The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Big Collection for SALE!

Started by DildoKKKobold, 06/05/2014, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DildoKKKobold

It is with a sad heart, that I inform you, Michael of House Thomasson, First of His Name, Lord of the Seven Consoles, Protector of Cardboard, King of the Collectards, is selling his collection.

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=958029

Let us have a moment of silence and remembrance for our disposed King. He was crowned king by Ser Records of House Guinness. Many had questioned his claim to the Video Game Throne, However, he reigned to this day. I shall mourn my King.

I wonder what Usurper plans on buying this collection?
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

bob

Nice saturn collection, bro.

geise

esteban

I don't know who this is. I reckon I'll find out soon enough.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/05/2014, 04:14 PMR.I.P.

IMG
As a bit of a Saturn nut, I like that he chose that background :P

bob

Quote from: synbiosfan on 06/05/2014, 06:31 PMAs a bit of a Saturn nut, I like that he chose that background :P
Nice saturn collection, bro.  :lol:

HailingTheThings

Weeow, that's a reallllly cool collection. meh-meh-meh
IMG

Tatsujin

HAHAHA.. that makes my belly laugh like nothing else in recent past!! :lol:

he always claimed that his few bucks game stuff is worth millions, now we will see..hahaha!

anyway this random crap collection was a huge joke for all the serious collectors.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineHell

This kind of nonsense makes me about want to sell my games and get out of this hobby. Sometimes I find myself just not having the time or interest to play the stuff for weeks on end as is, and I get worried my room will end up looking like this guys game vault, tons of unused games, never played. I just couldn't live with myself in a situation like that.

jperryss

There is a thread on DP about this and the consensus is that it's a publicity stunt.

seieienbu

I can't imagine it'd sell for remotely as high as it would if he sold it off in smaller chunks.  All SNES games, all Saturn games, etc.  I'm curious what his collection will go for, so I'm going to make a game of it. 

Price is right style, guess the final bid.  Closest to the price without going over gets a free loose copy of Kieth Courage!!!!  Very Mint with much rare or whatever the hip thing to say is. 

Whatever, I'm guessing $101,000
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

Quote from: jperryss on 06/06/2014, 09:19 AMThere is a thread on DP about this and the consensus is that it's a publicity stunt.
That's what I figured.  If he was serious about selling, he'd be using eBay (or an auction house) and not gamegavel.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

LostFlunky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/06/2014, 11:28 AM
Quote from: jperryss on 06/06/2014, 09:19 AMThere is a thread on DP about this and the consensus is that it's a publicity stunt.
That's what I figured.  If he was serious about selling, he'd be using eBay (or an auction house) and not gamegavel.
It's too bad gamegavel doesn't really get much exposure.  It would be a nice alternative to eBay...  Every time I check it out (for either selling or buying) I end up wondering why I bothered...

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

jtucci31

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/06/2014, 10:41 AMPrice is right style, guess the final bid.  Closest to the price without going over gets a free loose copy of Kieth Courage!!!!  Very Mint with much rare or whatever the hip thing to say is. 

I'll bet $1 Bob!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 02:19 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 06/06/2014, 10:41 AMPrice is right style, guess the final bid.  Closest to the price without going over gets a free loose copy of Kieth Courage!!!!  Very Mint with much rare or whatever the hip thing to say is. 

I'll bet $1 Bob!
$2.

jtucci31

Quote from: jperryss on 06/06/2014, 02:27 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 02:19 PM

I'll bet $1 Bob!
$2.
You bastard

PunkCryborg

wildfruit

No magical chase.
No sale

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 02:19 PMI'll bet $1 Bob!
$2.
That kind of bidding was always my favorite thing on the show.  I wonder if there was ever a group that bid $1~$5 consecutively?  The 4th guy would have to be a total idiot to not bid as accurately as he could...

jtucci31

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/06/2014, 10:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 02:19 PMI'll bet $1 Bob!
$2.
That kind of bidding was always my favorite thing on the show.  I wonder if there was ever a group that bid $1~$5 consecutively?  The 4th guy would have to be a total idiot to not bid as accurately as he could...
Why are you saying that they should bid accurately if everyone else bids $1-3? Because if that 4th contestant bids over then they lose, no? It's been awhile

seieienbu

If the 4th contestant bid $4 then the 5th contestant would win automatically.  The 4th contestant should try to bid accurately and not low-ball the price.  The 5th contestant then would decide whether or not the 4th contestant was too high before either bidding $4 or $1 over whatever the 4th guy said.

Ratix

106.07 cents bob
using the gamestop way of "Trading in" ones games given over time
IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/06/2014, 11:36 PMIf the 4th contestant bid $4 then the 5th contestant would win automatically.  The 4th contestant should try to bid accurately and not low-ball the price.  The 5th contestant then would decide whether or not the 4th contestant was too high before either bidding $4 or $1 over whatever the 4th guy said.
Oh i forgot that there were 5 contestants! Makes sense. Your logic checks out  :wink:

geise

Hmmm...does he have a Batrider Ver. B?  I'm also looking for a JP Akumajou Dracula PCB.  I also laugh that a guiness world record holder couldn't even complete a TG-16 or Neo Geo set.  No baller without a complete AES set.  He didn't even complete a LaserActive collection.  If he's making that kind of money as a video game historian i need to change careers.

Mathius

That guy is on staff for the new retro themed mag called Retro. It is owned by Game Gavel I believe, which would explain why the collection was put on their auction site.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Senshi

yea this is nothing more than a stunt for the site and they magazine. Which is rather nice i must say.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

Let's see if he gets paid.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

seieienbu

Quote from: Senshi on 06/06/2014, 01:43 PM$500,000 bob
Congratulations!  You win a loose Kieth Courage. PM me your shipping info and I'll send it out to you.

Paddyfitz18

I resisted until now, but finally went ahead and checked this bullshit out on GameGavel.

It shows a final bid of $750,250.00.  But then I looked at his "panoramic views" of the collection, and got a prompt that the collection is still for sale.  That prompt links to another page that plugs his magazine, and apparently you can email him a bid on the collection from there.  Whatever.

CrackTiger

So in the end all that they accomplished, is further proving how poor gamegavel is at selling video game collectibles?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ToyMachine78

I wouldn't trust that site. Have you read through some of the information there? There are spelling and grammar errors everywhere. Very unprofessional.

synbiosfan

I have used GameGavel quite a bit with no problems. I like it  8)