PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

WTB: Original non turbo pc engine pads

Started by BlueBMW, 06/03/2014, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Looking for any non turbo original pc engine pads.  What I do with them is blasphemous....  I rewire them into msx/x68000 pads and then reuse their cable to make x68000 keyboard adapters...  Ive run out of em so I need moar!  Let me know if you have some for sale cheap. :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

hoobs88

I think I have one. I also have a non working TG-16 system that I was wondering if you could repair?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

BlueBMW

What does the TG-16 do/not do?  Ive not been too successful as of late in reviving non working tg-16s for some reason...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

hoobs88

The screen is white when a hu card is inserted and the power is turned on.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

fraggore

might just be a dirty cartridge slot or knackered hu card.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

BlueBMW

Those are always one of the more challenging problems to solve.  Sometimes its one hucard pin not making good contact... other times is one of the ICs that handle the data bus lines.. sometimes its a cut trace.  I hate solving those issues hehe.

LostFlunky

Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/04/2014, 12:35 AMThe screen is white when a hu card is inserted and the power is turned on.
I have a similar issue - I guess mine has a bad slot.

I've copied an old post for reference:

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/15/2012, 12:03 PMI have a non-working TG16 that has been sitting in a box for years...

When I bought it, it would seem to work for a little while and then stop, and nothing I could do would get it to work again... It was always the same thing on boot - a solid coloured screen, usually light blue or dark green.

I decided to pull it out of hibernation and do some troubleshooting. I grabbed 2 HuCards off the shelf (Bomberman 93 and Bloody Wolf).

Bomberman 93 loads up and plays with no issues.
Bloody Wolf will boot up to a garbled startup screen and become unresponsive after that.

Looking at the contacts, it seems that Bloody Wolf must be thinner, as the contacts hardly move when the card is inserted, but the Bomberman 93 card causes the contacts to bend all the way as it is inserted and then stop about half way in their positions.

So, I gave it a good cleaning.  No difference.

So I grabbed a big mitt full of games to test.  With interesting results.

The first picture is of the games that boot up without issue.  The 2nd is of the games that either will not boot at all or may boot to a garbled title screen.

IMG

IMG