   Once the PCEFXers are taken care of, you can order through aetherbyte.com, but it'll be one of those like "first come first serve" things where I may email to tell you "hey we ran out, hold tight while we make more".

I am also entertaining the idea of selling the ROM through Aetherbyte (hand delivered by me).

I am sure I will make exactly one sale of that before it is thrust onto the internets for everyone, lol.

Elder

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2014, 07:34 PMBasically.   Once the PCEFXers are taken care of, you can order through aetherbyte.com, but it'll be one of those like "first come first serve" things where I may email to tell you "hey we ran out, hold tight while we make more".

I am also entertaining the idea of selling the ROM through Aetherbyte (hand delivered by me).

I am sure I will make exactly one sale of that before it is thrust onto the internets for everyone, lol.
Ok great, thanks for the info.  I'll be sure to keep it locked here then.  Would really love to get my hands on a brand new card after all these years, and the game itself looks great from what I've seen online :)

Mathius

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2014, 07:34 PM
Quote from: Elder on 06/11/2014, 07:24 PMOk cool, that's good to know.  So what's the standard operating procedure then?  You'll let everyone know in these boards that the game is good to go, and we send you our monies and away we go? 
Basically.   Once the PCEFXers are taken care of, you can order through aetherbyte.com, but it'll be one of those like "first come first serve" things where I may email to tell you "hey we ran out, hold tight while we make more".

By "PCFXers" do you mean the proto peeps? Or all the regulars on the site?

synbiosfan

Quote from: Mathius on 06/11/2014, 08:41 PM

By "PCFXers" do you mean the proto peeps? Or all the irregulars on the site?
Whether I'm one of the chosen :P or have to wait a bit, I'm closer to playing Atlantean.

ParanoiaDragon

I thought you were going to maybe offer the ROM to people who buy the physical card?  Or am I remembering wrong?
IMG

roflmao

Excellent news, Ark!  I'm super psyched. :)