@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Which PC Engine song do you have stuck in your head?

Started by CrackTiger, 05/31/2014, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

The other day I had something stuck in my head and it took a while for me to figure out that it was the pre-stage cinematic from Vigilante, which was weird since I haven't played it in a long time. I later pieced together that I got stuck with it after it evolved from three other similar songs, the first of which is from the Langrisser II soundtrack, which I was listening to a week earlier. :P

Yesterday this track from LoXII was stuck on repeat in my head:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

sosoyo180

I pretty much have the Dracula X soundtrack stuck in my head constantly... But lately it's just been Den (the level 7 music). Thank god it's so easy to rip the music from the disc itself!
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.

pulstar

At the moment I have been playing a lot of Super Star Solider and the stage 1 music is stuck in my head constantly. It's quite embarrassing to be standing in line for milk at the shop and a few hums slip out. I got quite a few funny looks. It's sets up the game well I think.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

Dicer

Bardoly

It's not currently stuck in my head, Arrrggg!!!  I pulled the music up to get a link for y'all, now the music is stuck in my head!   ](*,)  If you ever play Doraemon: Nobita's Dorabian Night, then the music will get stuck in your head.  It's almost as relentlessly mind-enslaving as The Coo-Coo Cola song from The Rescue Rangers or Dumb Ways to Die.

ClodBusted

esteban

I can't believe I remember the tune for Coo-Coo Cola! Holy cow.

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2014, 04:23 PMValis II Level 1 most of the time.
Track 34 on the CD. I know it well. I love that  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

spenoza

Lately, this particular track from Magical Chase. Final level.

warpig227

i always get the first few stages of bomber man 94 stuck in my head. some really great music in that game

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Psycho Punch

JJ & Jeff sky level and level 1-2/sewer music
Short Chase HQ SCI intro tune (not really the obey rendition, the arcade one... could only find the amiga video:)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Ratix

IMG

Tatsujin

many time it's gate of thunder stage 3, bomberman battle music,  PC Denjin stage 3 etc :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

deubeul

I had a music stuck in my head for like 20 years, and discovered last week that it was Dragon Slayer last boss' song. That was quite a fantastic feeling.

VenomMacbeth

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the Soldier Blade OST.  Some of those tracks are mercilessly catchy & ear-wormy.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Cogwheels

Soldier Blade and Dracula X for sure. Incredible games. Incredible soundtracks

Mathius

Sometimes all I have to see or hear is the word "PC Engine" and I get Kyukyoku Tiger's level 1 theme blasting through my brain cells. Toaplan's musicians always made the PCE's processor sing.

Psycho Punch

Why do I hear the SFX of Gunboat when I see the word "Turbografx"? I can't be the only one who hears "bzzzzt aughaughuahaAAAAAAaaah ratatatatatatata bzzzzzzzzzzzt" can I?

EDIT: actually when I hear about the OBEY the music that comes in my mind is a randomized pick from Super Raiden, Ys I+II, Double Dragon "water base" and Mysterious Warrior bgm, and Legendary Axe level 1 music. Special mention for the "I MISS U BABY" song from Final Zone 2.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

reson8er

I've had the Tatsujin opening theme in my head all day, not that I'm complaining. Love that music. :-"

Nando

Two Cadash songs, the first town song and the second dungeon song.  Can't GET THEM OUT! and I'm okay with this.

I recently played the arcade version of Cadash for the first time in years, I have to say the PCE version is quite fantastic in comparison.

Besides those two songs, I have the Cielom track from WoT playing as well.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: deubeul on 06/07/2014, 03:06 PMI had a music stuck in my head for like 20 years, and discovered last week that it was Dragon Slayer last boss' song. That was quite a fantastic feeling.
Dragon Slayer has some great battle music!!  I actually LOVE the random battle music the most, probably more than any other RPG battle music.  :)

Sometimes, when I'm playing other RPGs and I get into a random battle and the game loads the battle music, I sometimes half expect the Dragon Slayer battle theme to pop up.  I especially thought this when I played Mysterious Song.  Every once in a while the battle would take upwards of 20-30 seconds to load and I just had this sinking feeling that the DS battle music was going to jump out and scare the shit out of me.   LOL

Ah, such legend.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SuperPlay

I have had the Ys IV System Card Version Warning tune stuck in my head for a few weeks.  Get out already ;-)

[PCE] Ys IV The Dawn of Ys - Error Screen

esteban

Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/22/2014, 04:00 PMI have had the YS IV System Card Version Warning tune stuck in my head for a few weeks.  Get out already ;-)

[PCE] Ys IV The Dawn of Ys - Error Screen
I never saw that before! Awesome.

I recognize the tune of course  :pcgs:

spenoza

Quote from: Mathius on 07/21/2014, 06:56 PMSometimes all I have to see or hear is the word "PC Engine" and I get Kyukyoku Tiger's level 1 theme blasting through my brain cells. Toaplan's musicians always made the PCE's processor sing.
Didn't ever listen to the music from this game before, but it sounds, to me, like they are using the same sound library as Dungeon Explorer. Interesting.

FraGMarE

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 07/23/2014, 04:42 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/21/2014, 06:56 PMSometimes all I have to see or hear is the word "PC Engine" and I get Kyukyoku Tiger's level 1 theme blasting through my brain cells. Toaplan's musicians always made the PCE's processor sing.
Didn't ever listen to the music from this game before, but it sounds, to me, like they are using the same sound library as Dungeon Explorer. Interesting.
It very well could. Another game that sounds a lot like DE is Legendary Axe II.

ccovell

Quote from: Mathius on 07/23/2014, 07:18 PM
All 3 use Macco's (Atlus) sound driver.

Mathius

Quote from: ccovell on 07/24/2014, 07:22 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/23/2014, 07:18 PM
All 3 use Macco's (Atlus) sound driver.
Interesting! Are there any other games that use it. Did Tatsujin? It has that smooth PCE "buzz".

toktogul

ccovell

Quote from: Mathius on 07/25/2014, 02:24 AMInteresting! Are there any other games that use it. Did Tatsujin? It has that smooth PCE "buzz".
That PCE buzz was from 1 or more pulse waves phasing at low frequencies... unmistakable.  For more games composed by or with sound drivers by Macco/Atlus, read best musician entry #1 from the excerpt that I wrote up: https://www.chrismcovell.com/texts/TopPCEMusic.html

For more of course please check out my Turbo diskmag, Courage: https://www.chrismcovell.com/creations.html

awbacon

Bomberman 94 first stage music. I can hum it from memory any time

ultrageranium

Right now, Download's game over tune :(

Great tune though ;)

Digi.k

RyuHayabusa

Track 4 from Efera and Jiliora. This game has a few very cool tracks, particularly 3 and 4. You can stream these tracks from Hardcore Gaming on this page:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/pcemcdmusic/pcemcdmusic6.htm

esteban

ParanoiaDragon

At the moment, I have the PC Engine version of Mega Man 1's Stage Select running around in my head.  I will elaborate no further :D
IMG

Galder

Dead moon stage 2 song, it is addictive like heck!

PukeSter

Rondo of Blood- Bloody Tears

Mr. Heli- Stage 2 theme

ParanoiaDragon

Now I have the PC Engine CD version of Cutman's theme in my head!
IMG

esteban

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/03/2014, 09:18 PMNow I have the PC Engine CD version of Cutman's theme in my head!
L'awesome!

Buh Buh Buh Buh BASE....

wolfman

This one. Still not tired hearing it after some plays  =D&gt;
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Digi.k

Quote from: Nando on 07/22/2014, 12:18 PMTwo Cadash songs, the first town song and the second dungeon song.  Can't GET THEM OUT! and I'm okay with this.

I recently played the arcade version of Cadash for the first time in years, I have to say the PCE version is quite fantastic in comparison.

Besides those two songs, I have the Cielom track from WoT playing as well. 
I also love the music in Cadash !!

Taito did some fantastic music track for some of their pc engine games....  Although imo their worst pce game was new Zealand story..worst color pallet and sound fx and missing stuff in game.

I think their best ever pce games for music are: Kyukyoku Tiger, Parasol Stars and Hanataka Daka!!

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2014, 10:14 PMLately, this particular track from Magical Chase. Final level.
There was a time I was completely obsessed with pce Magical chase music too.  Bomberman 93' and jackie chan also have fantastic chip tune ost's

SuperGrafx

I frequently find myself hearing tunes from Dragon's Curse and Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

bancho

Quote from: ultrageranium on 07/31/2014, 06:11 PMRight now, Download's game over tune :(

Great tune though ;)
This for me also, such a great 'game over' tune and screen as a matter of fact!

ParanoiaDragon

The PC Engine CD version of Cutman's theme is allllmost out of my head!  8)
IMG

yoyo

The Neutopia overworld theme has been going through my head for quite some time now. Catchy music in that game.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG