10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Do you plan on buying Atlantean on a card?

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 04/21/2014, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

_Paul

Quote from: esteban on 07/23/2014, 12:44 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/22/2014, 03:56 PMTurboExpress.jpg
Can someone translate this for folks who don't have Facebook? (Me)

thank you  :pcgs:
Join facebook with a fake name so you don't miss out on all the PCE fun.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2014, 04:40 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/23/2014, 12:44 AMCan someone translate this for folks who don't have Facebook? (Me)

I just can't bring myself to do Facebook
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: esteban on 07/23/2014, 05:59 PMI just can't bring myself to do Facebook
Be strong.  If you join Facebook then some asshole will get you to join Twitter.  I've been using Twitter for 2 years and I still don't understand why the fuck anyone would want to use it.  Oh, and if you join Twitter then they'll want you to join Pinterest and the next thing you know you'll have your pants down around your ankles in a bathroom stall waiting for the next stranger to walk in to help you flush your load if you know what I mean.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: esteban on 07/23/2014, 12:44 AMCan someone translate this for folks who don't have Facebook? (Me)

That's exactly what I did.  I occasionally log in when there's any news that's on FB.
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/23/2014, 10:49 PM

That's exactly what I did.  I occasionally log in when there's any news that's on FB.
It's pretty good if you use it just as a news feed for stuff you're interested in. And the PCE groups.

Arkhan Asylum

I use Facebook to spam J Pop videos and make fun of people.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/24/2014, 03:44 PMI use Facebook to spam J Pop videos and make fun of people.
What, you mean that Facebook can be used for something else besides annoying people?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

Opethian

IMG

Psycho Punch

Legit question: Is the art on the card embossed? If negative why not?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

schweaty

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/25/2014, 01:53 AMhttp://aetherbyte.blogspot.com/
oh, snap!  cleveland gets lebron and atlantean in the same year?  cleveland is the promised land (said no one.... ever)

esteban

Hello. I am Japanese Telephone Booth.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

TheClash603

I was contemplating driving to Cleveland to pick this bad boy up tomorrow, but 6 copies and my tendency to wake up in the afternoon + 3 hour drive means there is a chance of sadness when I get there.

Good luck at the show and I can't wait until the forum sales open up!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: esteban on 07/25/2014, 03:56 PMHello. I am Japanese Telephone Booth.
I am serious. It would be cool to have embossed art on the card, since it's made with, you know, a 3D printer.
It's cool either way but it would give me more raging erections if done that way.

ParanoiaDragon

waiting, waiting, waiting for PCEFX orders to open :)  Looking forward to shooting fishies n' stuff.
IMG

OldMan

QuoteIt would be cool to have embossed art on the card....
Sorry, but the printer doesn't have that kind of resolution. We couldn't even get a decent Aetherbyte logo printed on it (Yes, I tried) .

Trying to model the artwork would be extremely time-intensive, as well. Just not worth it - we would rather have people playing the game.

Arkhan Asylum

We sold out of the small batch we took.  People were peeing themselves.

The protocard people are being taken care of first and foremost here.  Once they are all squared away (I just need the stragglers to reply so I can get things together), we will setup and announce that the game is for sale.

You will all be the first to know this detail.

Opethian

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

spenoza

Yeah, you had a pretty nice setup, there. I especially liked the booth babe. She had a cute girlfriend, too, though I dunno 'bout that fro...

Congrats on a successful debut!

NightWolve

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/26/2014, 10:27 PMArkoExGirlFriend.webp
Aaah, so you brought your girlfriend along to help sell your wares... Clever! No wonder you sold out! :P

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/26/2014, 10:27 PMArkoExGirlFriend.webp
Is your female friend dressed as a megaman or final fantasy character?

Your outfit reminds me of that euro only DC platformer.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

spenoza

Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/27/2014, 12:45 AMYour outfit reminds me of that euro only DC platformer.
My bad joke aside, I think he actually looks a little like Eddie Van Halen in the 80s. Eddie had his hair feathered and Arkhan's is more fro/curly, but the shape and general body type are similar enough.

Arkhan Asylum

nah she was  just wearing normal stuff.  people thought I dressed like that just for the show.

It was pretty funny.

wildfruit

I pretty much envy that hair seeing as I'm going bald.

NightWolve

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/27/2014, 01:46 PMArkoExGirlFriend.webp
nah she was just wearing normal stuff.
Hey, uh, Ark, would you be offended if I said that I, uh, wanted to play "Pyramid Plunder-her" or "Plunder her Pyramid" with your girlfriend there ?? ;) Sorry, had to get the joke in. :P

NecroPhile

I wanna get something in and it ain't a joke.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/29/2014, 10:14 AMI wanna get something in and it ain't a joke.
What? Like a "meat-in greet"?

NightWolve

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Mathius on 07/29/2014, 10:25 AMWhat? Like a "meat-in greet"?
Dirty old Mathius pulls through.  I laughed.  Points to you sir!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

ctophil

Oh yeah, I definitely want to get Atlantean on a Hucard.  I love homebrew games, and I get them whenever they are available.  I looked at the sample video of the game.   It looks great so far.  Keep up the good work! 

thesteve

esadajr

Quote from: ctophil on 08/01/2014, 01:59 AMOh yeah, I definitely want to get Atlantean on a Hucard.
I'll settle for a digital release
Gaming since 1985

Dicer

Quote from: esadajr on 08/05/2014, 05:41 PM
Quote from: ctophil on 08/01/2014, 01:59 AMOh yeah, I definitely want to get Atlantean on a Hucard.
I want both...

NightWolve

No way I would do that myself! If they uploaded a ROM file anywhere, the whole incentive to buy the game would be destroyed. And now with good working flashcarts like Turbo Everdrive, you wouldn't have to limit yourself to emulators either! When they sell out of every last physical HuCard that they're willing to produce, then maybe it'd be something to consider, but certainly not now in my opinion.

Mathius

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/06/2014, 09:49 PM
No way I would do that myself! If they uploaded a ROM file anywhere, the whole incentive to buy the game would be destroyed. And now with good working flashcarts like Turbo Everdrive, you wouldn't have to limit yourself to emulators either! When they sell out of every last physical HuCard that they're willing to produce, then maybe it'd be something to consider, but certainly not now in my opinion.
Agreed

Dicer

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/06/2014, 09:49 PMNo way I would do that myself! If they uploaded a ROM file anywhere, the whole incentive to buy the game would be destroyed. And now with good working flashcarts like Turbo Everdrive, you wouldn't have to limit yourself to emulators either! When they sell out of every last physical HuCard that they're willing to produce, then maybe it'd be something to consider, but certainly not now in my opinion.
I disagree, it's going to be a collectors item for sure...I plan on digital and the real deal, but to be honest I doubt the actual hu-card will go in my machine except to test it. The digital release will be tagged so if some scum decided to leak it, it'll be traceable.

Many people won't be able to get the psychical copy right away, why deny them the right to play it if there are means and ways to provide it?

But we are getting off topic, Let's go go go This is my B-day present to myself.

NightWolve

Just let 'em make all their HuCards and sell 'em out, that's it! They can do something that you suggest afterwards. Win-win. I would NOT give up ANY temporary anti-piracy situation that there is here as I don't think any potential buyer owns any of those HuCard reader/dumper devices out there; I've never seen one, have no idea who even dumped the whole NEC library, etc.

Because you claim "many" won't get the physical copy right away, the producers should be denied the opportunity to maximize sales of a physical product that they've likely spent thousands of hours working on ?? ... I say, you show some patience, let 'em sell out of the physical copies instead of pressuring them into some kind of digital release... It's not much of a consolation prize that the image could be tagged and the leaker traced, the damage would still be done. Even if it only costs you 15% in physical sales because of the temptation, that's still significant a loss... I would not risk it.

Dicer

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/07/2014, 12:03 AMJust let 'em make all their HuCards and sell 'em out, that's it! They can do something that you suggest afterwards. Win-win. I would NOT give up ANY temporary anti-piracy situation that there is here as I don't think any potential buyer owns any of those HuCard reader/dumper devices out there; I've never seen one, have no idea who even dumped the whole NEC library, etc.

Because you claim "many" won't get the physical copy right away, the producers should be denied the opportunity to maximize sales of a physical product that they've likely spent thousands of hours working on ?? ... I say, you show some patience, let 'em sell out of the physical copies instead of pressuring them into some kind of digital release... It's not much of a consolation prize that the image could be tagged and the leaker traced, the damage would still be done. Even if it only costs you 15% in physical sales because of the temptation, that's still significant a loss... I would not risk it.
Who's pressuring them? They already stated there would be a digital option...I didn't magically come up with it.

Again getting off track...just be excited for it.

NightWolve

Your argument, "Many people won't be able to get the psychical copy right away, why deny them the right to play it if there are means and ways to provide it?" is pressuring, cheering, advocating, etc. for it right now, the sooner the better, etc.

My point was simple enough, let 'em sell out of the physical copies first, and they can do the digital option afterwards if so they choose (they've stated it, as you say). You disagreed with that, though.

Dicer

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/07/2014, 12:35 AMYour argument, "Many people won't be able to get the psychical copy right away, why deny them the right to play it if there are means and ways to provide it?" is pressuring, cheering, advocating, etc. for it right now, the sooner the better, etc.

My point was simple enough, let 'em sell out of the physical copies first, and they can do the digital option afterwards if so they choose (they've stated it, as you say). You disagreed with that, though.
This is the last thing I'll say on the matter, I don't know why you're all over my shit about it?

No-one is pressuring, they already said there would be a digital release for those that cant get the card right away, not my words...

It's not up to you or me...

Everyone is excited, and they will make plenty of sales...but I know they are taking the time and effort to assemble these things by hand, so I am willing to wait on a real copy...but again that is me, others will be killing each other to get the first completed cards.

Again, done discussing this aspect of the release...

NightWolve

Quote from: Dicer on 08/07/2014, 12:44 AMThis is the last thing I'll say on the matter, I don't know why you're all over my shit about it?

No-one is pressuring, they already said there would be a digital release for those that cant get the card right away, not my words...

It's not up to you or me...
I thought I defined what is a subtle form of pressuring/advocating/etc. which apparently you don't agree with. Eh never mind, I deleted my OG reply since this got too abrasive. Dicer is an OK dude, don't wanna poison relations in the future. Arkhan wasn't worth it anyway!

Arkhan Asylum

The game will get dumped as soon as an unfamiliar non-forumite ends up with a copy on batch like, 3 or something.

Pier Solar got dumped.  Atlantean will get dumped.

The ROM being available isn't going to impact the sales of these things.  People still go apeshit over buying real cards instead of torrenting the entire NEC library.  almost 100 PCEFX members want it.    Non PCEFX members also want it.

and, if someone would rather download it because some dick posted the ROM.... fine by me.

We didn't make the cards for people who aren't interested in owning a real one.

I don't think it'd be fair if PCEFX members especially, are unable to play the game for awhile because they haven't gotten their copy yet.

This removes that issue

OldRover

I want it. The real thing. I just can't afford it yet. But I will own it someday. In the meantime, the ROM will be just fine for me, and I have no problem shelling out the small cost for it. I have no interest in a pirated ROM.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

VestCunt

Quote from: The Old Rover on 08/07/2014, 03:14 AMI have no interest in a pirated ROM.
I plan to collect both the official ROM and the pirated ROM so I have a complete set.
Topic Adjourned.